Reviews for Fatherly Duty
Guest chapter 2 . 12/7/2014
You rock
starxphiler54 chapter 2 . 4/29/2013
I often wondered what it would have been like to see Mulder and Captain Scully meet. Thank you for given us a very nice look into that. LOL! very good indeed.
IAmLoisLane chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
This was very sweet.
enpauriel chapter 2 . 8/9/2008
Oh no! I didn't know he'd died! Oh that's so sad. And makes this story all the sweeter for it, because I agree, it's a crying shame he never met Mulder.

Another lovely chapter and such a sweet end to the story. 'The longing for acceptance coming off him in waves' is such a potent image, you can just see Mulder standing there hoping like hell he can get in good stead with Scully's father. Love the indirect MSR throughout the whole thing. :)
enpauriel chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Intriguing place to stop it, I wondered where you would. I like it though, definitely a cliffhanger if not in the usual sense. Still steeped in mystery at this point as well, or at least it was a little when I was at this point on first read! I do like your dialogue btw, feels very real, not sure if I said that before. Especially that 'your little girl?' 'well not really little any more' bit. And then poor old Mulder at the end, got to have the angst in somewhere. :D

To summarise, on about the third reread I am loving it all over again. :) Ooh, also, I'm really sorry about not getting Double Shot back to you. It's currently 3/4 done but I just didn't have time before we left on Friday to get that last little bit done. Hopefully I can get that to you tomorrow night.
notbettydraper chapter 2 . 8/3/2008
Love it, love it, love it, love it! That is such a great idea!
Starclipper01 chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
Nice story as well as a great way to remember a great actor. Don Davis contributed a lot to sci fi and sfish shows like Twin Peaks, Stargate SG-1, and X-Files.

As long as these shows around as well as fanfic like yours, he will always be a part of us.

Great writing.
Oneturtledove chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
Aw, i loved it! It's good to know that Captain Scully isn't like Bill. I always worried about that. ;)
godric76 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Twin Peaks, X-Files and all those years on SG-1, Don Davis was one of my absolute favorites. What an absolutetly sweet story, Excellent job!
parmakai66 chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
At first I was thinking it was Mulder and Scully with a female kid, but then I got it. I was wondering if Mulder knew all along it was her dad ...

Anyway. Great story! It was different, but kind of a fresh take. I liked it!
gillian dana chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
Really enjoyed this story. Great idea. Never read anything like it! Very well writen!
keleth chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
Great little fic . Loved it . I always wondered how a meeting between Scully's father and Mulder would have went if Captain had not passed away . This would have fit perfectly into the show .

Again great job . Maybe you could write a follow up to the said dinner date ?
Jayce Knight chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
Nicely done. You captured the characters of Mulder and Captain Scully very well. I always wanted more stories about the good Captain, especially after watching "One Breath." Thanks and keep up the great work.