Reviews for A Man Among Men
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I'm in yo' old old writingz. Reviewing yo' fics. :B

[as he wiped his slobbery hand across Oscar's shirt] Haaaaa. A nice touch.

["Then why don't you be a woman?"] Well said, Broscar.

["And if you don't get your hand off of my mouth, I'm going to bite it!"] Dude, she totally would, too.

[She'll never be able to fence. That's boring.] Uh, DUH. All the cool chicks fence.

["Aw, damn," she said] I like that littlegirl!Oscar says "damn." It's very manly of her.

And wait. "André" actually means "manly?" That is just fantastic. ANYWAY, cute childhood piece! I think they're very difficult to write, since everyone was different as children, so kudos to you. I think you managed to capture their personalities well without all the stuff that embittered them as adults (unrequited love, gender confusion, class and gender discrimination, etc.). Hooray!

Love,

Kender
Aqua chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Oh, you have been succeed in writing this, manna. It's so children world but also a way to adolescence.

And it's funny. I laughed a lot.

And about the end. It's sweet and covering all the plot and talkings.

And the way you tell the story, it really fits how children think and do. You seemed not inserting your maturity inside this story, which is good. Because the setting of this story's they're kids.

I guess I should learn much from you in writing.

Excelent, manna. Keep writing.
buzzinbee99 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
this is just so cute! :D i love the way andre reacts to oscar, very very adorable XD
Dust to Dusk chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Such cute interaction! I love young Oscar and Andre.
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. It was well written and I enjoyed all of the dialogue.
Forced Simile chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
I had one of those moments while reading this story. I was re-reading this at work and the phone rang. I said my company greeting and he replied, "Hello, this is Andre," with a French accent. I was totally freaked out.

About *your* story and how awesome it is. Let's see parts I liked:

Oscar licking Andre's hand. Because I have been guilty of using that technique myself, even just a few days ago...so much for being an adult.

And I absolutely adore how Andre was trying to explain to Oscar how she was a woman. Particularly this part:

[“But you have the body of a woman!”

“Prove it.”

“N-no! No way!” He flushed crimson and seemed to shrink underneath her. “D-don’t be ridiculous!”]

I can so hear him saying that to her waving his arms for emphasis. And it would go straight over her head. Also the part where he was trying to explain why he couldn't kiss her. And her response is:

[“Then why don’t you be a woman?”]

Priceless. And the fact that Oscar was questioning why they couldn't makes it seem to me that she wouldn't find the idea 100% apalling as Andre seems to find it. Well he does right now.

Oh and the last scene? As cute as cute can be. Thank you so much, Manna!
loulou.k chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I wasn't wrong by delaying reading this till tonight...IT IS SO AWESOME...I envy Forced Simile for having this fiction as her Birthday's gift.

I was chuckling crazily in my room, you know my favorite stories is what talking about oscar and Andre's childish, I like the way they complete each other sentences, their argument about every thing...

(He fell back against her bed and covered his face with his hands.)Poor Andre how much he had to bear from her madly, and stubborn moments...and during these times he couldn't but be infatuate with her beauty(He locked gazes with her and refused to melt under the combination of long lashes, candlelight, and soft blue eyes.)

(“Prove it.”)! ok at that I stopped reading and said: Oh my God! what are you going to do next Manna?

(“Is that the only way you can think of to prove it?” )Well, for me yes it is o_O

And I couldn't believe the prove she/you gave.

they were talking like two boys cracking about women's charming.

(her hand had found his head. She messed up his hair, rubbing it in every direction just because she could.)She would do every thing just te tease him that for sure.

Well...I'm glad that the ending of there tangle was decent.;)

Aha..I didn't know about Andre's name..very cool..

thanks to you and to lunascorpio for clear these.

keep up your good work.

Kisses,

Loulou
lunascorpio chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I love the fics with André and Oscar as children. André's name origin is greek. I couldn't remember if the origin was latin or greek, but after some research I found out it's greek.

I had a good laugh imagining the ways how André might prove their differences.

Cute story. Write more please.

Hugs.

Luna.
Bradamante68 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Hello! I like very much this story about Oscar and André's youth. You managed to write a story in which they look so "real", perfectly in character. And Oscar is a little rascal, ihihih. I bet you did see also the live action movie, I think there is something close to a quote in the last lines ("fight like a man, talk like a man, and walk like a man).

Your writing style is very fresh, I like it!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I always love reading stuff with a lot of dialouge between the two as children - so freaking cute. Hmm... Feedback wise... Well...

(But I—”) Forgot a quotation mark.

And is the plural of "manservant" "menservants" or "manservants"? Just a question, really. Not feedback.

Hehe those little gossips - talking about the other servants like that! I can just picture that little scenario in my head... B'aw, so cute.

Anyway, I think the bit at the end was very good. Yes, it was. Adorable. MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE RoV!

[Xirysa]