Reviews for Villisca
youthere chapter 7 . 1/1/2009
Shit, poor Emily... well, just...damn.

Y'know all your stories that I've read have this sort of air around them...It brings to my mind a foggy white color, that's both dirty and very pure. And also this sort of light but aggressive blue, and, I dunno,... frost? And fragility.

Erm, o-kay... do I win "weirdest comment"?

I just mean, there's quite a distinct flavor there that's very intriguing. And your imagery is very strong.
youthere chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Heya, loving this story, almost didn't want to pause to review ;)

The song choice for the flashback was bloody perfect, I'm exactly Sam's age and Pearl Jam was pretty much the soundtrack to my teens. Just reading the lyrics took me straight back to those weird don't-know-what-the-fuck-I'm-doing-times. I really liked seeing Sam as a stupid fourteen year old boy, kissing two girls. He may be all soulful and sensitive, but that doesn't mean he wasn't an idiot at fourteen like the rest of us.

The "grieving" mother was just beyond creepy- very unexpected.
IheartSam7 chapter 7 . 11/24/2008
great story. I love sick, hurt sam. more please?
geminigrl11 chapter 7 . 9/1/2008
This is just magnificent. Amazing how, in one chapter, you summed up not only the fic but the whole season, and most of their lives in general.

They've lost so much...it's truly one of the hardest aspects o the show to get my head around. Mom and Dad and Jess. Peripeherally, Pastor Jim and Caleb and Ash. They've been possessed, they've lost people they were trying to save, they'e each died once already in the line of duty. The utter hopelessness of it all pulls me down sometimes...I can't imagine how it would feel to live it.

You've captured both boys so well...the sadness and pain and fear and doubt and LOVE. So much love. And what they will give to and for each other.

This is truly a masterpiece. I am so glad you shared it with us!
geminigrl11 chapter 6 . 9/1/2008
Okay, you have taken the songs to new levels. Who'd've thought "Iko Iko" could be so freaking chilling? Especially the "I'm going to set your mom on fire." EEP! Can something be totally cool and totaly horrifying all at once? Yes, I think so.

How very sad for Sam that a single moment-one tiny little moment-of very youthful indiscretion, with no malice behind it, no planning, nothing, created this horrible monster. What an unfair burden for him. I hope it was the evil house's influence that made Amanda's reaction so over-the-top.

And now, Dean is being used as the instrument of Sam's death...a worst nightmare for him, to be sure. I have every faith that he will wake up in time, but still. Sam believes in him. I do, too.

Fantastic.
geminigrl11 chapter 5 . 9/1/2008
Oh, wow. My favorite chapter yet. In the interest of full disclosure, Sam being hypothermic is one of my favorite ways to read him (yes, I have a problem. It's okay, though: admitting it is the first step. :)). But the reason is exactly what you've written here: Dean taking care of him, both of them leaning on the other, truths being revealed that maybe wouldn't have been otherwise...

Dean telling Sam he believe in him? Beautiful. Both of them singing "Judy Blue Eyes?" Even more beautiful-the situation, the song iself, the way it calls back "Wanted Dead or Alive." (the boys singing together will always be heartbreaking, from now on).

But my favorite paragraph is the one that immediately follows: "And it was hard. Not being able to say what you want, too stubborn to let it go..." That is maybe the best summation of the boys in S2/S3 that I have ever read. Leaves me in tears.

Alright, so Amanda is doing her level-best to end them, but Sam has ignited...what's next?
geminigrl11 chapter 4 . 9/1/2008
Omaha! No! :( Aw, man. I should have seen that coming, but...I really didn't want to.

And it all gets even murkier and deeper...what John knew about Sam. How much of what he did was for Sam's protection, and how much just because John couldn't believe in him? And who is right now-Sam, thinking he's keeping the spirits out on his own somehow, or Dean thinking it's just the tattoos?

Either way, this long night is far from over...
geminigrl11 chapter 3 . 9/1/2008
Oh, Emily. :( Heartbreaking. There is nothing worse than for a parent to lose a child. Especially a young child. I can see where it would have driven her nearly insane, how it set the stage for Amanda to take over.

Amanda has some serious issues...and Sammy, it's not over yet. Hell hath no fury, eh?

I adore Omaha. He reminds me of Ron from "Nightshifter." (Alas, poor Ronald. We hardly knew ye). And what great character names-his and Moon Pie's! Without any description, I have a feel for who Moon Pie is (was).

Now the question is: how are they going to get out?
geminigrl11 chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
Oh, wow! Tis is so absolutely chilling! Emily CREEPS me out-both present and past. And the way Sam is kind of fading in and out, memories and fears and it's almost like he's being sucked backwards into that time as a kid he barely remembers. I can see why Dean is freaking out so much about being back...sounds like something definitely happened to Sam then, which is making him susceptible now, as well.

I'm always intrigued about John knowing something about Sam and the supernatural when Sam was young...we certainly had enough clues that John at least had suspicions, dating all the way back to "Home." But he died before we could find out when he knew and how much, beyond thinking Sam might be turned, might need to be killed before he was. How long had John thought that?

Poor Amanda-every girl's worst nightmare (as a teen, of course), and especially when it's a supposedly nice guy like Sam who's turned his affections from her. No surprise this didn't end well.

And "Jeremy" still gives me goosebumps, 15 years later. Awesome choice for a song...the dark tone, the foreboding sense of what's to come. My goosebumps have goosebumps.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
What a greta set-up! A tangled and complicated past that Sam doesn't fully remember, all wrapped up in a pretty sad and complicated present-children dying, young people dying, Dean's deal closing in. And such a great backdrop for it! I really want to visit this house before I leave...I've got goosbumps already!
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 7 . 8/23/2008
Sorry I didn't review last night, I got talked into watching a dvd with the hubby and as he's pretty much been a Supernatural widower since I got involved in the wonderful world of fanfic, I couldn't refuse him.

Anyway I've just finished reading now and...damn, that was a friggin' awesome story. You're killing me with the limp Sam, seriously, I don't know how much more squeeing over fic I can take. And my Season 3 dvd arrived in the post today so...I think I need to go and lie down. ; D

I've blathered on to you already about how much I love your detailed plots and this one doesn't disappoint. I really enjoyed the idea of the haunted house and the way it tied in with the brothers' past.

Emily killing herself and the death of her daughter was heartbreaking and the old lady performing CPR on Sam...bet she couldn't wait to shove Dean out of the way and get herself what was probably the nearest thing she's had to any action in a long time...anyway Omaha, Emily, Amanda - all fab OCs.

So basically, I loved it Blair.

Phewy, I think I'd better go for that lie down now.

Liz x
Colby's girl chapter 7 . 8/20/2008
Loved the story. Thanks for the entertainment. Have fun in Chicago!
vonnie836 chapter 7 . 8/18/2008
Great story and for being in fan fiction land since March, I have to say, hats off to you. You are doing awesome. This story read very fluidly and it definitely had a lot of angst and action in it. I hardly could stop. Hugs, Vonnie
carocali chapter 7 . 8/16/2008
What a fantastic finish to your story! You had it all - hurt, angst (OH, the angst) and even a hug! Yeah!

I'm so glad that Sam told Dean about what happened with the Trickster. That was such a painful time for him and having Dean know will hopefully get him through the next several months.

"“She, uh,” he sucked it up, “she shot herself.”

The silence laid over them both. Smothering, not warming. “She died?” he knew the answer but asked in spite of himself. Dean never spoke, just hung his head low, gave a sad nod.

Sam wiped away the wetness running down his good cheek. They hadn’t saved anybody. They’d all died. He’d wished Dean had just let him be. Let him die. It would be so much simpler. He shook his head. It didn’t make sense. Someone had to have been saved.

“More people would’ve died, Sam.” Dean cut into his thoughts. “We did everything we could.”

“Doesn’t feel like it.”

“Never does.”"

Love this nod to the boy's feelings, and the ability to read each other. They can just never catch a break!

And now they're off to the Morton House. Nice transition!

Thanks for sharing!

:D

Caroline
sendintheclowns chapter 7 . 8/15/2008
I'm sad that the story has wrapped up but you sure tied it up with a bang! I like the brother to brother conversation - not too drippy but with enough emotion to make it satisfying.

Poor Emily. She finally got her act together enough to help save Sam and Dean and then she offed herself. I don't think any character is safe when you're writing. Keeps us one our toes :)

I'm not happy that you're taking a break from writing but I understand and you've certainly earned it. I hope you come back from the convention, refreshed and eager to share new fic with us.
107 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »