Reviews for Villisca
rosebud98 chapter 6 . 8/13/2008
God, she's evil. Loved Suite Judy Blue Eyes. Love that song. Liked that you brought it over here, too.

Oh... what's going to happen? Hope you didn't kill Sam. You kill everybody, I wouldn't put it past you.

Last chapter next! Sad to see it go!
Elesem chapter 6 . 8/13/2008
What a cliffie! I thought for a second there you might just leave Sam dead. Here in fan fiction land we can kill the guys off if we want to, I guess. Lord knows they've done it enough times in the show. You're not are you? Gonna leave him dead I mean. (whimper) :} Nice chapter.
leahcim chapter 6 . 8/13/2008
Ah, Dean is possessed! Damn Amanda. I thought the would kill her off in this chapter, but no, she had to go and pull more mayhem.

Okay, I actually know the song Iko Iko and you made it work well here and made her so creepy to picture. Liked the quick changes of the lyrics.

Liked the stuff with Dean before the possession and like how he is in a fog after the possession.

One more chapter? Looking forward to how you tie it all up!
gidgetgal9 chapter 6 . 8/12/2008
Amy, you kept me up late! I got in from the gym, checked my email and couldn't resist reading this chapter tonight! I'm glad I did- so intense but the way you ended it...talk about a cliff hanger! You just have to make up to your readers by posting again soon! :0)

Claudia
PsychicWonderKitty chapter 5 . 8/12/2008
So, as I said, had to leave a seperate review for this one cuz A) I'd gone on long enough in the previous one, and B) I LOVED this chapter so much! Even with how it fit with what we know about the spirit's MO, I still didn't see Amanda's big freeze-out coming, thought there was gonna be some tossing and throwing and other such physical violence, but kudos, cuz the method used turned out to be much more, well uh, chilling. LOL. It was really scary how fast it incapacitated Sam as opposed to a still-standing Dean, and one could bring natural reasons into it - maybe Sam has a lower cold-tolerance level, maybe it's b/c Sam's skinnier than Dean - but seems to me it's all SUPERnatural...I think that's just how Amanda wanted it to go. That she wanted Dean to watch Sam die b/c Dean killed her lover (I'm of course, totally down with that plotline, LOL) In Sam's flashbacks, I feel bad for the girl, the innocent victim, Amanda once was, but it's pretty clear that as a spirit she's wicked to the core!

Your overall pacing of this scene was brilliant...Dean holding on, but having to watch Sam fading fast, Sam stuttering and slurring as opposed to Dean's steady speech. The way he was holding his little bro so close, enfolding Sam in his coat and keeping him near as possible...it was obvious from Dean's words, thoughts, and actions that body heat was only part of the reason for doing so. Awesome job with the dialogue and imagery of this moment, it was bringing me to tears. I like how you brought the dicussion of the original axe murders into play, with Sam's vision of the father's sad and lost spirit, and how that led him into confessing what happened with Amanda all those years ago. Such powerful big brother moments with Dean assuring Sam that it wasn't his fault followed by his sudden realization that he was the only one talking, his launching into trying to comfort Sam and help him hold on any way he could, singing, joking, but ultimately saying what was right on his heart with the "I believe in you, Sam" statement.

And like I said, the imagery...wow. Just your description of Sam's face greying and his lips bluing, his lashes blinking slowly while those eyes that were unmistakably Sam stared up at Dean, Dean's chest hitching and chin trembling as he sang softly to Sam, with Sam trying his best to sing along...and the song being so fitting to the scenario. The glazing over of Sam's eyes, the tears in Dean's, finally spilling over after Sam's seemingly final words. "Be...o-okay?" Yeah, that line just about broke me...that's a 'letting go' phrase if I ever heard one, and a heartwrenching one at that. And then Dean's thoughts - how Sam had never given in, how he'd rescued himself - just made it all the more so as he took in his brother's still features and kept checking for signs of life...as he waited for that miracle. All beautifully done.

But last but not least, OMG, enter Amanda...the smiling, the satisfied smirk, and if I didn't think she was evil before, THIS sealed it: "“Jerk,” she quipped back." Holy freaking crap, I kid you not, my jaw just dropped when she said that, that was like the ULTIMATE teasing shot to the heart that could possibly be thrown at Dean - it's malicious teasing, mocking that Sam's gonna die and that Dean will never hear that automatic, uniquely sentimental response of the 'bitch-jerk' exchange from his little bro's lips ever again, while simultaneously desecrating the brotherly sacredness of it - and it cements Amanda as a brilliantly nasty villainess in my book! And Dean's instant lunge for her throat was just the response I'd expect him to have, cuz I'm sure that surge of rage and devasation was white-hot and he'd have liked nothing better than to rip out her vocal cords after daring to say that. Followed by his horrified reaction that she was trying to seperate him from an unconscious Sam, his desperation to get back to him, and the twistedly cruel way Amanda releases him from her hold after toying with him so he can have that one last look at and moment of contact with his dying baby brother. Genius hero-villain interaction and absolutely excellent chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next...and just what has ignited within Sam!
PsychicWonderKitty chapter 4 . 8/12/2008
Wow, Blair, ya know if this was a book I wouldn't be able to put it down...the suspense in this one is incredible! To add to my enjoyment of the story, I did dig out that videotape that has the show with that little segment about the Villisca murders on it, so every time I read now, I can REALLY picture the house, and like I said, what a creepy house it is! LOL. But I love the progression of this story, from the minute the boys get in that house for the second time, you can cut the tension in the air with a knife! Dean's fears are so resonant, his NEED to have Sam within arm's reach at ALL times for fear of what lies in wait...and what an awesome twist on just what that was!

I was suspecting Emily still, and it looked like I was gonna be right, but the revelation that it was Amanda's spirit behind it all was a major facepalm moment...should've figured it out! LOL. And wow, since Amanda's MY real name, I kinda feel like I'm in the story, LOL...too bad I'm dead! But at least I did get to have my way with Sam for a moment there...LOL! In all seriousness though, the possession attempts on Sam were SO CREEPY. The spirits were so freakily intimate with all the touching and caressing they did of Sam, they pretty much violated his body even without the possession part! And the way their fingers, tongues, whatever they were running over Sam's skin, actually BROKE the skin and made him bleed was just an added bout of shivers to some already very chilling scenarios.

Speaking of possessions though, dang, poor Omaha...he was great comic relief until Brady literally shed his skin...I think that was about the most uniquely nasty death I've ever read. *shudders* But even though his body was pretty much deflated, it still made sense that Dean could only flash back to Sam having been the one lying dead when he looked at it. And Sammy, poor kid, so sad how in his typical way, he blames himself for everything - Amanda, Emily and her daughter, Omaha, the list is endless. Hooray for him for resisting Brady though so his big bro could un-even the odds! Then, I can't explain it, but the fact that the boys went up those stairs, those CREEPY stairs, and went into one of the murder bedrooms, all piled on top of Dean's increasing apprehension...well, THAT just set the perfect mood for the cliffhanger.

Now, gonna leave a seperate review for Chapter 5...and it may just be as long as this one! LOL. Oh, and couldn't forget - "Each knew the others strength and their weakness. Of course, the answer was the same to each question. But that was just semantics." Heehee, I LOVED it! Thanks for the homage! ;-)
carocali chapter 5 . 8/11/2008
What a touching moment. These poor boys are so tortured, but, in the end, they always have each other.

So, it looks like Amanda finally got the revenge she wanted on Sam from a childhood accident. Just as it seems everything is over, something happens. Perhaps it's the overwhelming need to protect Dean - even from the grave - that kicks something inside of Sam...

More please!
mycherrypie chapter 5 . 8/11/2008
Great last line! I'm excited to see what happens next.

Really beautiful chapter.

Loved 'a young Skywalker fading fast' and Loved 'Sam believed in miracles and Dean believed in Sam.'

Loved it.
sendintheclowns chapter 5 . 8/10/2008
Wow. Wonderful chapter. It's hard to write action when characters are confined like that but you certainly pull it off - plenty of tension and angst.

And then Sam's powers seem to come out and play. Love it!
sendintheclowns chapter 4 . 8/10/2008
So I tell you I like Omaha and what do you do? Argh! But the descriptions were excellent. You know, in a gross, creepy way :)
ROBINV chapter 5 . 8/10/2008
YES YES YES! Sam's still alive! Loving this story so much, but you were breaking my heart to pieces with this chapter, Dean losing the one thing he loves most in the world-SAM! Love, Robin
rosebud98 chapter 5 . 8/10/2008
Okay, I think I'm still crying over that.

Loved the flashback.

Loved that song.

Loved that paragraph "And it was hard. Not being able to say what you wanted,too stubborn to let it go..." The whole paragraph was total WOW!

And then when Dean called Amanda a bitch and she called him a jerk and he lunged for her throat.

Loved the last line. Oh...
leahcim chapter 5 . 8/10/2008
Ouch.

Like the Hot Blooded from Foreigner and the Star Wars tie in.

That was really wrenching.

Good job.
Elesem chapter 5 . 8/10/2008
Wow, this is your best chapter so far. And I mean including your other stories. You're getting more concise and clear. Getting even better at showing us what's going on with a gesture or grimace rather than explaining how the guys are feeling. You built up the cold and the desperation nicely. The boys sharing the songs was lovely.

I loved that last moment with Dean realizing Sam was warming up. Nice job! :D
gidgetgal9 chapter 5 . 8/10/2008
Amy, you out did yourself on this chapter- it was so intense. I felt trapped in the room right along with them.

Such great brotherly moments- and I loved the Star Wars discussion!

Amanda is one creepy villain and I can't wait to see the boys take her down! :0) Claudia
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »