Reviews for The Newest Professor
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
A great story. Very well written.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
It would have been nice if Dumbledore had cared this much. Or remembered that Snape had been abused _right there at school_, under Dumbledore's own nose while he looked the other way to let his favorites have fun.

But then, Albus always thought the Shrieking Shack was a 'prank'.

Besides, this way Snape won't come looking for any emotional support, which Albus doesn't want to give.

"You digust me". And interesting talk about Snape's soul, given that in DH he didn't actually give a damn.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Pity that book 7 Dumbledore probably wouldn't have reacted like this - I liked the old idea of them having a mentoring relationship, such as you have it here, much better.

I liked how your Dumbledore told Snape that he trusts him with all the lives of people residing in the castle, except of his own. Yes, I think that rather suiting, especially so short after Lily's death.

Thank for sharing.
stina chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
so sad... even if he managed to make a new impression on the students, he didn't get forgivness or companionship from anyone. thank you for writing!
arwenbella chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Woot! That's great. Though I don't see Prof. Dumbledore as calling him "son." It made me more aware of the text, but overall quite good.
Lady MR1 chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Yup that would be one way to become bitter. Sanctuary turned prison, savior turned master... Well portrayed.
duj chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I can't see canonDumbledore actually bothering to help Snape adjust to the job, or saying such nice things to him.