Reviews for The Sweetest Thing
sweelan13 chapter 1 . 6/6/2020
Wonderful explicit story, I wished there is an animation on this
unknown chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
Hot
ILoveKuramaTooMuch chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
There is not much of good stories to this amazing pairing. I really find myself excied by this one and possibly even more on your intention of making more grom this oneshot. It was lovely, feelings and all. So make another one, pretty please?
Hotohori lover1995 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
OMFG! You don't know how much i love you right know! You are the only one who wrote any kind of Hotohori/Miaka love story. PLEASE add on more; and PLEASE let them marry and have many kids. You are the best.
season's call chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
I'm feling myself...let's say turned one?

It felt good to read.
TearfullPixie chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
love it
LilyGirl1o1 chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Yummy, hot, and so sweet!
Myzteree chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
WHAT A FIC..!

So sweet..!
Chibi Bee-Chan chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Aww~ Sweet and delicous 8D

-The Epic Writer
Lavender Leo chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Whoo! Steamy romance, in-character and well-written. Definitely going onto my Favorites list! *applause*
Lady Asako chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Aww! So sweet and wonderful
PenguinsHockey14 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Please do a sequal!
Maidens of Konan chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
*grins and shows her ID card*

Thought I should prove that I'm plenty old enough to read and review this very sensual and steamy one shot. :D

I like to see you stretching your wings (no Suzaku pun intended) in writing about the different seishi. Hotohori's feelings for Miaka are very much in character, and I thought you did an especially good job in setting a sweet and tender mood for this coupling. I especially liked the line 'they became one mind, one body, one soul...one complete being.' That was a very lovely and romantic way to set up the expression of their love.

Also liked the exchange of glances...it speaks of another story in the making while bringing this one to a close. _~

As always, I have a bit of concrit to offer. *slaps on beta cap* Here goes!

You did an excellent job in setting the mood, but there was one issue that kept distracting/keeping me from becoming totally absorbed in the moment...and that was the question of Miaka's status as a miko. My assumption in reading was that this scene is occuring inthe context of the original story. That means it wouldn't have just been a matter of Hotohori controlling his 'baser instincts', but also of him knowing that Miaka had to stay a virgin in order to summon Suzaku. As Emperor, he feels a keen responsibility to protect his people, and that fact would definitely affect his decision making regarding becoming intimate with her.

To that end, my suggestion would be to put something in the narrative that will answer a FY fan's question as to why he and Miaka would be ignoring that rule. (One example: perhaps this is happening when Suzaku has been sealed away by Yui and they all are about to go to war?) I know this probably seems pretty nitpicky, but for me it's always been a crucial/essential point in establishing the credibility of any non canon pairing in a story of any length.

*doffs beta cap*

This is only my opinion, offered for whatever it might be worth to you. Heck, you know I'm not a stickler for canon. P lol Alternate Reality is a favorite genre, so I'm quite happy to picture this in that pov...

I'm very pleased to see that you're writing as much as you are; imho, nothing hones a writer's skills better than experience, practice and friendly concrit! *grin* In any case, thank you for sharing your creativite talents. I'm looking forward to reading your TasMia story...:D

Every good wish,

Lynne (aka KittyLynne and MOK on this site _~)