Reviews for What Brothers Are For
Guest chapter 5 . 7/3/2012
I know this story was written years ago, but still...
This story really tugs at my heart. I love Gordon and Virgil, and having them as a brotherly centre to a story always makes my day. You wrote them so well and if this was in book form, it would be as dog eared as Alan's comics.
The detail given is great, you can really imagine everything that's happening. I hope to get to read more from you.
Fran L chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
Aw, what a sweet tale :) Virgil doesn't get bashed enough, so it's always nice to see him be a bit heroic. And I'd love to read more Virg/Gord fics, they have more in common than it seems at first.

Another great job, nice spinning of action, angst and comfort. I notice you posted these stories a while ago, but I hope that doesn't mean that you're done writing Thunderbirds. More please!
tiylaya chapter 5 . 10/10/2008
Many thanks for a sweet story. I loved the way Gordon and Virgil reacted to the situation - it felt very true to life.
JulesDPM chapter 5 . 8/31/2008
A good story. It had me on the edge of my seat with the flight. I also liked the way you showed that the effects of a rescue don't end when the 'birds are landed and injuries are mending.

Also, the little writing touches were great like Gordon calling TB2 a "green colander"! All in all, great stuff.
ms. imagine chapter 5 . 8/18/2008
Nice! We get a rescue, action, beat up ships, a near death experience and complicated brotherly bonding all in five chapters. You are hereby dubbed a noblewoman of the kingdom of angst.

You did an excellent job describing the danger of the flight home, and that landing! I was so tense reading it. And when Virgil heard the piano music...talk about freaking out. I thought he was a goner for sure.

It was nice to see Virgil and Gordon working together. Gordon's apprehension at being the guy to help Virgil get them home was great to read.

Keep up the good work :)
quiller chapter 5 . 8/9/2008
Could you post a warning next time if we're going to need Prozac to read one of your stories;-)? I was on the edge of my seat with this one, especially when they were coming in to land.

And then you continued by showing us how both Virgil and Gordon had to deal with the incident. Great stuff!

Now, what else can we peel off your hard drive?
mcj chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Eriphi,

I am glad you posted this story for everyone to enjoy. It is a very unique story in the wonderful way you show not only the relationship between the two main characters (Virgil and Gordon) but also how you inconspiculously demonstrate how close the rest of the family are (eg Alan not arguing showed us just how life and death the situation was).

I enjoyed the storyline very much. It was very believable and written straight to the point. That is exactly what this type of story needs.

Congratulations.

Yours in writing.

mcj
lissysue85 chapter 5 . 8/6/2008
Ah what a good ending but naughty Virgil for leaving the sick bay. The chat between him and Gordy was really sweet.
minstrelsy chapter 5 . 8/6/2008
Another great story. I enjoyed the Virgil-Gordon connection.

And yes, only Gordon could pull off the "sky is orange" bit. :-)
UltimateOptimist chapter 5 . 8/6/2008
Aww that was really good - nice ending. Hope you write more thunderbirds fic soon
JoTracy123 chapter 4 . 8/5/2008
this is really good trust Virgil to ask about Tb2 and Gordon before thinking about himseft. i was waiting on that coming up update soon.i can't wait to see Scott get into touble with Virgil over TB2 lol update soon
lissysue85 chapter 4 . 8/5/2008
Yay Virgil is awake but poor Gordy. He seems to be blaming himself for what happened. Great couple of chapters short but sweet.
UltimateOptimist chapter 4 . 8/5/2008
phew im glad virgils awake and ok... poor gordon though he seems really shaken (quite rightly) fab stuff!
UltimateOptimist chapter 2 . 8/5/2008
Oh no! I hope virgil's ok and poor gordy, bless him. this is brill!
lissysue85 chapter 2 . 8/4/2008
Poor Gordy. Virgil better not die. Great first couple of chapters and really action packed. Please update soon