Reviews for Blacker than Midnight
Scarlet Firesong chapter 1 . 4/15
Must...not...bawl...AHAAAAAAAA *hic* AAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA

Okay. In *hic* think I've ... stopped. OH GOD, THE FEELS
KM Seward chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
GRAAAHHHHHHH THIS IS SO FREAKING BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN! I love it. I really, REALLY love it. This was perfect. Well done. Seriously, well done.
The Buzz chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Great! I think you've really captured the Doctor well in this piece, and I wish we could have seen this sort of scene in the show (though I suppose introspection only works so well on camera...). Thanks for sharing.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Awesome story!
KsandraMallan chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
You've found exactly what bothered me about Midnight, too. That gap between the rescue and their return. I -loved- the way you looked into the Doctor's mind and brought those fears to light... what more can I say? Your images are powerful and your writing style is clear, coherent, and concise. Beautiful piece of work. Absolutely beautiful.
firebreathingfishies chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Oh this is just fantastic. Good insight to a bloody chilling episode. Well done :D
Queen of Pi chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
The poor, traumatized Doctor.
Titanic-fanatic chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Absolutely fantastic.

You captured the Doctor's thoughts and feelings without making them sound repetitive. You also kept me engaged throughout which is really hard to do for a reader.

Please write more stories like this :)

x
lightsabermaster chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Wow.

"Midnight" was absolutely terrifying through and through, and I didn't quite realize why until I read this. As I read I could feel the horror creeping back, and I know exactly how he feels. Wonderful work.

All the best,

-LM
SilverWolf7 chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
*blinks* Wow, I see my name. That's...odd. But, thanks. Glad I gave you inspiration to write your own Midnight fic.

Dark, real and totally heartbreaking, this is. I love it. Because Midnight did change him. I think most people push away that, since in the next episode (in the few scenes we see him) he's acting like himself again.

Sometimes I wonder how much time actually passes between episodes. And now that I think of it...I might have to tie in Turn Left into Help!, well excluding the part at the end involving Bad Wolf.

As to Midnight stories, I also wrote, before starting on Help! (and it started off as a sequel to that actually, well, this version anyway) "Finding the Truth", if you haven't yet read that.

My take on what happened when the Doctor got back to Donna.
CosmicalMadison chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
This is great. You've done the Doctor's voice and emotions very well, and this is just the perfect scene that was missing from the episode.

I hate to promote myself in reviews, but I've get a story called Learn to Be Weak that's kind of like this that you might want to check out.
lyin chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
ooh, wonderful- this episode needed that extra exploration. you worked out what the Doctor's voice means to him wonderfully. the 'if's' in particular are wonderfully done, and the 'why did it have to take?'- exactly the sort of question the Doctor would ask. and 'Donna understands the secret Time Lord codes now' was probably my favorite line- great job, good luck and keep writing!