Reviews for Magical History of the United States
Guest chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
good story
Bushwah chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Huh. This is certainly an excellent reinterpretation of events!
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Like, Like, Like, Like, Like... Darn it, I am too used to "Like" buttons on other sites...

Anyway, I like the magical history of America you have set out here. It seems to fit very well, and I have to say the continued tension between America's Magi and the British Witches and Wizards makes sense (the British ministry of magic is far too messed up...) I love the idea that the magical and mundane governments work so closely together... Makes me proud of America (even if it isn't real.)

It is hilarious that the British went and called Benjamin Franklin a Dark Wizard and went on calling him that for so long despite all he did to improve things. Also, that four of the Muggle signers of the Declaration of Independence got named Dark Lords made me laugh out loud.

Well written. Great read.
Klingsor the great chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I am actually planning on writing a fanfic, like a history of the wizarding world, but also interspersed with Muggle history where applicable.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
seems like the background to an interesting fic. I wonder if there's anything more in development
Gabo 1602 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
"His tenor was also responsible for..." The word is "tenure".
Sweet Kagamine Kiss chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Yeah... this story helps me sometimes if I ever write HP fics with a magical America quality (although I don't directly make copy pastes). But, some of my stories with a magical America, the backgrounds are different now and then but the few same titles are the Mundane President and Vice President, the wizarding world of America have their own.

... If this was used as a full basis for a true American Wizarding World in the 90s of Harry's timeline... it would be one heck of an interesting story if you do such a thing.
Animus of Masada chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Haha, nice. I really liked your style. Especially near the end, where the insanity of the British system is pointed out.
Alice chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
This is really good. You must have spent a lot of time on this with all of the information. I do think you should have mentioned magical ties to the industrial revolution as well as wizards mixing magic with technology. Still this was very good.
Goldenfightergirl chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
you have got to update this man! its so freaking awesome go USA! lol
SageofAges729 chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
This. Is. Freaking. Awesome. I've ALWAYS wondered about the US in the world of Harry Potter, and here is an interesting explanation. I loved it when you mentioned that Ben Frank was actually a Wizard (or Magi as you put it). The issues with the Magical American and British goverments do make sense, even if it is kind of a bummer. All in all, probably one of the most interesting history lessons I've had. I wish they could teach this kind of stuff at school...
griffenvamp chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
keep going with this you got great idea and i woud love to see how it works out keep up work.
That Guy chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Dude, this has so much potential so please continue it. Do not let it be a oneshot.
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Interesting twist on history. Sounds like you've got the setting for an intriguing story here, if you choose to use it. I'd definitely read it!
JustWriter2 chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Oh, that so makes me wish that Harry and the others had the chance to be American Magi, especially Hermione. She had SO MUCH potential.

Nice theory,