Reviews for Magical History of the United States
JustWriter2 chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Oh, that so makes me wish that Harry and the others had the chance to be American Magi, especially Hermione. She had SO MUCH potential.

Nice theory,

-jwchan -
Drifter950 chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
A number of fanfic authors have offered the supposition that there are powerful spells surrounding the UK, installed by its magical government, that limit the interaction of local Magi both in going to schools outside, but also the importation of any more advanced equipment, electronics (those that work around magic), and new magics .

I think this to be more believable than the entire population of the UK being strong in isolationism, when so many fled the UK during the terrorist activities of Moldy-shorts. I think this also applies to those that are leaving the UK because of its elitist attitudes ("squibs to muggleborn to even the second children of pureblood families")up to, and including present day.

In any case, thank you for a well thought out presentation. If you decide to expand it to a full story line, I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

May the MUSES always be with you!

-_
Vilkath chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I really like this idea and it's some great background history of the magical world outside of england. I do have say things like Dumbledore's defeat of Gridenwald were supsicious considering his views on killing people. I can't see Dumbledore leading a group of people to assult his base, and then he captured greatest dark wizard in history who also threatend statue of secrecy using muggles to fight his war.

How he avoided a death sentence, not mention the dementors of azkaban is a great question most won't ask when lesser criminals thrown into the place on pathetic charges.

I do hope this fic continues into something. Be a shame build up such a great history and not use it.
Lael Harrington chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Interesting idea, shows a side of the HP magical world that we never do get to see in the books, and is nicely blank slate.

One problem that I saw is at the end of the Civil War section, you wrote "They have not passed till this day." I am pretty sure you meant "to this day." Kind of gives the wrong idea as is. Hope this is the start of a new story, but even as is it is a good read. Keep up the good work!

A Lurker who has Broken the Silence.
MattCauthon1 chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
The only thing that I found was the lack of Techno-Magic. I figured that if anywhere, America would be a fertile ground for it. With technological advancement, some Magi would get curious and try to combine the two.

just $0.02
enderverse chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
nice. I always like to think that the whole world isn't as stupid as magical Britain. who managed to get overtaken by a small terrorist group
NamelessHeretic chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
This was a unique and enjoyable read. I hope that you'll continue with this idea.
RockBane chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Love it! You make it sound as if its an essay for some history class. Two thumbs up in my books!
Van the Rogue Soul Drinker chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Cool an excellent piece of work, it was very insightful and is very plausible to the history of the USA in the magic world and the dispute between the US and Britan. to be honest I'd like to see how you could use this in a story anyway great job.
Nim Maj chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
An interesting and plausible explanation. I like!
Adeptis chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Great story
Kinoshita Kristanite chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Very intriguing. I definitely love the idea.

"Magical species thrive in America, everything from Dragon preserves in West Virginia, Montana, and Oregon, to Veela communities near New Orleans, Las Angeles, and Miami. Magical species also have more rights and have fairer treatment than in many places in the world. Dark creature registration does occur, but the records are kept classified, and it is only to ensure that those that require special potions on a periodic basis do get them, as well as safe houses to undergo the rougher times."

It would be fun to play around with these magical communities, wouldn't it? I'd actually like to mess with your entire 'Present' section... with permission and proper accreditation, of course. Great location choices for the Veela, by the way. Fitting. Especially with me being as obsessed with Burn Notice as I have been this summer... gaddam plunnies... Fi would make a good Veela, though... Rgh.
Blackdex chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Is this a oneshot or an introduction? ciao
OwlofNight chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
i like it innortal :)
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
That was quite an interesting read. THe magical side of events int he muddle world: FDR being cursed crippeld ainstead of polio. Nice.

The section about the first magical school in America being in Salem is probably my favorite part.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »