Reviews for Magical History of the United States
Dragon Man 180 chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Very nice history lesson, a good read!
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Interesting story, is this going to be a crossover of some type?

Also, when might you update "No Need for Destiny"?
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Very interesting, and will be curious as to what all might go down since it appearsa America and British wizardy are not very happy with each other now.
dennisud chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Well, will this be a Harry Potter stry where we have a wizarding War between the American & british Wizards? and even better have the Brits sans harry and his cohorts be the instigators due to their antiquated views and lack of freedoms to witches and other sentient magical species.

If so let harry have hermione and Luna as his significants and have him go after all the prejudices of the british Wizarding community!

Have fun!

DarkJackel chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
An interesting history. Well done indeed. I would wonder about Magi involvement in the war for independence in Texas, the Spanish/American War, World War I and the Mexician/American War but other than that a fine job. It makes sense the Brit Magi would never want to admit that those with the get up and go left them along time ago.

I can only hope that this study on the American Magical Tradition, which (rightly so) seems a melting pot of various traditions, will be used in a later work. I'd love to hear about some Americian wizards and see how they stack up against the British.

Sdarian chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I'm kind of wondering what the point of this was. While I can see this as being somewhat useful background information for use in the rest/later portions of the story, I have seen no evidence of there being anything else connected to this. Oh well. Whatever.
ivan the terrable chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
to be honest i am getting very tired of super good and evrything else america. i yet to see even one non-super america, its ignored or some how becomes super every thing.
Third guy from the left chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I will be interested to see where this goes. I hope to see more soon.

Also the last sentence in the first paragraph of the section on the present era is incomplete. It reads "Many Magi have positions within" and ends there without so much as a token punctuation mark.
Rubel chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Cool well thought out. I like the world development you are doing here. Going to use this for any other fics?
dragon-cloud16 chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
A good story and I can see this being used in a history lesson for a story of Harry being raised in Magi America. The USA I can see developing magic more, to the point of having classes for people that can become skilled in wandless magic and cast spells like Negi Springfield or Lina Inverse. Although a little kid should not have access to the Dragon Slave, except for the die hard anime fans. And some could in theory develop magic that works with martial arts like the Adepts in Shadowrun.
Miriani chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I rather like this view on history. And it would explain a lot of things.
41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3