Reviews for Bitter Lies
not logged in chapter 67 . 6/15
You just had take me cry I can't even see my keys. But love it thought I have to say as soon as we found he he got pregnant I was like it tonight shapes going to Kill him and not know about his baby until after they are born.
felicia.poole.10 chapter 5 . 6/8
I would like to point out that although rape is very sensitive issue in this story, I don't remember Harry saying no or stop if anything servus stopped .And in chapter 5 when Snape apologize for said rape Harry clearly states he wanted
lifelovelaugh chapter 67 . 2/24
Fuck that was beautiful! 3 i loved it sooo much, your an amazing writer
cute, such as sweet ending
Loved this story
Tirith works chapter 1 . 1/2
As much as I dislike being mean, I feel I should say this - I (in some ways) agree with the appalled reviewer bellow. I wish someone would invent a squick-genre tag for this type of thing, so people could easier avoid it. Alas, you are still better than most, giving a warning at all, though probably not consciously. I do NOT have a problem reading about rape (granted, it DOES require appropriate warnings). I heed noncon tags when I don't feel like stomaching it. I DO, however, have a problem with "justified" rape, or (GeezusEffingC) "fluffy" rape. I find it so offensive, in fact, that if I stumble across such a scene unexpectedly and by accident, I very gladly tear authors to shreds over it.
Certainly, people may write whatever they wish. But not even understanding most people's sheer disgust with such portrayals is... hm, APPALLING.
So, thank you for your warning. However, since it was a very much unintended warning, I felt I should comment. Your warning on this fic should not be "rape". Go with something along the lines of nice!rapists, or fluffy!rape etc. Believe me, the difference is enormous and the number of flames and negative comments you receive will plummet drastically.
Thank you if you read the entirety of this comment, and I hope you'll consider the above. I'm terribly sorry for being so blunt, too, but when I tiptoe around the issue, people just don't seem to understand how revolting some of us find the very concept and disregard concerns entirely.
Kuma Riddle xD chapter 67 . 7/19/2015
Amazing story.

Its funny , intresting, tolerable drama and romantic- just perfect.
A bit of everything.

Great read.
Bella chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
This story was recommended somewhere else so I came here to read it. After reading the first paragraph I refuse to read any further.

Do you have any idea how utterly offensive it is to say "there's a rape scene, but please read it because they both enjoy it" is?

When is the last time you were raped and enjoyed it?

Add in the fact that the VICTIM is only 14 and you're just plain disgusting to even suggest that he would enjoy it!

I will be sending negative comments, warning readers away from this piece of trash, to every group I belong to.

Shame on you!
Sophie chapter 67 . 6/18/2015
Thx a lot for the story. It is one of the most fascinating ones I've ever heard, don't give up writing! Love your story
Arcangelos chapter 67 . 3/27/2015
THIS STORY,
The feels I'm crying.
but pedophilia? HUH? ...not quiet.
Kisaki Sakura chapter 67 . 3/18/2015
Well there certainly were points I cringed inwardly.

First: There were some missspellings. (not that I am better), but in a story it doesn't leave the best impression. Beside that your styl was fairly well.

Second: The whole beginning of the relationship! Harry was 14! Shame on you. I know it was in the Warnings but still. Please never never leave the impression that rape is forgivable. It isn't. It destroies lives, it leaves so much fear and pain behind. Never do such a thing!

Hitting the 30th chapter, the story got better, easier to read. Well one of my main issus disappeared, as Harry got older.
Inukyou chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
An interesting beginning to a chapter, perhaps the reason behind Harry's behavior can be explained next chapter. Keep up the good work!
ladyofsilverdawn chapter 67 . 3/6/2015
Awesome story! Thank you for taking the time to write it.
Not Jeff chapter 2 . 12/21/2014
Rape means no trust. No trust means no healthy relationship. I'm very, very sorry, but Snape and Harry in a relationship together in this fic would be the result of Harry being severely traumatized, and interpreting the natural reaction of the human body as some form of consent. He did not choose to be with Snape, Snape forced himself on Harry both brutally and out of nowhere. There is no relationship here, just a man abusing a young boy.
veldraphone chapter 65 . 11/4/2014
i have never laughed this much. Ron's little epiphany cracked me up for days! haha