Reviews for Before I Fade Away
AirJuvy chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I always thought of Sideswipe as the mischievous, exasperating prankster of the twins, but you've also shown him as the ray of buoyancy that's keeping their sanity from withering away in the dark pit of their sparks. It's a side of him that I've now come to appreciate, as I can't even begin to imagine the torment of both twins losing hope for themselves when the agony of one is already tearing them apart.*shudder*
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I love the bond between the two. Just Sideswipe getting ravely injured turns Sunstreaker into a violent monster bent on revenge. Awesome!
Move-2-da-beat-femme chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
OMG, that's sooo touching and sad! :( I'm crying! :'(
Incognito Llama chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Soooooooooo sad! But the end was slightly happy...Love! I loved the "first" oneshot also!
ProwlHawthorne chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I love this!
Farky-fark and the Munky Bunch chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
That was sad. :( But good. It makes me so depressed to see what Sunny turned in to. It seemed like only vorns ago that he was the cute little innocent bot with the brown frame. Now he's all grown up and I can't say that I like how he's changed. Hopefully this situation will make him rethink his life a little. He needs that.
StarscreamII chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
This makes me indescribably sad. That's all I have to say.

No one should be so affected by pain that they turn into...this.
luinrina chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
This is so beautiful.

I considered Sunstreaker to be the colder of the brothers, especially after reading "What's it feel like to be a Ghost?" But with this one-shot you've shown how very much Sunny depends on Sideswipe and that he can actually show his love and dependence. There's so much depth to the killer-surface he shows in the arena, and it's all Sideswipe holding him together. I suppose only a very few selected 'bots are privy to this other, soft-sparked Sunstreaker. In a sense I'm glad that it was Sides that needed Sunny this time, if only to have Sunstreaker realize how much he relies on his brother to be there for him. If anything, it only served to strengthen their bond even more. I doubt anyone ever tested what would happen to the other if a twin were to be extinguished, but knowing that their sparks were originally only one, I believe no one will ever attempt such a monstrosity (except Shockwave, but he doesn't count), simply feeling that if you kill one twin, the other will perish just as well. Due to the bond they share it's therefore only natural that they hold onto each other as strongly as possible, thus feeling even more affected than "normal" siblings would if one were to go down, no matter if it's "only" an injury. Those emotions and the strength of the bond came through very clearly, at the end especially. I loved seeing that as it gave a unique insight into the dynamics of the twins.
T420000 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Aw this was touching and well written
sierpinsky chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Guh... I cried at the end... *sniff* But what struck me about this piece is that it's written... Sincerely and honestly, I think. It's raw, vivid and alive, and I can really feel what Sunny is feeling. Well done. :)
Pikaseel chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
This made me cry :C

But it was still a sweet ending!
animelover1993 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
This was so sad!

I've just recently gotten into the Transformers fandom and I'm itching to watch the old cartoons along with the movies and following series...

But did Sunstreaker... was he really a gladiator? *sparkly anime eyes*

So lame I know, but reading your fics and a few from some other authors I've been completely sucked in and I definitely don't want out.

This really was beautiful though and it goes beautifully with Side's half.
1bloodtempest chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
The bond between twins is never really fully appreciated until something happens to another. I can most certainly understand Sunstreaker’s urge to protect his brother; as an older sister myself, I know the feeling, even though I know very well that my younger sister can protect herself, even without my help. And yet I feel the urge to protect her against anything. Out of curiosity, in your WE universe, who can be considered the “older” brother, Sunstreaker or Sideswipe?

Fear for the life of a beloved sibling is difficult to admit for anyone, but its psychological effects are clearly shown here on Sunstreaker. It terrifies me that he could forget about his identity when he’s in a match; is the call to spill energon so much stronger than his need to stay rooted in reality with his brother? And why couldn’t he feel Sideswipe’s pain at seeing and feeling the void in Sunstreaker’s spark in “What’s It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?”

“”I won’t let you fade away,” he whispered hoarsely. “Not when I just got you back.”” Sideswipe’s promise to his brother is a promise of renewing their bond as brothers. As twins. (As the Twins. :D) It’s a good promise to make, and one most definitely worth to keep, for both of them.

~Tempest

Happy Halloween!

~~Trick or TREAT~~
Eerie Iri chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
This made me cry, but in a good way.
Faecat chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
All I can say is...very nice. I love the absolute DIFFERENCE you put into the twins. So often I see them written they are essentially the same mech just different bodies. Wonderful job.