Reviews for Firsts and Lasts
BrinkleyTown chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Oh god I love this. It's supremely beautiful.
Kimmimaru chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Painfully sad! Oh...wow...amazing. Handled with care and delicacy, brilliant!

XXKimmimaruXX
infinitio umbras in lux lucis chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Wow. This is so sad and moving at the same time. Keep up the good work!
JustDanny chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Fiu. Lovely
LyssaLaughable chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Just gorgeous 3 Absolutely gorgeous.

LyssaLaughable xD
YourDyingLullaby chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
God, no matter how many times I read this my chest constricts and feel like I can't breathe.

You leave me breathless.
bmdohmen chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Once I realized this was going to hurt a little bit, I didn't want to like it. However, you did a wonderful job. I hardly noticed the scab of him dying being ripped off. And I didn't heave at the thought of *her*. So you did good. (Grins)
sbrianson chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
My dear Violet,

After reading this through three times solid, I must confess that I was rendered utterly speechless. It really is not often that I stumble upon a fic which compells me to hit the blue button any more, but I feel that I have to let you know how much I enjoyed "Firsts And Lasts".

I was not expecting to be as impressed with such a small fic as I ultimately was. You took me through romantic joy through to resigned dispair within merely a couple of hundred words, and this proves that the old reassuring bedroom phrase is, in some cases, very true - size doesn't matter, it's what you do with it that counts.

"Firsts And Lasts" is a powerfully emotional fic, rich in feeling, vocabulary and style. My heartiest congratulations to you, Violet, and sincere thanks - for "Firsts And Lasts" was such a sheer delight to read.

Thank you! xx
onlykittens chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Another amazing work of yours. I can't get over how much I love your work, really. Just love it.
MinervaEvenstar chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
WHAT happened was clear enough, but I didn't understand WHEN it was happening. Well, the last few were apparent, however, the first several were obscure. Were they in school, or was it during a summer before they graduated, or had they already graduated and bought a flat together, or...something else? Maybe you intended for it to be ambiguous, but it was definitely frustrating to be confused.
Keelys chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
The way you write is always 'something'.

So worth reading !
We Didn't Start the Fire chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Spare and bittersweet. Says all it needs to without wasting words. I also like the formatting and the "theme and variations" structure.
ttfn.tahtahfornow chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
AWW. Absolutely wonderful story.

"After, in the quiet, pre-dawn light, he didn’t mean to cry, just like he didn’t mean to whisper silly, child-like things – I love you like a fever and I missed you like the sky – into Remus’s skin."

"And then one day he said them, and it hurt like fire. The next time he said them, it hurt a little less. The last time he said them, he even meant them."

GAH. Heart-rending. I love it.

]
Jane Buz-Jane chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
This was...good. I mean, it was good, you know, amazing, but depressing, but I suppose that's just because I'm a fuzzy/yummy scene person. If that makes sense. :)

All in all, well written, I did like it, I promise.

Hearts and cookies,