Reviews for All Seems Beautiful
Tsukimine12 chapter 22 . 2/28
The heck just happened? o.o
This is so fucking intense! I need to know what happens next! D:
Hope you continue it soon!
Jerex chapter 1 . 2/10
i love this story, the most engaging part of reading it, is how in character everyone is, they say random things like in the show, make stupid decisions and mistakes, rather than be ooc perfect, and some scenes i've read i ve actually said to myself it's like reading a novel of an actual episode, that's how good this story is.
Undying Soul98 chapter 22 . 1/28
Well, with this chapter everything goes to the Shit. Gennai's master plan is ruined, the Chosen lost their partners and something-something has happened to Tai. Lets just say this chapter really hits me in the feelz, and it hits HARD. I love the build up to the Wall of Fire, and it feels like all the prior chapters were building up to this point. Sure, we got some badass shit in the form of Sepharimon and Yamato going toe to toe to a Digimon. Tai's naivety was a tad annoying, but I love all the delicious conflict that this chapter has brought on. Maybe we might even figure out what's happening to Tai soon. Maybe.

So yeah- all in all, I really enjoyed reading this fic. Everyone is in character, I love the little moments, and going all out to show Daisuke as gay was pretty neat- you handled it really well. Honestly, this has been a fic eight years in the making. And it shows. Its well thought out and well planned. Yet, it feels we're no closer to conclusion. Will we ever see the end of this? Maybe in another eight years, if you're still doing fanfiction then. Either way, you have one person looking forwards to what is still to come. It might take a while, and I might prefer more frequent updates, but as long as this doesn't become 'Garden of Babylon' I think I can live with it. Good luck with the next chapter (Its been like six months since the last update- me's hoping that when analysing time this fic has been up against number of chapters that you get like two chapters out a year, so here's hoping that the next one is due soonish ;) ). Good luck- Undying Soul out.
ToastyToaster22 chapter 22 . 12/28/2016
Well SHIT. Up till this point I was very much on Yamato's side. gennai was being shady and unhelpful as f**k, Taichi seemed to be giving up way too easily, and I totally thought Yamato was going to be the hero. I've been officially thrown for a loop.

On the other hand, Takeru using the raw crest power was probably the coolest thing in the whole universe and I loved how hyper and confident and just absolutely awesome he was. Seraphimon is the shit.

Thank you for actually allowing Takeru to be furious with Taichi for handling the situation with Yamato so poorly. Taichi would have done the same thing if their positions were switched and babamon had shown him Yamato dying. I love overprotective older brother Yamato, but if Takeru doesn't stubbornly stick to his beloved Niisan and hiss at anyone who comes close, I will be a bit disappointed. Yamato was terrified and manipulated and no one seems to care. Not that I don't feel for Taichi as well, but seriously. Yamato needs some hugs.
ToastyToaster22 chapter 21 . 12/28/2016
I am sorry for not reviewing until now! So rude of me. I have been gobbling up this story so quickly that I haven't been stopping to type after each chapter. I love the way you portray the characters. All of them feel pretty true to how they seem to be developing through tri. I live for most things Takeru related, so I have been jumping for joy every time he has lines. I can't help but love that kid, and I have been very much enjoying your version of him. And I am so happy with the Hikari/Takeru interactions and the Yamato/Takeru interactions. He only one I was missing out on was him and Ken, but you have fixed that! I think they could be super awesome friends.
Eaglator23 chapter 22 . 12/6/2016
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THAT WAS SO GOOD! I'm slightly confused as to what is happening but I am 100 percent in it.
pendulii chapter 22 . 11/30/2016
Fizzing Wizard, you've outdone yourself.

I hadn't realised that this fic was on hiatus. I thought it was going to vanish into nothingness, no answers, no closure. So when I got the email saying that it had been updated, I can't even explain my excitement. The only reason it took me such a long time to read the latest chapter was because I had to read the fic from the beginning, of course, in order to be fully up to date with the characters (your characters, really). And man, was it worth it.

You make me care about every character. You give them life. Every plot twist had me on the edge of my figurative seat. I felt as exhausted as they did by the end.

But it's not just the palpable tension and high drama. It's the nuances, the attention to detail. Things like Tai feeding Agumon his burnt pancakes in ch21, Koushiro knowing Taichi well enough not to let him stay behind on his own and do Something Stupid. The way each of them reacted in their own ways to such profound loss.

We're definitely left with more questions than answers now, but I genuinely cannot wait to see where it goes. I'm intrigued as to how the dynamics between the Chosen and the Spore Children, now living parallel, are going to play out. And now the CC's group has fractured, I can only imagine how they're going to repair themselves.

Oh man. Don't mind me, I'll just be here holding my breath until the next chapter comes out (so pretty please don't stop writing... save the life of an internet stranger!)
singwithin chapter 22 . 11/21/2016
I'm so excited to see this updated again! It's been a pleasure re-reading through your story to catch up. Somewhat inevitably, I find myself comparing it with tri., and I think your grasp of the characters is much stronger. Yamato's attempt to explain himself by talking about the struggle between picking his band or his team was beautifully done. And I particularly like your analysis of the crest of Hope as a sun over the mountain. That's lovely.
Tanya Takaishi chapter 22 . 10/10/2016
Everytime I read anything you write, I'm always amazed. The descriptive qualities of the world, of the creatures, of people just feels so real. The dialogue is fun, real, on point. I felt like I was punched in the gut by Taichi's words to Yamato at the end. Everything was done so powerfully. And the allusion to Yamato's going off on his own to "find himself, punish himself, or maybe both" ugh.

Anyway, I'm obviously confused because there are so many questions still. I went back and reread the last chapter and now realize I need to take the time to reread the whole thing to feel truly caught up. It has been so long. Its something I plan to do in the future because this work is one of the best digimon fanfics written and I'd like to read it as a whole at some point. Hopefully when you've managed to finish it, which would be a tragedy if you never do.

Oh man, Gennai. Everything escalated so quickly and right when answers seemed ready, they were gone. And Baihumon taking the digimon away - the ending to this is so hopeless and sad, it would be like watching the last ep of tri if it just ended with them crying. Seriously, same sorts of feelings here.

Probably the scene that stood out to me most (besides the obvious crazy last scene) would be the one with Ken and Takeru. I just really love their interaction here. I always felt like their battle when Ken was the Emperor is an elephant in the room between them and it is always fun to see it get brought up in fanfic. The whole cave and the power of the crests and TK just touching his and - wow. Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff? The omega sword and the way it worked with Yamato and Taichi was also crazy - I mean all of this in a good way. There's just so much magic in your writing and so much more dimension in your description of this world that I'm in awe. I'm probably not really doing you much good with the review, I feel a bit too lost to analyze or guess or critique (what is there to critique anyway, seriously) - but I just want you to know how much inspiration and joy I get from reading your stuff. Please keep writing.
Guest chapter 22 . 10/1/2016
Omg seeing this in my imnbox has made me super happy
Starry Serenade chapter 22 . 9/29/2016
hoooo boiiii i though i suffered enough after the most recent tri movie BUT I GUESS NOT LMAO THEYRE ALL STILL FUCKED UP LMAOOOOOO IM DISTRESSSD
Zelos chapter 22 . 9/27/2016
Volcano of feelings, commence! I think I did leave you a review after Chapter 21, but I went and reread the whole thing anyway, so here's some cumulative flailing.

CHARACTERIZATION

I think the characterization is where this story really, really shines. Uncomprehensive mentions just off the top of my head:

- Taichi: I adore and want to strangle him in equal measure (it changes every five minutes), which means you've gotten the soul of Taichi down pat; I felt that way about him all throughout 01. I want to throttle him for his impulsiveness and stubborness, but So many times I was growling "Damn it, Taichi, just ASK GENNAI like Yamato KEEPS TELLING YOU TOO YOU STUBBORN COWARD"...and then I remind myself that this is still an 18 year old kid. And then I have moments where I just melt when he just...acts like a big brother to everyone (Noriko, Daisuke, etc.) and I'm reminded why I love this character, obstinacy and all.
- Yamato: like Taichi, I adore and want to strangle him in equal measure. And just like in 01, despite the previous sentence I still usually end up agreeing with him more than I do Taichi (just a tad). Except for the diva part. (He totally is a diva.)
- Ken, Daisuke, Miyako, Iori: to be honest, I never really cared for 02, but you've made me adore all the 02 kids. Especially Ken. I thought his Kaiser-to-Ken shift was too abrupt in the canon, but you've fleshed it out for me and oh, Ken. And somehow you've captured Daisuke's heart and carefreeness but without all the really annoying bits that made me want to throttle him in the dub.
- Takeru: I still can't believe you predicted sassmaster Takeru seven years before Tri even came out. Ken's observation about how he is so unrelentingly NICE (with a slightly scary edge) was great. And the opportunist part? YES.
- Mimi: perfect juxtaposition of her heart and her self-centred attitude. I thought the confession to Jou was absolutely adorable (even if Jou shot her down in a very Jou-ish way).
- Hikari: we didn't get a lot of Hikari in 01, and she and Takeru were both skipped over a bunch in 02 for Daisuke and Ken, so I really appreciate how you've fleshed her out. She's still very hard on herself, still mature for her age, self-sacrificing to the point of martyrdom...but she's also spunky, loves to gossip, and loves to tease. It's like Tri except you gave us way more than Tri has thus far. And the Yagami sibling moments are AMAZING. Even when they're not together but thinking of each other they are AMAZING.

Honestly, there isn't a character I dislike (other than maybe Gennai for the secrecy). I don't even mind Komori. He might be a manipulative ass, but through the lens of adulthood (blah) I can't even blame the guy all that much. He's busting his butt trying to give the Wolves a leg up and Yamato just bails time and again.

PLOT

I LOVE THIS PLOT. I have no idea how you managed to come up with such an complex, interwoven plot with how little the canon actually gave us (which pretty much amounts to "vague prophecies" and "blame the Dark Ocean" if memory serves). Also love how you integrated all the cultural aspects-I know the Four Sovereigns are canon, but I also really like the touches of Japan you include. Also your attention to detail! I love seeing little things like how Ken knows Digi-code (and still remembers it even though it's been a while), or Yamato climbs mountains, or Tailmon hating vacuum cleaners (ha!). It makes them feel more like a person outside of Chosen Children and the duties thereof.

So far I like the Spore Children subplot more than the Digital World corruption subplot (though they're probably going to entangle further to become one overarching plot). I feel like the Digital World subplot is a little weakened by Gennai's obstinate secrecy and Taichi's obstinate refusal to confront Gennai about said secrecy and all of this would go SO MUCH BETTER if the kids would just ask the hard questions. I know most of that is to keep us the readers in suspense but it is a little frustrating. The Spore Children subplot, however, is a lot of sympathy for both sides and pure feels all around.

FEELINGS

I could've shuffled this section under characterization or plot, but there were several moments in which the volcano of feelings erupted, so I feel like they deserve special mentions :D

- Yukata. I didn't think I'd get so attached to an OC Wolf, but accidentally slicing up his hand so Yamato can catch a break? Oh.
- Ken. Like I said, I didn't care too much for 02, but you managed to make me adore all of the 02 kids, especially Ken. That part where he defended the Spore Children to the other Chosen, despite being BEATEN BY A CROWBAR? Chapter 16 is probably my favourite chapter overall, just for that alone.,
- Daisuke and Ken. Daisuke's coming out moment was incredibly sweet (and did I sense some unrequited ruefulness on Ken's behalf?)
- Taichi and Yamato. I want to strangle them both half the time, but that exchange about Taichi trying not to make Yamato choose hit me so hard.
- There were more but I lost count of them while writing this novel...

WISHLIST (feel free to ignore this)

- More of the parents. Because I really don't think the other parents are quite as blase about the Digital World and the Chosen's duties as Hiroaki is, and I kind of adore Hiroaki and Natsuko at least.
- More conflict between Digital World and real world for the Chosen. So far Yamato is the only one being pulled in two directions, but I feel like others should too (Jou with his studying/med school dreams? Taichi needing a scholarship for college? etc)
- ...maybe a bit more extrapolation about Sora and Yamato? I don't care about their ship too much either way, but I feel like the breakup was so bad and bitter (save for the marginal improvement in the last two chapters) and so unlike Sora's usual levelheadedness that I feel like there must be more to it, and it will come up again... (Then again, they are still teenagers...)
- More Takeru & Yamato brotherly moments? :D

Eight years later and we're at the end of ARC ONE. Words can't express how much I admire your plotting skills, and I'm simultaneously excited and frightened at how many more emotional rollercoasters you'll take us on.
Crowned Sky chapter 22 . 9/27/2016
I'm curious more than anything to see what happens next. The suspense is agonizing! Gosh this is such a great story.
Emeraldpichu chapter 22 . 9/25/2016
It has been quite a while but I feel this is still as good as ever, the emotions and tragedy its all great I can only hope that the next one arrives sooner than the last.
SimplyFox chapter 22 . 9/25/2016
The noise I made when I got an alert that this fic updated was not human I swear I got so excited I wanted to cryyyy I love this story so, so much!

Wow there is so much happening right now, I love the tension going on it feels very real when I read. I'm legit concerned about Yamato and what he's dealing with after "betraying" the team and Gennai, but honestly lots of the others probably would have done the same after seeing Taichi shoved into a fiery pit. I think he'll definitely have a supporter in Daisuke which will be interesting considering his feelings for Tai (which I adore as an aspect of this fic).

Nnnnngh I'm so excited about this story thank you so much for updating! This is honestly my absolute favorite digimon fic and and it's in the top 5 of my favprite fic of all time, I just love the plot and how you deal eith the characters and their POVs aaahhh! And Taichi's struggle in all of this is so good and real I adore it and actually get super emotional reading this (watch me go reread the whole thing for loke the 4th time)
Thanks again and I hope you're feeling better!