Reviews for All Seems Beautiful
theShipperOfManyShips chapter 23 . 4/28
this is such a good story, A03 doesn't have a lot of digmon fics so I came to fanfic and wasn't expecting to find much, but this is so good? I know its been a few years since you updated and I hope you are doing well, but is there anyway to just get a quick cliffnotes summary of what you had planned? If not, I definitely understand and am thankful you wrote what you did!
Guest chapter 23 . 11/3/2020
Spent the last month rewatching adventure and tri and catching up on the reboot so I got soo nostalgic and in the mood for digimon fics so of course I had to come back to this fic! This is by far one of my favorite fics I've read and it still remains to be such to this day. Since rereading I keep coming back to it randomly throughout the week just to reread my favorite parts and it gets better every time. The way you write these kids just feel so natural and in character, I love how tou depict the dynamics within the group. I know it must be hard juggling all 12 characters but you honestly do it soo well I'm constantly in awe over how smooth each pov jump is. Tbh I have soo many questions I want to ask you even though they technically count as spoilers for this fic haha in general I absolutely adore this fic and honestly all your other ones (thank you for all the taishirou content.. love them)
Guest chapter 23 . 5/15/2020
This is still my favorite Digimon fanfiction of all time. I think this is maybe my 4th time re-reading it?
Funny story: the reason for this re-read is I recently decided to finish watching Tri starting back from the beginning since it had been so long. I had a very vivid memory of Mimi confessing to Joe by the water, and was waiting for the scene in the series to pop up. When it never did I got really confused, until I realized that scene was from this story. Then of course I had to read it again! Even now as an adult, this js genuinely my fav Digimon plot and characterizations of all time.

Thank you so much for writing! Even if you never get around to finishing, what you've given us already has been absolutely delightful and I'll always cherish this story.
I hope you've been enjoying all the new Digimon content as much as I have!

-SimplyFox
(My old ff account is lost to time)
sorato1990 chapter 23 . 4/22/2020
I hate it when I found a great fanfiction and then I realice is unfinished:( please continué
Lady Nara chapter 4 . 7/12/2019
Daisuke is so cute in this chapter. He's being all protective of Taichi and then trying to argue that his senpai should go with them to the camp, haha. Taichi be like "am I really so pathetic my kouhai feels like he needs to safeguard my feelings omg."
Ooooh, Yamato has got his Niisan growl going on.
LOL Taichi high-fiving Yamato through the bus window and promising to look after Takeru and Yamato unclenching enough to smile. Yesss. I love how goofy Taichi is and that he can make Yamato smile even when he's like this. Yamato really trusts Taichi a lot, and that comes through.
Lady Nara chapter 3 . 7/11/2019
Awwwww. Yamato did his best to be a good friend and cheer Taichi up, despite getting practically no sleep. Poor Yamato is really stretched thin, isn't he. It's kind of interesting to compare this to Tri and see that his position here is actually kind of similar to Jyou's in Tri- they are the ones trying to juggle their digital/friend responsibilities while working toward their future career goals, and feeling like they are failing in both efforts.
Interesting stuff on the inner workings of the Yagami family. Taichi was so withdrawn that his father scolded him for scaring his mom and sister, eh? That is some hardcore moping.
Every scene with Daisuke and Ken makes me so happy. I love the way you write Ken. Taichi is my favorite character, but Ken is a close second. I loved the bit with Daisuke sadly saying that Ken had suffered enough for ten Kens. He's right...;_;
The fight between Sora and Yamato was well-written. Definitely feels like the sort of "start out mild and get increasingly out-of-control" sort of thing that real relationships have when they're on the rocks. Poor Taichi being stuck in the middle :P
Lady Nara chapter 2 . 7/9/2019
Haha, bonus points for working visual kei in there! Ken would look cute with Hyde's hair.

Really liking the descriptions of what Yamato is up to with his band, and the way his dad is trying to bond with him. Poor Yamato seems pretty conflicted about what he really wants. He would make a great star- attractive, cool, stylish- but he's also more of an artistic introvert, right? Being on display and exploited like that would naturally grate after a while.

Boy, he's being sort of a lax friend, isn't he? He had several opportunities to call Taichi back, and just...didn't prioritize him at all. To his credit, he immediately called when he realized that something was wrong, but still.

Daisuke and Ken are so cute! Sora and Taichi being their athletic selves and playing raquetball despite the conditions made me smile.

The description of Taichi remembering being a kid and climbing trees with Hikari was really beautifully written. Made me feel that nostalgic ache right along with him. The brother-sister moments were very sweet. Taichi thinking about what looks they have in common (and don't), and trying to protect his sister, and her seeing right through him and offering comfort, was touching.

Poor Koushiro. He's doing his best, but he really struggles with people skills, doesn't he? There are a lot of ways he could have broken the news in a better way that that. Yikes. I felt so bad for him feeling jealous and left out of Taichi and Yamato's special bond.

Yamato really does give Taichi something that he needs. Well, Taichi gives it right back. But the way Yamato calls him out on things, isn't intimidated by him, calms him down and knocks him out of funks, takes over when Taichi can't lead, and supports him, is so important. Taichi needs to lean on him sometimes. Koushiro can't do that for Taichi, but I don't think Taichi would want him, to. Yamato can take Taichi's anger and weakness, etc. Taichi wouldn't want to dump all that on Koushiro.

It's probably exactly because Taichi values their friendship and knows how kind and loyal Koushiro is, that he doesn't turn to him when he's feeling most vulnerable. He can trust Yamato not to take his shit, if necessary. Koushiro might be TOO patient. It's sad that Koushiro just attributes this to Taichi not trusting or valuing him, but it makes sense. ;_; Kind of amused by Koushiro's snide little thoughts about Yamato not being THAT great of a friend, what's he got over me.

LOL Taichi just flirts with everyone, doesn't he? Talking about his sexy voice with Koushiro, waggling his eyebrows over Sora's ass, and telling Yamato about making kissy noises at a desktop picture of him (I giggled). He's being goofy, of course, but it makes me laugh that he acts like such a rake.
Sora and Jyou are such lifesavers, aww.
Lady Nara chapter 1 . 7/9/2019
Rockabelle from tumblr, here. Okay, I'm finally giving the review that I promised! I've decided to re-read the fic and review multiple times as I move through it. :)
I love the way you describe Taichi. The scene with him at home conversing with Hikari and Koushirou reminded me so strongly of the Digimon movie! The back-and-forth, and the descriptions of Taichi's movements and poses felt so spot-on. Taichis is so present in his body in the series/movie. He fidgets, flops around, slumps into odd poses, etc. He's just very fluid and physically expressive. It's easy to get an idea of how he's feeling from how he's moving. I really got a strong sense of that with the scene that you wrote, and the way he and the others were speaking felt perfect, too. The humor and sibling annoyance, and Koushirou using big words and ideas that Taichi tries to keep up with. Taichi saying "What the- you forefeiting?" made me laugh out loud. I was grinning the whole time, though.
This whole chapter, I felt like I could hear everyone's voices and picture what was happening very easily. Taichi's voice was definitely the stand-out in terms of being SO brilliantly in-character. But Koushirou, Sora, Takeru, Hikari, Miyako and Daisuke were all amazing, too. I liked the bit with Takeru, a lot. Probably my favorite part of the chapter was the disappearing scene. The FEELS. I am all about the hurt/comfort, etc., so I loved it. Especially the description of Daisuke tackling and pinning Taichi. The description of Taichi sprawling beneath Daisuke's powerful body was, uh. I really wasn't sure at the time if I was supposed supposed to be titillated by it or if I was just an impure person, but it had me re-examining those two in a way I'd never considered. Also, I came across a pixiv art that reminded me strongly of your scene. Enough so that I send the artist a request to get permission to post their art on tumblr, and gave them a link to your fic (in terrible google translated Japanese). Haven't heard back, yet, but we'll see! XD Here it is: member_ ?modemedium&illust_id44339925
Kiratt chapter 23 . 6/18/2019
One day, I'd love to see where the story was headed and what would happen to everyone. Your writing was engaging and fun to read, and as a fellow teacher in Japan, really interesting how well you pulled in the cultural aspects of growing up, a kid in Tokyo, and Western pop culture references. Thank you for sharing and I hope to read more one day!
melia2 chapter 10 . 1/19/2019
Nice story, I love it.

Yamato my favorite character 3
I don’t like when the writers portray Yamato as a famous person, cares about parties and forgets his friends because this is not true but I like your portrayal of his character showed how he is a very sensitive person.

Sorato are my favorite couple but I do not like Sora here, I don’t understand how she can understand what everyone is going through but she’s unfair to Yamato :(
Really she’s makes me feel frustrated.
I feel like I'm starting to hate her in this fic because her actions are irrational and without reason.
tineryn chapter 23 . 9/4/2018
I know it's been a year and change, but I really hope you come back to this!
Starry Serenade chapter 23 . 8/16/2018
chapter 24; yamatos fucking dead askdkkckdm
headry chapter 23 . 7/15/2018
god I wish I had half your talent
Guest chapter 11 . 3/24/2018
I was enjoying this fic. Then you did something which caused me no small amount of suffering. Twice. Goddamn you and go stab your dick with a rusty ice pick. Fuck you and fuck everything you ever cared about.
Guest chapter 23 . 1/11/2018
Sogoodsogoodsogoodsogood

I squeal every time I see an update. The story is sogood, the characterizations are sogood, the relationships, the turmoil, the pacing, SOGOODSOGOODSOGOOD, AND to top it all of it emphasizes Taichi, my favorite character. LoveloceLICE this story so much, I always recommend it to people looking for quality Digimon fics. I can’t wait to squeal for the next update, thank you so much for your dedication to this story over all the years, you are truly a master storyteller.