Reviews for Vayne Thoughts
heaven-monument chapter 3 . 11/11/2008
You're back! And with yet another fabulous chapter of Possessive!Vayne/Annoyed!Drace.

I'm tempted to get a Livejournal to make browsing for fics easier, and so I can talk to people (such as you...) more often and faster. If I do, I'll send you a PM, and then you'll have to guide me through it. I'll probably make the decision in the next two weeks, because school finishes soon (!) and I'll have an assload of holidays.

Vardonir chapter 2 . 9/19/2008
UPDATE. MOAR. NAO.

Kidding. But I do hope you post more.

This is nice, printable material. That is, if you'll finish it.

DVRDNR
heaven-monument chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
This is too cute. While it's far, far from canon (Yes, it's true, Noah and Basch are more than platonic. XD I kid. I can't stand incest), it's still very entertaining.

I do have some criticism, though:

1. Drace is a little too bubbly. Just a little.

2. Sometimes I can't tell who is talking, you may want to add on the end of some speech "Drace said" or "said Gabranth", etc.

Also, WHY WAS THIS NOT UPLOADED THE DAY AFTER YOU WROTE IT? *flail* *spazz* *rage* *breaks several delicate vases*

Mandy I Am chapter 2 . 9/15/2008
Drace and Gabranth are so much more sensible and relaxed here than they are in the game. At least from what I can remember. There was a tad bit of jealousy in Gabranth but also protective. You can tell that he senses Vayne is truly up to no good.

I loved that Gabranth tried to convince her to take her time and enjoy her bath and how he planned the encounter.
DarkenedPetals chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Ah very nice work!

You do have a very unique writing style that, i swear, i will never falter to admire!
heaven-monument chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
I am going to have to tape you to your computer and force you to write more. Could you be 's most prolific author? XD

9.5/10

HM

PS: The pun was slightly better, but... *runs and hides in dark corner, weeping bitterly*

PPS: I kid. XD
Angel Taisha chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
I was hoping you'd post this eventually; all of your mentionings about it over time were adding to my growing curiosity. Unfortunately I haven't played the game in so long I'd forgotten about the storyline save for the fact that Vayne was the bad guy, lol! I didn't even finish the game because the politics made my head go 'splody.

Still, I wanted to let you know that I have read this, and it was enjoyed. I apologize for not being more...keen on the subject and for not giving you anything of use review wise.
Daemon hunter chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
I must say that you've actually surprised me. I was about to say that your title has a grammatical error but then I realized that it's a pun. Oh, very well done, particularly in conjunction with the ending.

I'll handle the negatives first since there are fewer of them than positives. My only real point is characterization. Your point on Vayne disliking the use of violence seems a bit bizarre, considering he was the one who invaded Dalmasca, slaughtered a king and later fired on members of the resistance offering to parley. Also, I wonder if Vayne would be really be willing to give up power to Larsa, given that he killed his own father for it.

But otherwise your characterization is spot-on. Vayne's shrewdness and vanity were well documented, particularly, as I've already said, by your ending. I admire your writing style. It says everything that needs to be said without going over the top. Your spelling and grammar are also masterful, as can be proven by your manipulation of a grammatical error into a wittisism.

Anyhow, I enjoyed this. It was a very enjoyable read.
Mandy I Am chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
I believe that Vayne was a good character but was weighed down by the need and want for power. To me, he seemed to have the well-being of others at heart but of course, that little bad side of him conflicted with his heart. Heh. Then again, he is an evil bastard.

At first, he seemed to want to settle matters in a more diplomatic way and then he was all "rawr! Let’s take by force".

Vayne seemed to be the one that pondered situations and everything else more so than the others did. I think you have him down here. His actions towards Larsa are definitely questionable. There was always that thought that given the right moment, he would quickly turn against his little brother for the power.

The way you described the Judges' attire was real. Those things look too heavy, stuffy, and not very comfortable to be in. How anyone could bear to endure that kind of armor is beyond me.

At first, I was not sure I could see Vayne going after Drace. Then, I thought about it and realized that in order to persuade her to be on his side, he would have to manipulate her.

You should do more work in the XII fandom!