Reviews for To Make a Mother Proud
Yuri-hime chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
So very sad ;_;

But it was well-written
Suiram chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Ok, question: who's child is Syn! the only two that seem possible are Signum and Vita since they have that kinda personality. I think Vivio is something like Nanoha and Fate in a small package, so i don't mind her having a friend, but why only one? She's a mage student/trainee with Ace's for mothers and with Heterochromia she should be super popular in school/military. Of course she should have only one very close friend (this makes her resemble her mothers) and if that evolves in to more is up to the writer. But to only have one friend seems a little sad/lonely.
Aylor chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
I liked this story, it was gripping and the developments were well paced. It's also good to see a bad end every once in a while so readers don't get complacent. :)

That said the ending wasn't much of a surprise as most of the story seemed to be about them struggling.
CrimsonDX chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
:( wow what a way to start my day _. Good story but now i need to watch something happy :P.

At least she died in a good way. I don't care for seeing characters I like having meaningless deaths. Ones like this though where they can die with a purpose are alright though :).
Shadokin chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Very well done, I loved how you wrote it. The ending was sad to, I would've prefered for Syn, if anything, to like not be able to walk anymore but still be alive, ya know? But it would be nice to see other fanfic's with these two, I see a lot of potential here.
Rikaishi chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
The downer ending was pretty unexpected and depressing.

A couple of things occurred to me that I felt invalidated the central problem which led to Syn's death, that they had no supplies.

First the supply caravan was taken, not destroyed, so I think it may have been reasonable to have the girls teleport to it's last known position and reclaim the supplies from the forces they were originally going to defend against.

Second, there was still an administration warship within transfer range, which could have teleported in supplies either from it's own stores or friendly territory. I could have even called in more support such as Hayate herself. an explanation that the enemy was jamming communications or the warship had already moved out of range might help.

Other then those small quibbles, great work I'm quite a fan of all your Nanoha fics
V chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Damn. I've been following the story since the first post on AS thread and while I thought the short story about Syn dying could be the ending, I didn't think you'd really kill her off. .
clarec97 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
This plot is good, but why must Syn die? This is so sad.
lxlanimefreaklxl chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
omg, i cant believe you killed her! blah, im feeling so dejected right now. it was a good read though.
ToumaSan chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Syn died...And it was Vivio's first mission too. Too bad Syn couldn't be saved but she did it to save Vivio so it's okay. She's a hero!