Reviews for Zombie Duck
ViolettBlack chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
This is one of the best crackfics I haver ever read.
anatolealice chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I'm leaving a review in the hope that it averts zombie duck nightmares :-)

Very funny story. It's the details that make it art :-) Zombie Duck packing his philly cheesesteak? Max's liberal arts education? And NCIS crossovers? BWAHAHAHAHA!
xxtheoneyoudreamaboutxx chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Hey! OMG this fic is random! it really lives up to the crack!fic mantra, doesn't it. well, you had me laughing all the way through (and distracted from my whipped cream crack!fic
TheWickedQuill chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Crack!Fic fun!tasy! :D Woohoo :D Go you on the insanity :D

Thanks for the gigglefest, even if it did irritate my throat :P But seriously, you have to tell me where you come up with these ideas!

Good fun, chica! Thanks for sharing :D
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Trangenic... zombie... duck! Im trying reall y hard to breath here, so stupid but oh so funny loved it.
Mari83 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Sorry for being so late (but at least I told you already how this saved my mind)This is so funny and I love your style – and it even has a real plot complete with a crossover to NCIS, I’m impressed endlessly. The idea of zombie ducky being inspired by Eyes Only is just geniously funny (even though I’m still firmly convinced that in reality it has a very kind soul)

"Manticore was always trying to build the perfect soldier. Sure, they had managed to whip up a generation of drop-dead gorgeous people with super-human strength and intelligence, and that was all nifty and everything, but how cool would it be if they could create genetically enhanced killing machines that could fly or live under water or glow in the dark or be completely stain resistant?"

Funny, but the best thing about it is that one moment it seems completely crazy and unlikely and the next… not so far from S2 and probably a rather accurate description of the Manticore people. (And how did you know about the glow in the dark part?)

"Animating the dead, stolen body, the zombie duck carefully packed his cheesesteak into a to-go bag and walked out of Manticore forever."

(Cheesesteak is like Cordon Bleu?)

"It would be a zombie apocalypse, and it would be totally freakin’ awesome!"

Almost cute...

"A fellow transgenic, x-5 judging by the look of it..."

This gives me the funny mental image of a startled, pondering ducky forgetting its evilness for a moment.

"Using the cop’s body, he made a phone call and set the gears of his trap in motion."

Please tell me it's not Matt Sung...

(So laughing at Shy’s review review comment, that’s like self-fulfilling prophecy)
Brina2468 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I loved it as I thought I would! You truly have a creative mind and you sure know how to express it well. Great job!
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
THIS IS JUST BRILLIANT! Building a story around a rubber duck - absolutely hilarious - and yeah, this is crazy. :-D :-D

I especially liked the headlines of the different paragraphs, very funny! And of course loved the absurdity of this story.

Favorite parts:

-...Animating the dead, stolen body, the zombie duck carefully packed his cheesesteak into a to-go bag and walked out of Manticore forever. ...

(LOL)

-... If she didn’t know better, she would have sworn that it was a rubber ducky, which was probably the strangest thing she had seen all day. Maybe two days. ... :-D

I enjoyed this story very much.

THANKS. (still grinning)
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
I don't know which I like better- the story or the review asking where you got the zombie duck!

(Okay, I know which I like better, and which *is* better, but still...!)

And holy cow, a plot! Beyond that, I love all the bits listed by ITL and this, too: "...all the undead field training that she had studied back at Manticore (thank goodness for a liberal arts education!) had finally paid off."

but the best-

"I once saw a toy like this getting its picture taken by a bunch of crazy women up in that restaurant that used to be on top of the Space Needle.”

Sqwee! So Loogie's gonna be up there, too? :D :D :D

Happy Christmas to us all!
Angry Lobster chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This rocked!
tif chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
that was funny and totaly gofy where did you come up with a zombie duck?
Insane Troll Logic chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? IF I GET CRACK HALF THIS GOOD WITH MY OFF THE WALL REQUESTS, WHY THE HELL WOULD I ASK FOR ANYTHING ELSE?

This is one of the single most hilarious things I have read in a long time. I mean look at all this genius:

platypus DNA because those scientists thought platypi were just freaking hysterical, and we already established that they were a little cracked in the head. (platypi are hilarious.)

ripped out the throat of the nearest lab tech (fortunately an undergrad, and therefore no great loss) and devoured his brain (tugs collar. Uh, yeah. That could easily be me...)

the zombie duck carefully packed his cheesesteak into a to-go bag (HAHAHA!)

It would be a zombie apocalypse, and it would be totally freakin’ awesome!

which was probably the strangest thing she had seen all day. Maybe two days. (of course because you see yesterday Logan turned into a mereman. It was awkward)

And they all lived happily ever after, except for everyone who died a horrible and painful death. (I think I might love you)

THAT WAS EPIC! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!
Ion Bond chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Ha ha ha! Poor Mrs. Moreno, but I was obscurely glad that the duck didn't eat Matt Sung's brain.
tylee17 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
HILARIOUS!(:

... damn friggin' hilarious. can't say more, still suffering from sudden laughing bursts...
annie200 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
You are officially insane, but not in a bad way! This was also very funny.