Reviews for A Lesson for Beginners
shini chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
aw. so good. so sad. poor sammy!
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
For John to look back later and to realize that his "training exercise" was the moment that Sam started to lose all respect for his father. Sad that he never could see that Sam never stopped loving John.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This fic really impressed me. I love the deep emotions that took me by surprise. Excellent story
calcium77 chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Wow. That was a great story! Got me teary at the end with the line about Sam's trust in him being gone :-(

Geeze...you have lots more stories I see...but I really have to get some work done today!

Thanks for writing and sharing!

kat
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
that sounds completely legit. definitely something i could see actually happening. and your closing couple paragraphs were simply amazing. very well done!
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
OK, that was one of the most powerful stories I have ever read. And I read ALOT! It was so wonderfully descriptive and passionate, and completely gut wrenching. I feel like I have been on an emotional rollercoaster, and I want more! No one has nailed Sam more than you did in this line:

Sam’s a mystery to him. So full of passion, so intensely strong-minded, so exactly like Mary that John can barely bring himself to look at him sometimes. But none of that is Sam’s fault so when is he going to stop punishing the kid for it?

It broke my heart. It was the truth. Nice job. Very well done. I really enjoyed that :)
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Oh Liz, this one off explored so deeply the dynamics of the family Winchester and where it all started to unravel so beautifully it was a disappointment to get to the end. John in his obsession to bring his youngest up to a mindset that mirrored his own really did forget he was just a child, Mary's child, and risked so much in his actions. Dean finally realises too that when it comes to his brother that his dad isn't infallible whilst the saddest part is that Sam learns that the only one he can truly fall back on in any honesty is his older brother. So sad in the telling, but oh heartfelt in the reading. Loved it. Rozzy.
LaurenWinchester chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I have to admit, this had me tearing up a little. *wibbles*

I really like this fic. Much as I love John, I can easily imagine something like this happening.

Awesome job! :D
WildestDreams93 chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
really good! :)
Shinigami061 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
This was wonderfully written - and definitely something that John Winchester would have done. I'm fond of the guy, too, but he doesn't strike me as a good dad, but a good leader/commander. Anyway, keep up the great work!

Shinigami06
midknightmist chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Loved the story. Poor Sammy. Thanks for sharing.
wooljumper1992 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
This is brilliant. Sounds like the kind of thing John would do - I love him too, but you're right; he probably made a fair few mistakes raising the boys. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
AmiNoo chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Hey Liz x

That was a great story!

I felt so so sorry for Sam when he thought John and Dean were dead... and his leg -grimaces- Holy shit!

I agree: John's a stand-up guy (in my opinion) but he was bound to make mistakes when raising his sons alone. Mayeb his mistakes are a little more magnified but still :P

That was brill! Keep up the good work! ;)

Hugs, Am x