Reviews for Beside You in Time
thee-eternal-child chapter 12 . 12/12/2023
I've reread this story several times at this point and this line always gets me.

"Aurelie," began the taiyoukai with a small, ironic smirk, "is not and never has been my wife. She is only yours."

It's just a clever and poignant way to tell the truth and lie at the same time. And it gives such a sense of longing too! Uuuugh.
zye1 chapter 25 . 12/7/2023
Wow...epic.
Cyrus559 chapter 25 . 11/24/2023
Your wondrous tale about Kagome and Sesshoumaru's journey through time has been the longest fanfcition I have followed, and though I missed your ending by a couple of years(!) I'm glad I rediscovered it to see it finished.
I have always been amazed by the time and effort you must have devoted into this, and as a hobby historian, was alwas thrilled by the historical facts (and the notes at each chapter's ending) that you managed to include. After reading your second last and first laf of your last chapter, I began imagin how it must have been for Kagome on her first day back in school for more than four hundred and fifty years! I assume that being so old (practically married, having a secret life with demons and probably not a few business ventures running) and simultaniously keeping up her role as a school girl would be worth a story on its own

In the end, I'm glad that you gave them all such a happy ending. The wedding was a wondrous way to conclude your work, especially with all the guests whom I have come to love and appreciate through the story, participating.

Thank you for coming back and finishing the work you started on so long ago, and for sharing your imaginative mind with us throughout your story.
Zanzibar1 chapter 25 . 9/7/2023
What a great story! while I do wish there was a little more body to it, I am still satisfied with the brief glimpses into the timeline they shared together and I do not feel as though this story was rushed or too slow. it was a perfect mixture of all the events. Thank you for writing a wonderful story!
SecretSkrill chapter 25 . 9/5/2023
AMAZING Story! 10/10 :)
Sanctum chapter 25 . 8/1/2023
If Sesshoumaru's the Killing Perfection you are the Writing Perfection because there wasn't a thing I'd change about this story. The love, the heartbreak, the loss, the echoes of their past lives as they were not time travelers but instead traveling through it... Marvelous. And as a history buff as well as an Inuyasha fan, to call this a treat is a MASSIVE understatement. This was my favorite kind of happy ending, well fought, well earned, and with the promise of infinite adventures and yet we covered so much ground here I'm happy to simply imagine what they will bring. I got to the end and cried. I picked this story up as a teenager, lost track and now an adult myself I finally found the time to see if it was completed and you know what? It was BETTER than I remember because I more fully understand these characters now that I'm older. Do you know how rare that is for me? Many stories I loved as a teenager I go back, and it's fond nostalgia more than anything that keeps my attention. But not here, this stands without needing any affection from me to be great. I hope to hand bind this one day and put it in my library. Beautiful work.
missteapott chapter 1 . 7/14/2023
excellent! one of the very few with a different story line. loved it!
Guest chapter 25 . 7/13/2023
The ending was fantasying as well as the beginning and the middle. I loved the story! I wish you the best of luck in life, and when you get that book published, please let us know!
Guest chapter 8 . 7/10/2023
I’m rereading this after about seven years or so. It’s been long enough that all I remember is how great this story was, but my memories have not done it justice. This story is fantastic. It is even better than I remembered. It’s so cool that you weave in historical events, and how there is so much more going on than a simple love story. There are different threads of storyline that all coming together. Different characters. Different motives. Plus, the slow burn romance. It fits those two. Their characterization is spot on, but it is impossible not to like Kagome more in this. You show off her interpersonal skills and make her more three dimensional.

(Also, thank you for the heads up about the next chapter. It’s a couple hours past my bedtime, but this book is so hard to put down. I’m all alone tonight, so defiantly a good idea to hold off till later.)
reader chapter 25 . 6/18/2023
Oh wow. So basically. I first read this masterpiece around 2011 or 2012, when it had I think 17 chapters. I think you were on hiatus so I never saw when you updated it again. I was 12 back then, and now I'm 24. This was the first fanfic I have ever read. A week or so ago I remembered this fic again and sought it out. And read it all from the beginning. This was truly the best fanfic I have ever read. I cried at times. I blushed and squealed at times. I feel like I've lived 450 years with Kagome and Sesshomaru. You mentioned in the previous A/N's that you wanted to write your own original novel. I think with your imagination and writing skills you will write a truly outstanding book. Best of luck and thank you for finishing this beautiful story.
Aki chapter 1 . 5/4/2023
I'M GONNA CRY. I JUST FOUND OUT THIS STORY WAS FINISHED? TIME TO BING THE WHOLE THING IN PURE ECSTACY BECAUSE I'VE WAITED YEARS FOR THIS.

I'LL ALSO COME BACK WITH REAL REVIEWS.
Coca.choco.sprin chapter 25 . 4/8/2023
Dearest author,

I am not as gifted with words as you are, so please recognize that there is much feeling behind these simple words. I was here at the start of this story, a young teen myself. Both this story and a few others of yours left such an impact that I would get nostalgic and come back to reread over the years. Occasionally, I would be surprised with a gift of a new chapter that I genuinely did not expect to come. I am in my 30s now and still love the characters both original and Takahashi created. I was so pleasantly in shock that you have finished this story. It was amazing, realistic, well-paced and filled with believable detail that makes everything so much more enjoyable. It's rather ironic to me that the title has lived up to more than the story's premise but our own as both I and you and the other readers have grown thoughout the past decade and several years. I can still remember what was going on in my life the first time I read certain chapters and so the story is a literal echo through time for me. All the more beloved. I wish you the best encouragement and fond wishes in your future endeavors at writing. You have such a talent.

With much gratitude and awe that you kept your promise,
.sprinkles
Guest chapter 25 . 3/7/2023
Oh my god, I have just read this in one go during the last few days as I coulndt put it down. I love stories where not necessarily the romance but an amazing plot is in the center, yet you managed to develop both parts so well. I was so tensd and eager to continue reading aftet each chapter and I salute you for your characterization of both Sesshoumaru and Kagome!
I hope you are well wherever you are and if you ever publish something original I will sure as hell support you!

Love Feainn
Agapostemon chapter 25 . 3/6/2023
Ye gods how did I miss this fic being finished? Thank you so much for this lovely, lovely ride.
WiseFly chapter 25 . 2/12/2023
i had to take breaks while reading... but this rather fantastic epic.. had me from the summery.. bravo and thank you
3,029 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »