Reviews for We must not look at goblin men
Fablegirl777 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Wow. I love this! It's really inside the creature's mind. Utterly exquisite. Gorgeous piece of writing
Kantrix Gabriel chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Ooo...*shivers* Your take on the creature is great fun to read. It's thoughts and motivations are just as fascinating as watching the passengers rip each other to shreds within the confines of the ship. Wonderfully done.
alasweneverdo chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
"They call the flesh Skye"-I love that line. It stands out against the rest of the piece, and it sums up in five words how a creature like that would think. I almost said "what separates it from the humans," but isn't the point that that separation became less and less visible?

Anyway, that's just me wondering to myself. I love, love, love your characterization of the unknown creature, the way you use third person to keep that anonymous, detached sort of feel. All that talk of fear and flesh and everything made me shiver a bit!

Oh, and there's another line that I just loved: "The Doctor, the Doctor was all things, all times, so much sorrow and rage and love and regret." Reminded me a bit of that one line from "The Family of Blood."

All-in-all, great fic. "Midnight" is an amazing episode, and I think you did it justice.
TheSoliloquy chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
" that voice could bring a world to its knees without shedding one drop of blood." That made me grin in delight! :D I loved EVERY second of it, literally, especially the way you refered to Sky as the 'flesh'. Keep writing! :D
Cheskaz chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
This is really good! You should continue writing, you are an excellent author!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Good story!
Ree923 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
ooh, I have chills, this is one of the reasons you are my hero...
Gamine Madcap chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
Oh yes, I LOVE Christina Rossetti. I've analyzed "The Goblin Men" in a couple of lit classes-one of my professors loves it-and it is one of my favorites. Haven't seen Midnight yet...somehow skipped over it...but now I can't wait. Keep up the great work!
ArieSemir chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Oh fantastic. There are some downright eerie moments in this fic, especially the way the narrator described Dee. This was a great standalone ep, but I like how you've left it open. Funny, that the planet should be called midnight when it's poisoned by a sun.

One thing - about halfway through, the font is all bolded. It's not overly distracting, but I thought you might want to know.
Willow08 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
fantastic - really great writing and viewpoint

some very good images you've created

this is one of those pieces of writing that you read and it sticks in your mind for ages

well done and thanks for writing this :)
SilverWolf7 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Oh you put it up :) Nice little story. Dark, and definitely a good view of how it might think and view the world. My take on it is different, but yet again, most people's take on it would be different.
Basser chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Scary... Not much was really said on that episode, it's interesting to see it from another point of view. I was pretty disappointed when the whatever-it-was just sort of went off, never to be heard of again. Had the potential to be such a frightening little beastie! Way scarier than the Daleks... Anyhow great read, thanks!
VHunter07 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Ugh! Oh, that was F-R-E-A-K-Y! Great job with that wicked, alien voice. Yet it had such a haunting quality that one almost felt sorry for it...ALMOST. Excellent work. Thanks for sharing it with us!