Reviews for Whom They Fear
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
This was amazing and that end part where Maedhros turns and smiles at him and says 'Cano, how long have you been sitting there?' is really chilling!
Clodia chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Remarkable. I like this very much, especially the ending. The intensity is very well maintained throughout. Thank you!
Epilachna chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
An interesting twist on the Maitimo's escape and recovery. I always thought he must have got a bit insane during those years in Morgoth's care and that's how I've written him, but the idea of his family believing he may be under Morgoth's influence is a nice twist.
Eriala chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
I didn’t review this when I first found it, because it’s difficult to explain how stunningly moving I found this piece to be. You’ve used a concept that I’ve considered before, but you’ve put it into words in a way that is thought-provoking, and very characteristic of Fingon. Your descriptions of the Fëanorians at the beginning sounded just like them; I especially liked "Macalaurë, whose songs have taken a darker turn since I had last heard them"... I can really see that. Fingon’s devotion to Maedhros, after everything, is beautiful, although the ending is quite dark and leaves us wondering. The writing here is very good quality, and I love your style. Hopefully you’ll be able to share much more wonderful writing with us soon.
Ellfine chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
Interesting tale! Very dark. I think you captured the naievity (hope I speled that right) of the Noldor very well. They were clueless about Morgoth and what he could do. Poor Fingon. and poor Maedhros!
Neld chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
Interesting and well-written. Will there be more ?