Reviews for The Five Senses
Avelona-and-Sally chapter 2 . 8/30/2011
Well, first off, your writing style is very nice. No misspellings, good flow, etc, etc. But a few things were bugging me as I read this - Casey doesn't act like the elementary-schooler she is. For one thing, she thinks like an adult, and for another she's more independant than a second-grader would be. I'm pretty sure a second-grader wouldn't question the purchase of a phone for one her age, or be upset with someone for bullying someone else (unless that person was their friend to begin with).

Also, I don't think that a parent of a second-grader would be so quick to dismiss concerns relating to her child's behavior, no matter who it is that's complaining about it, ESPECIALLY when there is a child outside the family involved (for fear of tarnishing the family name).

And how is it that Casey knows about Cole's power? He was so nervous about telling his psychiatrist - why would he share his darkest secret with a kid who's not even trying to help him? A kid who's related to his tormentor? A kid who's a GIRL? (Although maturity might be taking care of that last one.)

All in all, I think that this fanfic could use some character developement. But your writing is much better than most, so don't give up on the idea!
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 2 . 9/24/2009
I love it. I can't wait to read more and yay to someone liking Cole! Update soon, please!
Angelfirenze chapter 2 . 12/2/2008
So, I take it this takes place after the movie when Cole has come to terms with his gift? I hope you continue this story. I'm very interested in seeing where it goes.

The prose could use some patching up, but it's not mangled so it's passable - especially when compared to webspeak. *shudder*
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Wow, Tammisimo's mother is an idiot. Casey reads a little strangely to me in that her thoughts sound like those of a much older person, but if she's anything like Cole then I suppose it would make sense. Either way, empathy would work in their favor toward becoming friends. This is a very interesting start. I hope you continue it past the second chapter.
Swing Girl At Heart chapter 2 . 8/19/2008
This is...amazing. I am a HUGE fan of the Sixth Sense (i authored a fic of my own, Touch of the Dead) and I have read all the fanfictions that I've been able to find on this site and elsewhere. Yours, although short, is one of the best I've read. Not to mention it brings a very new scenario - Tommy having a sister. Kudos to you! The only thing, though, is that it's very unclear how old the characters are in Chapter 2. It's also a little confusing as to what exactly is wrong with Casey, but I'm guessing she's got epilepsy. Am I right? Anyway, I'm looking forward to updates!