Reviews for Little Sister
morgman chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Beautifully written. You captured the tragedy between brother and sister perfectly and I must admit I shed a tear for Zuko at the end. It's rare to find such a story on this site and I hope I can find more like it in the future.
Deleted Account Blank chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Nice, story. I think it is great that you wrote something about Zuko and Azula before Zuko was banished where they were friends not vicious enemies. It is also sad were their relationship is never repared, but it also makes the story. The ending made it very tragic and yet some how made the story better.
Lady Redemption chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Wow. That was...wow. I am seriously speechless right now. This was an absolutely amazing, well-written oneshot. There was so much emotion, so much feeling to it, and Zuko was so in-character that I am honestly crying right now. It's that beautiful and tragic.

Zuko and Azula's relationship here is so real, and I can really imagine it really being this way, especially all their interactions before the series starts. I've always wondered what had happened between them when their family "was actually happy."

Zuko and Azula's Agni Kai is definitely my favorite scene from the finale, and Azula's breakdown has suddenly made her one of my favorite characters. So I loved seeing the kinder side of Azula in this story.

Excellent, excellent job on this! I am definitely adding this to my favorites.
MarisolM chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
seriously, i thought i was the only one who felt heart-wrenched and had to practically cover my eyes in that Agni Kai between Azula and Zuko, but i'm glad i wasn't alone. the tragic music in that scene definitely hinted to us another side of these siblings' relationship. i've always wanted to emphasize that *other* side (which i might actually do in a fic) but i loved your writing and the idea you had here. kudos.
maiko122 chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Great story. I never really thought about Azula and Zuko being friends but it makes sense, she couldn't have been born evil (well maybe). I like how you go through the transformation; it's really powerful. The final Agni Kai btw Zuko and Azula was so gut wrenching. I kept thinking yeah she's a crazy power hungry so and so but they're still brother and sister. Oh the angst! Great job of capturing that here
snickerdoodle12 chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
I was wondering why the Maiko died in TDATD. :)

Okay, so, this...this is a work of art. Seriously. Amazing beyond words.

It's like it takes you on an emotional roller coaster of the sibling's relationship,

and you can absolutely see everything in your head as you read it.

I'm not kidding, the ending left me with tears in my eyes and I felt like I held my breath through everything.

Again, I can't even describe this. Unbelievable.
card castles chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
""They all lied. Mother, Father. Mai, Ty Lee, the girls who adored me at the Academy. Liars, all of them." She glanced at me once more, a strange look in her lifeless eyes. "You're a liar, too.""

No hypocrisy there, Azula.

Anyway, this was a wonderful oneshot. Everyone was so IC and your idea of what Azula's childhood was like seemed plausible. I absolutely loved this.
Nychothomas chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
This story is fantastic, sad but brilliant. You have done a great job portraying Zuko and Azula's relationship, past and future. I slightly disagree however on their relationship during zuko's brief return to the fire nation. I believed azula did show genuine concern for her brother on several occasions, be it in an azula-esque way. But then again you did write it as Zuko's POV. I doubt he realized azula's concern at all, as he never returned anything ut suspicion. I guess he might have thought she was mocking him. Hence you can disregard my disagreeal.

The agni kai was indeed the most brilliant part of the finale, I didn't care too much about the kiss though (I hate clich├ęs)
crystal.elements chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Wow. Wow, Meg. That was...unbelievable.

Words can't describe it, honestly. How do you do it? It's so in depth, so full of...emotions. It makes the finale so, so much better.

I am so sorry that I can't say much more. But I honestly can't find the right words to describe how amazing this way. This Zuko/Azula relationship was beyond spectacular. That's all I can say. Great, GREAT job. Seriously.

And of course...I look forward to the next chapter of TDATD. :)
LavenderHillLove chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Amazing story you are a very good writer.
razzledazzle41191 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
You SO did the Zuko/Azula relationship justice, this was a beautiful piece! I loved how you started with the past and how that built to the present and even future. You really captured how sad Azula's story is.

The part where Zuko is thinking about Azula and her lies with the "Azula always lies" repetition was so cool.
j3nny chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
very sweet and yet so very sad. nice job.
Davis 51 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Wow. This was a really good oneshot.

I'm going to be honest. I've been reading TDATD since Chapter 1. It was one of the first fanfics I started following. And you did an excellent job, though even I was starting to get a bit puzzled by the way Mai and Zuko acted. You more than make up for that with this one.

However, it's not too late to fix TDATD. When a fanfiction is being written, it's not over until the last chapter is written. I've seen many fics fluctuate between chapters. Some turn out alright in the end, and some don't.

Keep an eye on your PM Box. I've got a few constructive criticisms to fix your 'problems' (if you can call them that) with TDATD. You don't have to listen to them, but if you do, it may help you remedy the ship.