Reviews for Still A Kid
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
This was your first KH fic? I wouldn't have guessed! :D It's so well-written, and Yuffie and Sora are so in-character!
leave me alone already chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
The promise of a Yuffie-centric story, along with Yuffie/Sora friendship, is always good in my book. 8Db So, I want to keep this review pretty long, but might cut it off again-if it does, I guess I'll just PM it to you.

Your grasp on Yuffie is pretty good, and, surprisingly, your Sora is, too. I like the little details about Yuffie's ninja training, and how she just might be the strongest of them all, but she hides it because she feels as if she has a greater use than kicking butt. You've got a very good skeleton of her character, which I suppose was the point, haha. xD Another good thing is how she tries to cheer up Sora, too, even Sora's nightmares.

[I'm going to assume you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism here, seeing as it is a character study.] Now, while your basics are good, it's a little... rushed. Vague. Sometimes I felt like I read the same thing before-because some of these details, like her sunny nature cheering up the Traverse Town gang-have been done before.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Actually, it's a great thing, because then you get to make it your own. What I'd recommend is, if you're up to it, writing the whole thing, everything you've outlined here, in first person. Get inside Yuffie's head. Use her quirky voice to say the same things you have, along with her crazy commentary [well, the commentary thing might only be here because I can't write Yuffie without her using insane metaphors and loads of sarcasm xD;] and ninja references. Make it original, make it your own-make it Yuffie's.

I'm saying this because, in my opinion at least, in order to really grasp a character, you have to go /beyond/ beyond what's given in the game. Essentially, they need to become your own character, instead of someone you're writing from the game. You need to adapt a certain way of writing them-still IC!-to really bring them to life. You've already started, and I'd love it if you finished. You've already showed me that you can write something like this. So why not? 83

...Aha... like that didn't go kind of off track. In short: Making fun of Sora's shoes is my favorite pastime. 8Db
SecretAgent99 chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
This was nice. I liked the begining where it talked about Yuffie can think of 5 ways to kill a person with a nail made me laugh.