Reviews for Houses of the Holy
InfinityEngine chapter 3 . 9/21/2008
“Will I be using weights to train my taijutsu, Pain? I heard ninjas in Konoha use them sometimes. They sound really cool and help you become really strong!”

“No, absolutely not."

Ha! Take that, stereotypical weight-training!

Good story. Keep going.
yojorocks chapter 4 . 9/21/2008
Very, very nice story; I love how you are able to portray characters as human, instead of the monsters that most fics seem to present. You manage to keep their goals intact while avoiding this... Hitler-esque mentality most people apply to the Ataksuki. Very good job, although I have to admit that Konan kinda grew on me, and I have missed her interaction lately.

On a critical note, with how isolated Naruto is, he seems to be surprisingly well adjusted socially. I would expect him to have trouble talking to new people, being as isolated as he is. There is no way he could truly remember his childhood in Kohona, so I would think that a brief blurb about Konan talking to him about how to interact with people he doesn't know would fit very well. Remember, he is in isolation, and has been for some time. Sure, he can play with his shadow clones, but it's not quite that different from an imaginary friend. He should show some sort of symptoms of isolationary behavior. Even scorned, in canon-land he was able to watch and absorb "normal" human interaction between shopkeepers and customers, friends and enemies, lovers and families. You mentioned Konan was often gone on missions, and Pain seems to be filling a father-like figure, but he has to be socially screwed up from the lack of other types of interaction. Keep this in mind as you progress; regardless of how smart he is, he cannot mimic what he has no experience with. Books and scrolls can in no way compensate for this lack in his life. /end rant

Regardless, overall it seems like a very high quality story, and I look forward to more of it. Keep up the good work.
Geonitz chapter 4 . 9/21/2008
Naruto raised by Akatsuki done right!

Thank god.
Nathan chapter 4 . 9/21/2008
I think this may be my favorite Naruto/Akatsuki fic. But with so much terrible, terrible crap out there, that isn't really difficult. Even so, awesome story. I think you're developing Naruto quite nicely, and I can't wait to see how he's going to end up. I'm also looking forward to the introduction of other Akatsuki members and just other canon characters in general. I like seeing how they develop and interact in stories like these where Naruto isn't around in Konoha. I'm curious as to whether the story will ever pop over into Konoha to see how things are going, or if the first introductions will be when Naruto returns.
Taliath chapter 4 . 9/21/2008
Absolutely brilliant. I can't believe it's taken me this long to find your fic. I do think it's partly the fault of your title, though. To be honest, the title sounded so bland that I almost didn't click on it. But now I'm glad I have. This fic is phenomenal in its originality, creativity, yet coherence with canon. You've done extremely well. Keep up the great work.
Xoroth chapter 4 . 9/20/2008
Great story. Since this story will essentially follow canon, whose place will Naruto take over in Akatsuki?
Gmusick chapter 4 . 9/20/2008
Excellent story. Keep up the great work.
Sir Chris chapter 4 . 9/19/2008
A word of advice, Mr. Writer, such thinly veiled whining about lack of reviews is well below the quality of work you manage to produce. Yes, that was a backhanded compliment, as I find almost nothing wrong with your story, it is inspired, original and captivates my hard to captivate attention, I am adding you to my alert list and await the next chapter eagerly. Your characterization is quite well done, and it is pleasing on the mind.

But please don't complain about reviews, it is useless and degrades you. People usually, at least I don't, read stories under a certain length, you probably notice now that you are above forty thousand words in the search perimeter you are getting more reviews. That will continue to be the case.

Sorry if I am harsh, but I am a bastard.

Great reading so far, have loved every minute of it.

- Chris
iSuccubus chapter 4 . 9/18/2008
Once again, this was a great chapter! The Madara/Naruto/Kyuubi confrontation was introduced abit early, but it had to get outta the way sooner or later. And hooray for the time skip thats gonna appear next chapter! What kills stories for me is, they drag Naruto's infant years(5-12) on and on detailing everything-which tends to be 15k-24k words of lameness. Sure its great to have a detailed descriptions of Naruto's training, but only so much! I was joyed that he met the six paths of pain D Even happier that three new canon chars are about to be intro'd , hopefully their akatsuki members Now that 2 years will have passed, and new characters are joining the party, how about some more action? Pwease?
iSuccubus chapter 3 . 9/18/2008
Liked the training between pain/Naruto.
iSuccubus chapter 2 . 9/18/2008
Excellent chapter! The interactions between Konan and Naruto are great, and touching 3 I know that you said that romance wont play a large role in your story, but can you drop a hint as to who Naruto will/may be with?
daprodigalson chapter 4 . 9/18/2008
i have no complaints or critisicm to offer! it's just been that well written.

All i can say is that you have written another great chapter!
iSuccubus chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Im happy that I saw this story, its amazing and has an excellent plot- thats unfolding. Its true, their arnt many, if any note worthy akatsuki!Naruto fics out there. Keep at it!
subpar chapter 4 . 9/18/2008
Well as of right now this is definitely my favorite Naruto fiction out there. I like the pace and ideas behind the story; you set everything up nicely but didn't progress at a snails pace. I can't really think of anything negative to say; seeing as I've never read any Pain/Konan characterizations and I tend to stay away from the anime. Can't wait for the next installment. :)
Mugen23 chapter 4 . 9/18/2008