Reviews for The Ties That Bind
jesi ki kage chapter 30 . 12/23/2014
Love it. That is all. Okay so actually this was a really interesting whorl wind of a story with tons of cute scenes and face-palms alike. Totally think the whole Bes/Hotaru thing is hilarious by the way. Great job and thanks for writing! -Jesi Ki Kage
Carameldynr chapter 30 . 7/18/2014
I love your twist of the shitennou reincarnation! Great story!

P.S. Ami is kinda like Rei here haha where's the timid girl gone to?
MissWitch250 chapter 5 . 5/7/2014
I came here expecting fluff, and what you've created is an epic story worthy of canon. Good job.
Red-Elephant chapter 30 . 3/30/2014
I can't tell you how much I love this story. Right from the first chapter I knew I'd found something good & to my absolute delight, I was right! & its 30 chapters long & its finished. Very happy!

I loved the premise of the story & the new enemy but most of all I loved your characterisation. I completely agree with your AN from the last chapter about the stereotypes of the Shittenou & I believe you did them justice for it was one of the best portrayals I've read. Jade was perhaps the first jadeite I've ever truely liked & the way he handled Rei was fantastic. I also liked that he had the role of giving guidance to the other men. It made sense. Zoe & Amy were the highlight of this story for me. The scene with Amy & Mina discussing Zoe's age was particularly good, I haven't laughed so hard in ages. I love love loved their first meeting & when they were both spying on each other- delightfully perfect! Their ending was also perfect, unexpected & very very funny.
The only character I didn't quite agree on was Nephrite (sorry having a mind blank on his name). I always pictured him being more brutish...or something. CharlieChaplin2 does an amazing Nephrite, but this is only my opinion & in no way detracts from your story. I adored Makoto & again, their last scene was fantastic.
I liked that Usagi still saved the day. & I liked Haruka's interaction with the Shittenou & especially Jade.
I just really like this story! Thank you for a great read. Now to check out your other stories.
Jiffie chapter 30 . 7/15/2013
Wow, I love this, the girls were so funny, I can see the loving friendship from the very begining, you are so good at righting silly girls that love to have fun. But what I really want to point out was the SxS pairing, I enjoy that you didn't have them all blindly in love with each other. When I read SxS pairing stories, the couples always do things separately, and it makes me feel as if the group aren't even friends, or barely know/hang out with each other. But you bring the whole family together, while not making them smoother each other and "conveniently" be in the same place (because everyone gotta be there for everything! *sarcasm*). My favorite Senshi, and pairing is Ami, with Zoisite respectively, and though I can read all day about them, it was refreshing to see that they weren't constantly around just each other, and interacted with their respective group (unlike some solo AxZ stories might do), same with the others, I just point out the AxZ pairing because it's my favorite C:.

Also, I know the pairings are practically absolute (Mina with Kunzite, Rei with Jedite, Makoto with Nephlite, Ami with Zoisite), but I love that you don't make them attached at the hip, and not saying it was romantic, but you have the men and women interact with everyone, and not just their lover. It's refreshing, because just because a person is in love, doesn't mean they can't have personal/solo interaction with another. The world seemed a lot more realistic that way, and that was nice. I read a bunch of SxC fanfiction where the couples only interacted with each other, so much so where even their team loyalty was questioned. I like knowing that the scouts and generals minds aren't only on their partner, and they can work well with the other scouts and generals.

Also, major cool points for the names, you don't know the huge sigh of relief I had when I first saw the Shitonue had such unique names (quite frankly I don't think Zoisite has ever been called anything other than Zach/Zack -_-, Zoi/Zoy/Zoe is a perfectly fine, even a very popular boy's name, and I don't understand why it's never used, I was shocked that you did. Also Jedite doesn't get much creativity in the naming department, either...). All I can fine these days are those names you listed, and I personally find them repulsive as well (sort of like naming a character Bob, never acceptable, just too average, unless there is proper reason, and the person is made fun of at least once...).
Guest chapter 30 . 7/6/2013
This was such a good story! Zoe/Ami's epilogue was hilarious, and Haruka's meddling was the cherry on top. Love the universe you created, and your own characters were nice as well. :D
Sleepyreader319 chapter 30 . 6/1/2013
That was great! I love senshi and shintennou pairings!
tomorrow4eva chapter 30 . 3/17/2013
That was very well done. I really enjoyed your story. I liked the relationships, the struggles, and I agree that there needs to be some kind of brainwashing or something to really make this work as a romance.
angeljme chapter 4 . 11/23/2012
now that line about calling Neph uncle was funny!
Lagrimas-del-Cielo chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
I freakin love Love LOVE this story! It is just so beautifully awesome, thank you so much for writing this beautiful piece of art.
Nara1214 chapter 28 . 2/5/2012
I love this story. I read it over and over again all the time. do u think you could write a story about Bes and Hotaru? I love that couple _

Minirowan chapter 30 . 10/25/2011
This was amazing! The plot was unique and the idea of gods and their avatars was genius. I absolutely loved this story! You portrayed the relationships as realistically as possible and the gettogethers were sometimes so funny I almost burst out laughing. I don't have much to else to say other than praise...

I do wonder though, why do you think the Shitennou betrayed Endymion and their beloved Senshi? I can't think of any reasonable explanation to sever such deep ties. It just boggles my mind when I try to reason it out.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this story and doing such an amazing job!
Angelically Scarred chapter 30 . 5/13/2011
Great job with this story! I really enjoyed reading it.
Boredom Queen of Insanity chapter 30 . 3/28/2011
Took me a while to read, but I loved every moment of it! Bravo! Job well done!
ForestGuardian311 chapter 30 . 1/14/2011
Very nicely done!

I enjoyed every minute of this. Funny you should use Egyptian gods' names because my main obssession right now is the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom...Anyway, it was very nice reading about the "reincarnated" Shitennou, and I think you portrayed that very well. I found it amusing that Zoicite, er, Zoe was so young, since Jadeite is supposed to be the youngest of the four, but I did like those explanations by Rei-chan and Ami-chan...

All in all, very wonderful story!