Reviews for A Modest Proposal
Boradwaygirl21 chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
Too lazy to log on... Blah, blah, blah.

Anyways, this was perfect! You captured Barney spectacularly well! Awesome job!
snnowfrostt chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
So awesome *.* I love it!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
I really really liked this story! It is totally something that he would do! Awesome!
Lady Shaye chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Awww...you basically just listed all the reasons that Barney and Robin CAN and SHOULD be together. But they aren't. You just reminded me of that. Now I am sad.

But such a great fic!
Fantastical Fwooper chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
hahahaaa. i LOVE this. especially the end. :D
Viktorija chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I loved it:))Great job!
Kite chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Very cute. I enjoyed it despite Robin and Barney not getting together. Just one little crit: You mostly nailed Barney's character, but I would think he'd be a bit more upset that Robin doesn't want to get together with him. I've never met anyone who isn't upset by the "let's just be friends" line. But thumbs up, anyway.
LadyNightWriter chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
I could so see that happening on the show! Honestly! Great job. I think you really captured the characters correctly, like someone said. I love Robin/Barney to death, but my only qualm is Barney possibly losing his awesome-no one wants that. But I think you did this in a way that didn't interfere with that. Excellent, my friend! You have earned your story an add to my favorites!

~LNW
IGottaFindYou chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Nice!
secondmezzanine chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
They totally SHOULD come with a "watch out we are amazingly attractive" warning! I love how you write these characters- they're hilarious (""See how your smouldering, smoky sexiness offsets my puckish, rascally charm? You can’t teach that, Scherbatsky. That’s inborn.") but also totally real and sexy as hell. I love it!
eli chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
just to tell you the title a modest proposal is the name on a saterical essay written in the 1700's about eating babies, and everytime i see this title i laugh lol
just jacs chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
wow that was really, really good. I loved that you had them both perfectly in character
Odichanhotmail.com chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Adorable.

"When we’re next to each other, we should come with a warning."

Such a Barney line, awesome job!
Counter Spark chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
WOW! That fic was legen...wait for it...DARY! Seriously! I just started watching this show this summer (nothing to do but rent box sets of shows and watch them all at once), and I love it, and I love the idea of Barney and Robin. I mean, I'm only on S1, but I think I heard that they're together on the show right now. Or might be. I dunno. But basically I just wanted to give you a congratulatory pat for getting down the character of Barney so amazingly well. There's nothing I hate more when people are OOC in fanfic. So good job. Loved it!
Rashaka chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Just as much fun to read the second time!

-"It’s not right, you know it. What about Ted? If we did this, he wouldn’t speak to either of us ever again."

-"He’d get over it."

That reminds me of how disappointed I was when I watched The Goat, and Ted's initial reaction of "It's been a year since Robin and I went out, she can date whoever she wants" was so reasonable, mature, and sensible, that his wait-for-it anger reaction just came off WRONG somehow. Disappointing.