Reviews for Reward Enough
Liz Bach chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I always enjoy your stories so much, but I don't always review. I just had to respond to this one. You balance the brothers so well, and you keep them so close to character while pushing just enough the limits of what I think they would actually say or how they would actually react on the show. Writing like yours is why I read fanfiction. Just the perfect amount of added angst and vulnerability that we don't always get to see on the show, but that I could imagine still being possible on like a "very special episode of Supernatural" or something. ;) I don't know if I'm making any sense. I think I'm trying to say that you keep them real enough that I always remain completely on board even when they stray a little bit out of their established levels of angst/love/touching/emoting/etc.

At any rate, I loved this piece, and it's going directly into my favorites. These lines were sublime: "Sam's smile was equal parts sympathetic and amused. And for a minute, Dean almost forgot about everybody else in the room."

I do have to be a little brat and point out one tiny thing I noticed when I was reading. Dean's out scouting the Beets farm, and he pulls "a quick 360 in the mud" to head back to town. If he pulled a 360 he would just be facing the same direction in which he started... ;)

Again, this was a great story. I loved it. And I love how you can make me care about Dean. You're one of the only authors who can. I am strictly and unapologetically a Sam-girl, but you always make me love and worry about Dean. :)

Liz
reading chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Aw, I love these ones where people are thankful for being saved! Poor tired, discouraged Dean. So yea for some love. Plus, I thought it was great how discombobulated Dean was when people did know. Very sweet.
lili20 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Cool story, thanks once again. I liked the fact that the town people helped at the end and that Dean's faith in human kind was restored somehow.
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I can't tell you how much I love your updates. How long will you keep them up? I have to admit, I was having a pretty crappy day until I checked my email. And then, sigh, a bit of peace and happiness just a click away to sooth the ache of reality. Seriously, you're good for me on days like today - your fics are like therapy :)

Now, for the story. I know I've said it over and over about some (well, most) of your other stories, but I seriously LOVED it. Although it's bad for the brothers, it's kinda neat to see the parts that sometimes the show leaves out. Namely, not being liked or understood by "normal" people. I sometimes wonder how in the show the boys can go from place to place and seemingly be unnoticed by anyone. I mean, I know they're good, but come on. Suspicious and good-looking boys like that just showing up in town when trouble starts - they can't blend in that easily. This is very realistic how it might be in real life. But my favorite part was when Sam threw himself into the portal and held it up. I could just picture it in my mind's eye. I was on the edge of my seat, literally! Fantastic work, my friend!
Michelle Knight 1188 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I loved this, especially the interaction between the brothers. Now that I think about it, it's weird that Sam and Dean don't get wrongly blamed more often for people's deaths on the show. It's nice that the townspeople finally appreciated them (especially the appearing baskets of food, lol). Great story.
killer bambi chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
hey! nice fic XD

it really put into perspective how hard the boys' life are...

oh, "K Hanna Koross" beneath ur title...i think u forgot a 'y'

(ignore this if it's intentional:P)

hoping to read more fics from u :D
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
This was wonderful. The scene of the recently rescued townspeople saving and cradling Sam was especially tender.
amyblair chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Ha, ha, Peter Parker. That's funny.

I don't know how you find the time to respond to all the peeps that review you, but you do and that is really appreciated. So, the portal is open and thanks for sticking in it and thanking us back. You so entertain us and it may not be saving our lives, but it still counts for a lot.
Rat chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I love case fics! And you wrote this one perfectly. I really enjoyed the angst about the angry towns people starting to rake on Dean's nerves. What they are doing they can't tell anyone, and to the world they just look like two-bit criminals; young men dressed in second hand clothes looking for their next victim to scam, or worse. Great story, and great ending.
shelby02 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
What a great story. I loved that the end result was that Dean's faith in the goodness of most people was restored and that the importance of "saving people and hunting things" was reaffirmed.
Harrigan chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Happy sigh.

Of many, many choices lines, I think one of my favorites this time was:

“Everything’s okay.”

And his brother had power and magic of his own, because saying that always made it so.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Great story. Small towns really do everything about everybody. I should know, considering I graduated in a class of forty.
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Really great story. I loved the hunt, the idea of a portal and the boys needing to carry out a ritual to free the trapped people.

The way the townspeople had been nervous and wary of them seemed very accurate to me. No doubt two men in a shiny muscle car cruising around when people are going missing, especially in towns with small communities, means they are going to be met with some degree of trepidation. So true and so sad for the brothers.

I loved the way the town accepted them at the end...sometimes it nice to read stories where people find out the truth and realize the boys are to thank for their lives having been saved.

Great story, I loved it. Liz x