Reviews for The Vampire Detective
Shadewolf7 chapter 13 . 2/28/2015
Oh, this is so far from cannon that I'm cringing over how much I enjoyed it! You're awesome. Just saying.
Guest chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
SanctuaryforNiko chapter 13 . 8/24/2012
Hello! Great story! Please continue the sequel please please please please please please
shadowphantomness chapter 9 . 5/31/2012
Well, this was a very exciting chapter. I like the focus on Akako because I've always wondered about her. And, I'm very glad that Kaito was able to call Shinichi in for help although if Aoko's been kidnapped by the Black Organization and Shinichi needs to come over to help while calling Hattori and also Ran is there, and Hakuba is still mostly out of the loop so that isn't good... yeah. Well, I shall read on!
shadowphantomness chapter 8 . 5/31/2012
Thank goodness that Shinichi has someone to talk to, besides Hattori, and Kuroba and he both have in common that they want to bring the Black Organization down. I do like the idea of Kaito's mom being cool and knowing that he is Kid! But yes, Kid really does not care that Shinichi is a vampire - but he also doesn't want him to be in any more danger, despite being a vampire. Oh well... friendship is weird like that.
shadowphantomness chapter 7 . 5/31/2012
Well, at least Kid got to talk to Shinichi, though this chapter seemed rather disjointed...
shadowphantomness chapter 6 . 5/31/2012
I like AI's scientific explanation for the regeneration ability Shinichi now has, and I'm sure *any* girl who has ever PMS'd can attest to the validity of chocolate as a cure for blood loss. I'm glad, though, because chocolate is a lot easier to carry around than blood bags. I still feel very sorry for Ran... and also for Shinichi, because it must be hard for him to deal with still being a vampire...
shadowphantomness chapter 5 . 5/31/2012
This is very interesting! I do think that Heiji and Shinichi can sense each other in a vague detective friends bond sort of way, but poor Kazuha... and I'm glad Ran didn't beat Shinichi up, and that she seems to be accepting him.
shadowphantomness chapter 4 . 5/31/2012
Well, thank goodness getting some blood inside of him helped. But it looks like Shinichi now has super-speed and healing, and well, Ran overheard everything. I'm not sure how she will react, since Shinichi-is-back-as-a-vampire might be worse than Shinichi was lying to her about being Conan all this time...
shadowphantomness chapter 3 . 5/31/2012
Well, at least Shinichi is somewhat calm, although even though he didn't confess what happened to Ai or the Professor, I assume that they pieced it out - ah, they saw his fangs, even in the dark. I see. I love the way you write Ai as very clinical and detached. Sometimes, that helps calm panicked detectives down. And Unobo has been arrested, which is good... but he almost went after Ran. Thank goodness that Shinichi was able to save her!
shadowphantomness chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
Hattori is taking the whole 'Conan-turned-into-Shinichi-as-a-vampire' story rather well. For that matter, I surmised Conan would return to his normal body once changed, but how long does it last? And why are those other two vampires stalking the murderer vampire? Questions, questions...
shadowphantomness chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
All right, this is quite interesting. I always like it when a little supernatural gets into the DC-verse. I can't say I'm surprised a murder happened, though. And, well, it is kind of creepy that the blood Conan founds starts to fizzle and disappear in the sunlight! Did Unobo-san kill Sawada-san, and is he a vampire? Onto the next chapter!
bobbyneko chapter 4 . 5/28/2012
It just sucks how Conan wasnt able to have that last breakfast of Ran's.

Im re-reading this fic for the unth time and thought Id mention that.
Shara Raizel chapter 13 . 12/3/2011
this was a really interesting story. at first i wasn't sure if i wanted to continue reading it, but you wrote it in such a way I was intrigued. _ i love the ending and that the three detectives and kaito had to work together to save aoko. it was a really fun story to read and i'm glad i didn't stop.
adamjb chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
This story seemed to lose its way after Kudo met Kaito Kid at Kaito Kid's home, but up until then it was a very enjoyable read.

A few other complaints:

Most of the characters seemed extremely quick to believe and accept that Kudo was a vampire. There should have been more disbelief and stronger overall reactions. Kudo being a vampire quickly became mundane because everyone learns about and accepts it, nobody treats him any differently, and his life changes very little. Introduction of the supernatural to Detective Conan world should have ripped Kudo's world view to shreds, and it should have taken effort to put it back together.

You also mix a lot of random Japanese into your story. I know what all of the words mean, but they take away from the immersion instead of adding to it. When a character has been speaking perfect 'English' and then suddenly they say something simple in Japanese, it just sounds weird and throws me out of the story.

Hope that this was constructive criticism. Good luck in your future writing endeavors.