Reviews for Those Left Behind
whitedragon2645 chapter 31 . 8/18/2014
Can you help me at all? I've tried SO hard to find the manga somewhere, but I haven't been able to. Can you just tell me whether or not Ushiro dies in the manga? I've read a lot of conflicting things that say that either he died, or he was the next Dung Beetle, but I've only seen the anime so I'm not sure. If you could tell me that would be great.
This was really really good! It's always nice to hear about the people left behind-I feel like sometimes there's not enough of that. Well done!

Thanks,
-WD2645
Theralion chapter 31 . 9/25/2013
This was an excellent collection of short stories. They did a good job of getting inside the characters' heads, and exploring the emotional impact of what they've been through. There was also very effective description and good attention to detail.

Some of my favorites were:

-Day 3: This is a nice look at Ushiro's reasons for sticking around in the manga.

-Day 9: This was a nice one for Ushiro and Kana. Machi's death scene was one of the more moving ones for me from the anime.

-Day 17: This nicely expanded on Waku's family, from the limited amount we know about them.

-Day 18: I liked seeing Kokopelli's perspective. If I recall correctly, though, part of the problem was that there was a surplus of pilots, which essentially meant that some could get by without dying if they didn't get chosen before the end. It also says something about that group of pilots when Dung Beetle says the main cast turned out relatively well compared to them.

-Day 22: I liked returning to the Komodas in the wake of Takami's death. It might also have been nice to take a look at Mrs. Komoda in the anime, who lost her husband and her daughter in the same day.

-Day 27. One thing I found interesting in the manga was how Chizu's family reacted to knowing that she'd deliberately killed people, and remorselessly caused massive collateral damage in the process. They understand what happened to her and sympathize, but they also recognize that many of the people Chizu killed were also innocent victims.

-Chapter 31: This was an effective capstone to the entire series, and did a good job of summing up the entire set of stories.

The quotes at various points were quite fitting.

It was also a good decision to draw from both the Bokurano anime and the manga, particularly in how each showed some characters and events differently (for example, Machi's final fate in the anime is essentially "Redemption Equals Death", whereas she is, somewhat surprisingly, senselessly murdered in the manga). The parts of the late manga that showed what happened to the families of the pilots also made for some excellent material that you did a good job of expanding on.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed reading this, and look forward to other works by you in the future.
Zyar chapter 31 . 6/30/2012
You did an amazing job with every chapter, a poignant fic for a poignant chapter.
I specially liked Anko's and Komo's chapters, since they were my favorite kids and their arcs were marvelous (I'm talking only about the manga here, I kind of hate the anime), and at the end, their dads finally showed them that love.

Nothing else to say, great story :)
Savannah chapter 31 . 6/20/2011
Amazing. Absolutely fantastic. You captured the spirit of the story so easily in just 31 one-shots. I wish I could write like this.
Stripe chapter 31 . 1/28/2011
Ah, just finished this series and had the sudden urge to read some one-shots for it. Then I stumbled upon this one-shot collection, and viola! There were thirty-one excellent one-shots for me to read. I really loved each and every story here: particularly the last one and the list of the chairs.

So thank you very much for doing fic for this wonderful series. c:
kryuzei chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Thank you...Thank you so much for creating this fic.
Sonar chapter 4 . 9/30/2010
I loved the bottom half of it.
Sonar chapter 3 . 9/29/2010
I found that to be quite angsty and tragic in a sense.
Sonar chapter 2 . 9/29/2010
That was rather interesting.
Sinnatious chapter 31 . 9/25/2010
What an appropriate place to end this series of shorts. There are precious few Bokurano pieces out there on the net, and I feel comfortable in saying that this one is far and away the best.

I was surprised to see that you continued it! It has been a while since I finished reading the manga, so it was difficult to remember some of the names, but I still really enjoyed the insights into those left behind. Thank you for writing this, and congratulations! 31 of these is no small feat.
Wait What WHOA chapter 27 . 9/18/2010
This was beautiful. All 27 chapters. It makes me sad that not many people have seen/read Bokurano, and it makes me sadder that this fanfic has so few reviews. I'm looking forward to reading more!
T chapter 15 . 12/6/2009
Amazing story you have here. I especially love how you include the story line of the manga and anime; both were very well done versions.

I wish you luck with your writing. I'm very interested in reading more of these short fics. What you lack in length you make up for with quality, which is a talent very few people have.

Thanks for the good read!

-T
MaverickBuff chapter 15 . 11/14/2009
Well, it looks like I have managed to stumble on a very neat find. I like all your one-shots. You managed to give depth into the characters, and beautifully so. Your fics are arguably very short, and simple, but straight to the point and thought-provoking. You sure have interesting ideas on characters who played minor roles in the story. 'As I break this chair' is probably my personal favourite, a very interesting talk on the story.

I enjoyed this story very much. I hope that you will eventaully write some more.
melodybutterfly chapter 15 . 10/20/2009
this chapter was really good talking about the chairs and what it ment to each of them and how they felt was a brilliant idea.

thanks for the brilliant chapter
Sehaltiel chapter 15 . 10/19/2009
Hello D

I'm here, as always ! To tell you the truth, I was really surprise to see there were three new chapters on my e-mail box ! I was happy 3

Well... Let's speak about the chapters, now !

These were great ! I really think you did a great job with this story. Because (or "thanks" ? XD) of you, I bought the sixth first mangas and I wasn't disappointed !

So, I tell you : thanks for this marvelous fanfic' ! I'll wait for the next ones impatiently !

P.S. : I'm not sure what I wrote had sense, so forgive-me if it's not the case XD