Reviews for Trial By Tenderness
Maztema chapter 33 . 9/6
Definely this fic is not for everyone, i could never recomend it, definely its something you should found by yourself, this is simply one of the most incredible settings that could be done, but really you need to set aside the manga story, the manga background works as a start point, but definely it gets its own life, the characters personas flaws are setting to the max, and this is done to get a diferent yet not out of character vibe from them, and Cevn, damn, its just too god damn interesting his character, also this is a fic you should not read mindlessly, you need to digest the chapters slowly to get all the meaning of the story.
Venikas chapter 76 . 12/11/2019
You truly loved this story didn't you?
CorruptedFlame chapter 1 . 8/6/2019
This is a bit ridiculous. Your self insert is some kind of drug addicted, depressed, molested-as-a-child, homeless as some point, dropout with no job or social connections at all, and YET he's trying to 'out-think' literal immortal goddesses and present himself as anything other than a complete loser?

We're on chapter one and it already feels Mary suey.
CorruptedFlame chapter 1 . 8/6/2019
"Once again I remembered the depression, the incest, the drug use..."

Mhmm mhmmwait a second. One of these things is not like the others.
DaMan chapter 170 . 5/8/2019
A great epos, one of the best and longest. Too bad it died.
Doctor of Writ chapter 1 . 3/29/2018
To those that wouldst dare to come against the grand novelty that is Trial by Tenderness, I have a message for ye!

You are nothing more than callow low borne shrimp of ages, you will be surpassed in your idiocy by those who are far more greater then you. Low borne jealous of those who are greater does naught but shows your morals and lack of generality in understanding nuances of life.

Cven has shown something unique in his wanderings in this beguiling story, that all is sacred and that a story can tell words without speaking. This story is legendary and shall remain long legendary after we are all bone and dry in the ground. Others will find upon this story hope, and know that they too have something to live for.

Low and Callow borne as some of ye may be, you are forgiven in your ignorance you are weak minded because you know not what you do.
shadowklefki chapter 1 . 3/6/2018
You are unbelievably full of yourself. No doubt you think that every word that drops out of your keyboard is gold. The very prospect of you being a published author is worse than Meyer and EL James combined. Did you self-publish? Would be great to know what it was, so I can howl with laughter over that too.
Anonymous chapter 3 . 7/12/2017
Man , its really giving a glimpse of what addiction can be
5th Dimension chapter 1 . 9/1/2016
Your first chapter is a combination of pseudo-intellectual babbling and purple prose. You use too many words to describe simple concepts, and wax poetic, wasting time telling rather than showing. You avoid the word "said" too much, a mark of an amateur, using wasteful and pointless dialogue tags that distract rather than add.

There are times in which interesting concepts pop up. "Someone who's met real suffering" is an interesting thing to push into the Goddesses' lives, considering the slice of life nature of the manga. But when presented this way it makes me not care.

I skipped forwards to chapter 170 to see if it improves. Here's what I got (no real spoilers):
-A little less dense, but still wordy.
-None of the characters speak like themselves. They are all out-of-character. Even given potential changes to them, they all sound like the SAME character, with the same pseudo-intellectual tone.
-Still avoiding the word "said" in favor of wasteful and pointless dialogue tags.
-Self-inserts are not bad. But when you make them more powerful than the Almighty, they become Mary Sues. I don't care if it has a good reason, or if it plays a part in the plot. Your self-insert has deus ex machina abilities. When he says stuff like "I won't allow the Almighty to do X," and Belldandy confirms that he's capable of it, something is fundamentally wrong with your story, no matter how sad his backstory might be or what drawbacks might exist.
-Your self-insert has many traditional Mary Sue traits on top of being a reality warper.
-Apparently, time travel is involved at some point. That's generally not a plus.

You have over 2,000,000 words dedicated to this. I'm guessing 80% of that is due to wasteful behavior. If you decide to pick up this story again, learn to follow the Law of Conservation of Detail. Also known as the principle of "only what's necessary." And perhaps put some thought into it, if you care about your readers at all. If you don't, perhaps only write it for your own pleasure, and don't post it here.
A Story by Many Names chapter 1 . 7/14/2016
There was another way of saying this. But here's a new way: "All that we know and glory is but a story within a story." We all came from story. There's not much I can comment on yours Cevn, except that it's been an inspiration and unfortunately we all have our own times and places to attend to.
Galeiam chapter 1 . 1/15/2016
This intro chapters just seems so...Contrived.

The intellectual angle is just so forced on that every time he makes an introspective remark it only comes out like something found on google.
Champ11 chapter 10 . 4/27/2015
Bravo, this is one of the best SI stories I've ever read. Good work. I've only gotten to chapter 10, but if the past nine chapters are anything like the (as of now) 161 chapters ahead, you've got me hooked for the long haul.

Oh, by the way, congrats on your 100th story follow.
cko2 chapter 6 . 11/21/2014
Just started reading this after 6 chapters and just have to wow.
Zelenal chapter 170 . 8/28/2014
Congratulations. I haven't read a word of this but I just need to congratulate you on COMPLETELY SURPASSING THE WORD COUNTS EVERY OTHER WORK OF FICTION IN HISTORY. According to Wikipedia, the longest novel is "Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus" which, in French, is around 2,100,000 words long. The novel that currently holds the Guinness World Record is "À la recherche du temps perdu" which is only 1,267,069 words long (again, in French).

As you very well know, you've well surpassed both of these. Once again, congratulations.
BladeRy chapter 170 . 8/13/2014
Holy damn. I remember this story. Found the txt files on my pc saved from year 2002, it was a great story. Happy to see its not dropped.

Keep up the good work