Reviews for The Point of Divergence
dumdeedum chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I like this first chapter even though it's a bit melodramatic. Sakura seems OOC in her fury towards Naruto. Overall though, interesting plotline, good pacing and dialogue.
sertry chapter 32 . 3/15/2011
So cool...fucking awesome))) please continue)
reader chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
This is more a grammatical comment than a review. you may have caught this error in later chapters.

A Prodigy is a very gifted ninja.

"prodigal" however is not a positive word. It means "wastefully extravagant". It's often used in connection with a story from the Bible of a son who spends his inheritence and later returns home without any money, begging forgiveness. That's where the phrase "the prodigal son" comes from. The word carries a negative connotation and is not a compliment.

You use the word in phrases like "the prodigal ninjutsu user". Based on the fact that you describe Kakashi and Naruto like this, I think you're using this phrase in a positive way.

The word you should be using rather than "prodigal" is "prodigious".

Prodigious means "extraordinary in size, amount, extent, degree, force, etc.: a prodigious research grant", or even "abnormal or monstrous". it's a a positive word and a compliment when talking about someone's skills, or in this case, jutsus.

I love your story, but there's a couple word choices like this that make it hard to read sometimes. I'll try to point them out more.
sertry chapter 14 . 3/14/2011
one of the best stories i've read on fanfiction))
Maehl chapter 32 . 3/4/2011
Awesome! yeah just finished and it was trully awesome!

Felt bad about Suna though and woa, Sakura is the Sasuke!

Hope Kiri will become an ally though, cause I LOVE Mei Terumi!

thanks... sequel strts now
PastaSentient chapter 32 . 2/26/2011
Amazing story! Loved it! Onto read the sequel!
dimriver chapter 28 . 2/25/2011
Ha ha ha. Awesome. I cannot think of another fic I've read where the sannin fight together in Naruto's time.
dimriver chapter 25 . 2/23/2011
I love conspiracies and cover-ups. I'm enjoying your story.
Cloves chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
oh yeah i hope Sakura just die really hate her attitude..
e chapter 30 . 2/3/2011
you can't kill iruka. its like a rule of fanfiction
BowTechsniper chapter 32 . 2/1/2011
Love the story finally read it all. To bad Sakura went nuts in Waze. Looking forward to part 2
The Nomadic Ruler chapter 32 . 2/1/2011
Well this story has awed me to no end.

I spent the last few days reading this during any free time (and when i was supposed be doing work). When lee and tenten killed iruka i shed a tear, and i never cry. Huge thumbs up and hoping the next part is just as good
weeksauce chapter 31 . 1/31/2011
Wow, that was an interesting read ...

I think a lot of readers are missing a point when judging Sakura's position in the story. After Sasuke's death she's mentally ill, a condition Kakashi acknowledges ... However he basically leaves her to the Wolves - i.o.w. Danzo. Thus he's abandoning a comrade in need - in his own words: Utter trash.

That and the 'good guys' pathetic attempts at redeeming/helping her had me rooting for Sakura throughout the whole story. Her decent into madness and loss of compassion was the part that kept me reading.

I appreciate your clarifications in the epilogue, that your intent wasn't god-moding Naruto and bashing a psychotic Sakura, but showing a deeply unfair Naruto-Universe. You DID succeed in that, gloriously.

However I think you went overboard with the 'punishment' on Sakura and the 'rewards' for Naruto. It was way to consistent - of course Naruto would get bailed out, receive a super-sword, a hot chick etc. - while Sakura would of course loose her Mom, any chance at redemption or trust.

This made it difficult to actually care for the characters.

So, I think this is a great 'Start Of Darkness' storyline for Sakura, but in the end the rest of the story was rather uninteresting.

_
Skeleturd chapter 31 . 1/5/2011
This comment may be late but i think this story is a stepping stone for more great storys so i will sub and fave.
LOVEPOINT33 chapter 4 . 11/25/2010
Question: Why, at the bottom of the chapter, did Sakura have non-query dialogue capped with question marks?
869 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »