Reviews for The Point of Divergence
buzzbumble chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
No matter how good her control was or how brainy she is , if they have a mental problem like sakura she was extremely lucky she wasn';t killed because of her actions or kicked out of the ninja corps... I don't think lee could keep the secret for long about iruka and frankly i am more dissappointed by tenten's selfish attitutde. Something tells me danzou will still be an ass and maybe his contacts will spoil sakura attempts in kiri?
Suspect42 chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
...damn and this is a NarutoxIno fanfic...so Im guessing Ino will have to choose who to trust more...Sakura or Naruto but of course she will eventually see that Sakura is insane.
exarnecross chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
Nice. Nice end to the story. I so cant wait for the sequal.
LordLoverDuck chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
hell yeah! awesome chapter

request: more Naruto/Ino goodness please

also, damn you for killing Tsunami! (don't care about the drunk and the kid) why couldnt you have killed Danzo and the old farts instead? or better yet that pink/red headed whore!

anyway...

update soon please, i want to read more :D
Dr. Snakes MD chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
Great to finally see this finished. A solid ending to a solid all around fic, one of the most intriguing I've read in a while.

Your Danzou is well written, as he's not just gunning for the Hokage's hat, but trying to protect the village.

Nice work, I look forward to the sequel.

Sage
frozenshinobi chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
really brilliant story, one of my favourites, its not often you see storythats this good, cant wait for the sequel
HolyKnight5 chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
Hmm...you shouldn't mark it as complete...not at least until you post a last note on this fic, when you have posted the first chapter of the sequel...
Codenamed-Bolt chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
This was/is a fantastic conclusion to the story. I really, really hope that you write a sequal to all of this, I really do. The way you worked in Kishimoto's new information about Kushina and the Hidden Eddy Village was actually, very, very well done. The comedic relief was placed well throughout the chapter as well.

I'm curious to see how you expound upon Tenten's and Lee's guilt over Iruka's death. Naruto's ability to change people should be underestimated in the slightest so it would be great to see how it pans out.

Sakura's desertion is another thing I'd like to see taken care of as well. Possibly her rising through the Kiri ranks and being trained by Mei instead of Tsunade (hehe, still a Femme Godaime apprentice) and then brought down by Naruto and/or Ino.

As for Naruto, it would be a realistic thing if Naruto did NOT gain the Uzumaki bloodline, despite his mother's wishes. After all, if you work in something similar to the Waterfall of Truth that Kishi used, Naruto won't need a restraining power, he would just use the Kyuubi's at will, like Kirabi and the Hachibi.

Well, good luck with your future endeavors, and I hope to see another saga of The Point of Divergence!
Lord Blood chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
...there is gonna be a sequel right?
Kazuki Shikimori chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
"Favoritism and injustice amongst characters- I want people to understand that my ninja world isn't fair, there won't be any universal justice or good or evil. Everything is shades of gray so yes, Konoha favored Naruto for his pedigree as Minato's son and his Jinchuuriki status and pissed all over Sakura who is a no-name kunoichi who is mentally unstable and a risk to her teammates. It isn't fair, but life isn't either and favoritism and injustice are rampant all around us - as they do in my story."

It's just like how people kept praising Sasuke just because he was an Uchiha and a "genius" while people like Naruto and Lee, the "dead last" of their class, were constantly belittled. Even Sakura at least got praised more than them because of her book smarts and such. So when it came to them fighting, a majority of people just assumed Naruto would lose to Kiba/Neji or Lee to Gaara. A lot of people will base things on what they can immediately see on the surface and not take much else into account.

So, of course if people knew Naruto was TRULY Minato's son, then they would immediately try to pamper him and gain favor with him just like they did with Sasuke.

"In Regards to Lee - I'll admit it may seem I hate Lee, but I don't! Please understand that I'm portraying a ninja world which is somewhat different than canon. And Lee is an unbalanced ninja and thus in my eyes a risk if he faces a superior foe. I have plans for Lee that are not all dark and hurtful, so please be patient with me and trust everything has a reason and that I hear your reviews and am taking them into consideration as I move along."

This is very true. While Lee was definitely strong in Taijutsu, you can't beat EVERYONE just like that, Gates or otherwise. And we've also seen that he's not exactly very big on the mental or strategic department either and is much more about just rushing in and beating the opponent down physically.

"Naruto being whiny, arrogant and a hypocrite – He's 12-13 and even in comparison to normal young teens he's immature since his emotional growth was stunted by his isolation. So he is confused, pained, distraught and immature. What are you people expecting? For him to be mature and a genius all of a sudden? He's suffered but he hasn't been forced to grow up for real with the guidance of adults so his sensei and friends are breaking him so that he can rebuild himself and become a somewhat balanced ninja and person. So yes, Naruto can be arrogant and jack-ass at times, but isn't canon Naruto a whiny, idiotic and arrogant jerk as well for most of canon? I for one don't think it's healthy he screens out the bad and always only looks at the positive, if he doesn't accept the darkness as well as the light he'll be unbalanced (like in canon) and I'm trying to have him deal and struggle and ultimately grow from his mistakes and adversity in the future."

Unfortunately, the manga hasn't been doing that really. Kakashi certainly didn't teach him much at first and then a bit of elemental nature training, and Jiraiya obviously put a majority of focus on Kyuubi chakra over Naruto's OWN abilities, so even after learning Sage Mode and now getting Kyuubi's chakra, while he may have great power in his hands, he's still extremely underwhelming in terms of mental capabilities and it doesn't help that a lot of his mentality is still virtually the same as part 1.

Like with Lee, you can't simply rely on pure power to win your battles. (At least even Sasuke has shown SOME tactical ability in some of his battles.) As shown with his battle with Pain, planning and tactical abilities are equally important. If Naruto didn't have Katsuyu constantly feeding him info on what was ALREADY learned about Pain and his bodies, chances are that he would've lost big time and would've done no better, if not FAR worse than Jiraiya. (Nagato himself admitted that if Jiraiya knew he had the Rinnegan and his various abilities beforehand, then Jiraiya would've won.) Hell, even WITH that info, he still ended up pinned down and it was only because of Hinata's (foolish) intervention that Naruto exploded into his 6-8 - tailed state, thus causing Pain to waste chakra on failed jutsu (Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei primarily) and sustain injury while Naruto is suddenly WTF 100% when he changes back.

Also, as shown with the Raikage, Sasuke, etc, all his speeches and "goodness" won't work and change everyone and he's got to learn that there will be times that he'll just have to accept things can't work out the way he or others want them to. I mean, he wants the Raikage to all but pardon Sasuke of all his crimes, crimes against not just Konoha, but other countries now, just because he's so fixated on "saving" him. If he ever expects to truly become Hokage, then he's got to learn to accept sacrifice, both on himself AND others and to do what is right, not to mention to let go of his own favoritism in Sasuke while pretty much disregarding everyone else. (Sakura already almost got killed by Sasuke just because Naruto was too stubborn to let go of him and the promise.)

"Superior ninja being beaten by weaker ninja – In the attempts of making the Narutoverse more believable, power isn't everything. Cunning and experience can win and superior preparations can trounce sheer talent. It won't happen always, sometimes talent and potential will win out, and other times it won't, it will depend on the situation just like more believable battles (*cough* not like Sasuke crushing everyone with a blink or snort *cough)"

Gee, like this doesn't happen A LOT in the manga already? lol
Anthony1 chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
First off I got to say that this chapter was LONG. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy it as there were plenty of things that helped to wrap up what happened and at the same time set up for whatever is to come next.

Obviously things will changed and I for one am looking forward to see what you got planned. Apparently this story is going to be continued and I have no problem with that. One thing for sure, I doubt that I'll be disappointed. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Keep up the good work that you've been doing with this story/series. Until whenever you update agian, see ya.
Stigma chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
Not bad of a follow up, but your still seriously one-sided when it comes to your handcrafted Naruto characters aka Sakura being at the top of the list. Hopefully you'll tone down your antics in the sequel, but I won't hold my breath.

Grumpywinter, just because some dislike parts of the story and question things they're considered flamers? How unbelievable shallow on those who toss that name out. Then again after seeing your review, being shallow along with a moot bootlicker must he your best trait.
Sir Deadpool chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
Very good looking forward to the next story, to all you anon flammers: get fucked.
JK10 chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
I must admit one thing this story is the best I have written. I wish there was a sequel. like the loose end especially with sakura. this to me really is how the shinobi world is. I believe the creator of Naruto should see how this story is. it is like a reverse of roles. Simply because the shinobi do the dirty work. as a result things like murder in cold blood working under ground etc is needed. what sakura did although it was sad was needed she in her mind had to survive so it was necessary. so I believe this story was very well written. thank you for another story that could go down as one of the best Naruto fanfics in the history fanfics.
Kurio chapter 22 . 7/7/2010
I give up. I wanted to finish this story so I could give one conclusive review, but... I yield to the fail. I mean:

1.) Naruto did kill Sasuke via youki overload. Therefore Sakura is correct and so is Shino. Therefore, painting the both of them as evil because they have common sense and understanding of the underlying issues is just plain stupid. And I say that as someone who despises Sakura and is lukewarm to Shino.

2.) The sheer hypocrisy is both redundant and painful. Naruto is getting as much if not more favoritism. He murdered someone and got rewarded while Sakura was thrown under the bus. Yet he gets on Lee? I hope Naruto dies in this story I really do. Also Hiashi does not get to lecture anyone of favoritism.

3.) Your Hokage is senile.

4.) The OOC is just at retarded levels. I mean yes there would be changes in actions and behavior, but the underlying principles of a character ought to shine through. Sakura should still be fundamentally kind and desperate to be accepted. Naruto should still be empathic and willing to admit his mistakes not gloss over them with whining. Sarutobi should still recognize that the village as a whole is more important then one boy and/or a single ideal.

5.) I despise heroes who only succeed because everyone around suddenly takes a level in suckage. There is unfortunately a lot of that in this story.

That said I liked that you took a chance at actual divergence and I liked that you tried to make well-rounded characters. However, it reads like what it is - fanfiction. There is too much purple prose and too little actual progress. The Unfavored are bashed mercilessness while the Favorites are handed everything on a golden platter. I'm sorry... You've failed at authorship.
870 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »