Reviews for The Point of Divergence
Kaze Bushin chapter 12 . 7/4/2010
Wile I do enjoy your story, I find your representation of Naruto and Lee odd. The difference between your story and canon is the death of Sasuke and the ramificatons that it brings. Yet through that difference you have Naruto act a little like pre-ShoryukenPunch Neji, one who beleives that no matter how hard Lee works he will be no better than a "mediocre ninja". What I don't understand about your representation of Lee is that you make him seem extremely incompetent. Whether you have him so for plot related reasons, or you do not personaly like him mabye because you simply view him that way. If you can please answer why you create Lee that way i would apreciate it.
billy13579 chapter 30 . 6/25/2010
Well done!

Not only was this a very good story, it also lays the foundation and builds anticipation for the sequel.

I've found Sumiko's reservations about her father's orders noteworthy, as well as Itachi's dilemma. I also sense that ommitting Sakura from the Global and "Villain" epilogue speaks volumes on what we should expect in the future for her.

I'm eagerly waiting for the 2nd epilogue and the sequel!
AoMythology chapter 30 . 6/25/2010
You are about to make a mistake with Itachi and his new eye, as I see here in this chapter. According to Kakashi himself, the reasons that his Sharingan doesn't work to its fullest is that he does not have an Uchiha's body.

Thus Itachi, an Uchiha, would only need a few days, at most weeks, to reach full functionality with a transplanted Sharingan, Eternal Mangekyou or not.
Mr.Destructo chapter 30 . 6/24/2010
awesome story so far i suck at reviews so, omg a review!
Nemrut chapter 30 . 6/22/2010
damn you, I read the whole evening not doing my homework, I was so hooked.

what can I say, I loved every except naruto and Lee. Lee didn't do anything right and he was emotionally abused by both Naruto and Neji and given some of his choices, Neji was right. Only I do not understand why Lee was this huge booman, you hate him or something? It was not interesting, just disheartening to see him getting screwed so hard by life. And Naruto, overall, jus came across as a tad too whiny at times but his battles are brilliant.

Your kages, your s-class missing nin, your jonin, your political conflicts, the war, every other character and situation was written masterfully and this had so many "f*ck yeah!" moments I lost count. Sannin vs Hanzo and OC Tsuchikage was an awesome fight.

Although, I would have liked to see the old suna guy smacking the two tails down and maybe have the fight between Chiyo and Raikage a bit closer, she is quite strong actually.

All in all, amazing story
Nemrut chapter 9 . 6/22/2010
So far, I liked the story, I enjoyed how you wrote the characters and the team structures, I enjoyed how everyone was abusing and disliking Sakura without turning it into bashing, I liked the whole deal with orochimaru and Akatsuki and while the writing was a bit too "fancy" and elaborate at times, I liked it as well.

But what did disturb me, immensely so, was on how Naruto behaved like this utter, elitist snob towards Lee for no other reason than being a complete and utter spoiled dick. Now, I can understand why he felt that way, even though it was stupid, unfair and irrational but then you didn't even give Lee the satisfaction of beating him into a pulp AND Naruto won with a handicap, which made Lee look like a complete failure.

Somehow this really annoyed me and put quite the damper on the story. I will continue reading the rest but wow, I do hope Naruto gets some serious payback for this. It is hard to root for your hero if you hate him.
billy13579 chapter 12 . 6/21/2010
"It was time to have fun" - damn straight
Mr.Destructo chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
YAY! sasuke and his inferiority complex died and sakura has an obsessive compulsion disorder possibly even erotomanic delusions and believed that sasuke loved her and probably has told her so many times using special glances, signals, telepathy, or even hidden messages through the media. awesome story so far by the way I can't wait to see how you put together the naruto/ino pairing
billy13579 chapter 7 . 6/17/2010
You've marked the fic as Naruto x Ino, but from this chapter it looks like there's an opening for Naruto x OC (Sumiko).
JJK chapter 10 . 6/12/2010
...Ino has the same problem as Hinata, being an important member part of her clan and all. Naruto's going to have to go for Tenten if anyone.
Sage Naruto25 chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
That is one crazy bitch! (a.k.a sakura)
Quincy80 chapter 18 . 6/6/2010
Correction on that last review. Chapters 17 and 18 that I've read so far.

Sorry.
Quincy80 chapter 19 . 6/6/2010
You've wrote a great story and I've really enjoyed it. However, when you rewrite parts of the story could you please do away with the phrase 'whimsical whim'ch 22 23 so far. You are using an adjective to describe it's own root noun. It's like saying wet water.

I know I'm making a big deal out of something small, but it drives me crazy. Other than that great job!
OmegaDL50 chapter 7 . 6/3/2010
Excellent story so far, however one thing I would want to bring up is the training method that Kushina left for Naruto which so happens to mimic the Rasangan training.

It should be addressed that the Rasengan itself is not a wind jutsu but rather pure chakra manipulation based on it's shape alone and not any elemental ability.

You bring up the issue in this story that Kakashi does not know any Wind jutsu however it seems you are making out that the Rasengan itself is a Wind technique when it's merely shape manipulation of raw chakra with no associating element attached to it (Case in point Kakashi can also do the Rasengan himself as demonstrated in canon, during the Elemental Training Arc of the Manga when he explains to Naruto that he could not combine his Lightning element with the shape manipulation that the Rasengan is)

I'm looking forward to reading more of this story and adding it to my favorites. It's one of the best written fictions I'd read so far.
Lord Sia chapter 30 . 6/1/2010
Some parts are a bit... Off... But by and large?

Why aren't you writing the Canon storyline instead of that idiot? WHY? Dark, involved, complicated, EPIC battles, people die, drama, sacrifice, hope, strength, more Awesome, it just. Doesn't. End!

#Takes a deep breath#

Wow. Just wow. I can't even come up with anything you could have done better - well, maybe Anko could have killed Sakura without using up precious chakra on a summoning technique... But whatever! Just keep it coming, ok?
870 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »