Reviews for The Point of Divergence
max chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Great story, refreshingly well written. Hope you never give up on it.
Jaraiya's apprentice chapter 3 . 5/26/2010
_V great story so far! When I have time, I will be readng more!
dachamp706 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Good work loved the story.
Graypdrink chapter 30 . 5/19/2010
O.O

YEAH!
Dan chapter 30 . 5/19/2010
Shunshin is merely very high speed movement. Great chapter but there's a few things.

Pein actually does believe the shit he spouts, especially that 'god' stuff and he would not at all be afraid of going directly to Konoha as you've suggested in this chapter. After Naruto went to train with the toads and dropped off the radar that's exactly what he did- he went to Konoha and just walked in intending to beat people until they gave up the Jinchuuriki- completely uncaring of whether or not Tsunade or Danzo or Kakashi or the hundreds of Konoha ninja were there. He doesn't think like a conventional ninja because he's got powers beyond conventional ninja and has not had defeat teach him humility. After fighting a few one on ones he leveled Konoha with one technique. A technique that's impossible to defend against. If it DOES come down to it, he wouldn't hesitate to make a personal appearance.

***************************************************************************

THE MAIN THING that disappointed me somewhat this chapters were the Daimyos and how you've written them, specifically the Lighning Daimyo.

"I-I didn't know Ei would do that! He gave me no inclination of his intentions. If I had known, I would've forced him to relent! I swear to you all..."

The Lighting Daimyo sounds like a crying baby beggin for forgiveness which doesn't fit with the image of a Daimyo. Put simply, he is written like a buffoon.

He's in a great postion and he should know it so why is he written as a stuttering bluthering idiot. That last bit is one area I feel you've failed in enough to warrant a bit of editing. It could have been used smartly and greatly contributed to your plot instead of just wasted.

Despite what Kumo's responsible for, the lightning Daimyo knows that two of his compatriots are guilty of the same thing (Wind and Eartb). They tried to invade Konoha and failed miserably so the only one who can complain is the FireLord (since water has lost a lot of its power and has had its share of atrocities and currently low on political weight).

In power games you don't show weakness like you've had the lightning Daimyo doing and its even more unrealistic since he's joint-best positioned at the moment with the Fire Lord.

As far as he's concerned, this is the situation for the other nations - Suna lost their entire force, Tsuchi weakened themselves and lost their jinchuuriki and Konoha though still strong, just had a fight against two attacking villages.. Mizu has lost a lot of its power in internal strife and is as not involved itself in much with the other nations in recent times. Most of their seven swordsmen have gone rogue and the Water Daimyo wouldn't fully trust his ninja after Kisame's assassination of the last one. They've also lost Yugara, their Jinchuuriki and trump card.

And this is the situation for his nation-

Kumo just showed its power by flattening a ninja village, something that hasn't been done before. They also did so with minimal losses. They possess two jinchuuriki, Yugito who just somewhat proved her worth and strength and Killerbee who's their ultimate weapon with full control of the Hachibi's powers and arguably the strongest jinchuuriki. No one's going to be fcking around in the land of lightning anytime soon.

The only fear for the lightning Daimyo now is Fire Country who are usually somewhat pacifist and Ei, The Yondaime Raikage betraying him somehow and making a bid for power. That's not a fear he'll be likely to share with anyone else. He would and should plan though, to mitigate Kumo's power somewhat before it threatens his own power and the sovereignty of the Land of Lightning.
LordLoverDuck chapter 30 . 5/19/2010
awesome chapter is awesome

i can't wait for the next update
insomaniac1 chapter 30 . 5/19/2010
You 'really' don't have to 'put' every other 'word' in 'quotes'.
volrath77 chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
Oh yes, OH YES! WAR! I'm already salivating at the thought of the carnage to come and someone needs to go in and kick the Raikage's butt to hell and beyond. More!
Fury074 chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
Interesting. Please continue as I can't really comment on this chapter as thoroughly as I wish. The Anko/Orochimaru thing was surprising, as was Kumo's invasion of Suna. The Daimyo's reaction was expected, but interesting all the same. Please update soon, as I need more to put certain aspects of this chapter into perspective.
buzzbumble chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
Most people don't really want you to re-do some of your old chapters, they are fine to pretty much everyone else and why bother to put pressure on yourself to make them perfect? Umm how did itachi get sasuke's eye? Oro sure is a scumbag to play anko like that! Hope anko skins the queen!
Stigma chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
Wow, you cleared alot of what happened to our heros in Konoha after the battle. Oh wait, wrong. A bunch of useless information about everywhere except Konoha. Well we did some little info about Anko, but the rest is about as horrid as the ending of the previous chapter. I sure hope the 2nd epilogue doesn't fail like this one did. Hell, you could have dropped this one and put all your energy into the 2nd one if it covered about Konoha and it's inhabitants. As far as re-writing previous chapters, why? They are unimportant as most don't really give a rat's ass about Sakura. As with the other few you plan to redo as well. The ending and this epilogue is what's bad. Sorry for being blunt, but I don't believe in giving sunshine and rainbow reviews.
RI100014 chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
This is a pretty damn good story. Mostly because it's so twisted and sick. Everyone is out for their own ends and everything is open to elimination. Friends, teachers, comrades, leaders, allies. Everyone! And Sakura has gone completely bat-shit crazy. Boy... I don't know if I can take so much gut-wrenching.

Till next time... adios.
anon chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
Awesome geopolitical consequences from the invasion, good stuff!
Anthony1 chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
It's been a while since you last updated this story. I'm okay with the wait since the chapter you came back with was worth it.

Having this particular epilogue focus on what was happening on a global scale was a smart move. Deciding to put both epilogues into one single chapter would've been too much to have and a bother to read. I didn't expect most of the things that happened in the chapter to actually happen although I got no problem since it'll surely set up for what you plan on doing later on.

I'm also glad that you didn't reveal everything all at once and left things on a cliffhanger so it'll make the readers curious on what's to come. The Tsuchikage being practically obsessed with wanting to eliminate Naruto and the Namikaze family alone is enough to make me want to read the future chapters.

As a whole, this chapter/epilogue was worth wait and to read. Hopefully you'll be able to have the second epilogue out soon because I want to see what else you could have planned. Until then though, see ya and keep up the good work. Of course that goes without saying.
nequam-tenshi chapter 30 . 5/18/2010
Obedience must be engrained; loyalty can only last so long.

You actually titled this chapter!
870 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »