Reviews for The Point of Divergence
Zeran X chapter 4 . 12/3/2013
There needs to be some timeskips or something this story is dragging out forever.
Zeran X chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Damn this writing style is very profesional like your a real published author of a book it's really good drags things out a bit but still is fantastic.
CharlemagneTupiniquim chapter 32 . 10/20/2013
AlĂ´.
Allow me a word: EFFING AWESOME FIC!
Just read it all on pratically one sitting!

Since I'm quite sure you dont read reviews over here anymore, I'm gonna pop by the sequel and once I'm up to date on that one I shall leave a more thorough critique ;)

sendicard chapter 4 . 10/4/2013
You can't have him discover that he gets the clones memories while he is using them for precisely that reason. That just, doesn't make any sense! It's like flying into space so you can analyze the way you break the atmosphere so you can invent the first rocket!

"What do you mean?" Really Shikimaru? Really? You couldn't piece that together?
I have to state that, well that isn't Shikimaru. We have an impostor, everyone get the aliens! I could have pieced what she was talking about together with the info he was given, and he's much smarter than I am. Over stating that he's a genius to a painful level, then making his logic adequate at best... well that would be a bad sign.
Not an uncommon error though, for instance Lelouch in Code Geass actually wasn't that special in chess. All the moves he made whenever the camera showed a chess board were actually quite predictable, they just overplayed his skill so people wouldn't notice. Not a problem to a normal viewer but very annoying to an attentive one.
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 32 . 9/4/2013
The Good: The writing is well above average, and in some places excellent. The characterization isn't too far off, and character development is better than most. The plot was also deeper than the average fanfic and certainly not rushed.

The Bad: Usage errors. Some words you are using don't mean what they think they mean. Then there are times you write a similar sounding word to the correct word. You also include a few too many typos. Also, the story just drags out too long. A quicker pace would have made the story much more enjoyable.
Guest chapter 28 . 8/4/2013
Oh My God...
that ending.
FUCK! THAT ENDING WAS BRILLIANT!
Man, those last lines were pure awesome!
How do people even think of lines like that?!
This reminds me of another ending of a chapter from a different fanfic.
"This council does not respect the wishes of it's past Hokages. Therefore, I deem this council unworthy to rule and they must be eliminated."
Of course I paraphrased it cause I don't remember all of it but it is taken from Lost Soul. That is an awesome fanfic of Naruto on and you should definately read it.
BTW, will you post a sequel to this?
CMVreud chapter 4 . 7/30/2013
Now that's mind-fuckery that I miss in the OS and other fanfictions.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
sakura is such a bitch
Silent Avid Magma chapter 20 . 5/8/2013
Well, this has been a serious disappointment. The story had such potential, too.

Oh well, moving right along.
Hahaheeha chapter 9 . 3/18/2013
I'm reading chapter 8 right now and I have to thank you soooooo much for how you portrayed Ino's beauty when Naruto looks at her in the river, which is what I just read seconds ago. Thank you for not being vulgar or overly sensual with the description, not that I am adverse to those ideas in fanfics but I hate when people make vulgar references about the characters through the eyes of other young characters. You made her truly sound like the pretty young girl she is instead referring to her as an objectified piece of proverbial meat. Thank you. Your writing skills are on the unparalleled level of the great authors of this site and I will be reading your other stories because of that.

Alex
NPCrusader chapter 8 . 3/13/2013
Ah, but Naruto is in all likelihood a Senju by family relation. Mito Uzumaki was married to Hashirama Senju and if we presume Kushina to be the daughter or granddaughter to Mito, that makes Naruto the heir of three clans, Uzumaki, Namikaze and Senju all in one. Me thinks that overrides the restriction Naruto was supposedly faced with and what poor Hinata was forced to consider in her choice.

I'm not a fan of bigamy or harems, but I don't detest it either. I could actually like it, especially if it is tastefully done. This has the potential of being a good one if you decide to do so in the sequel.
Tyrannitor chapter 32 . 2/24/2013
Lovely fic. A brilliantly written alternate reality. My one and only beef with it is - why did you split it into two fics? If you had written one long one, you would have gotten a lot more reviews, and the story would be ranked higher, where it deserves to be.
Keep up the good work!
Fiendfluyd chapter 29 . 2/16/2013
I think you're awfully hard on poor Lee. I'm not sure what the rationale is behind making him as helpless as a baby to any and all genjutsu - the way Jiraiya (and everyone else) explains it, all you need to break genjutsu is to quickly and violently flare your chakra. There's no indication in the manga that Lee has subnormal chakra levels, at least to my recollection. The fact that he can use the gates, which basically flushes extreme amounts of chakra through your body, is testament to this (in fact, opening and closing a gate should be enough to disrupt most genjutsu, based on the canon descriptions of both). There's also the fact that Lee has never shown any stamina issues when water-walking or sticking to tree branches, both of which are techniques that require chakra (the former especially requires a constant expenditure of chakra).

All Gai ever said about Lee in chapter 82 was that he has "no skill" for ninjutsu and genjutsu, and therefore can't use them. "No skill" doesn't equate to "no chakra." I think it's more likely that Lee has normal chakra levels, but is simply unable to manipulate it in any complex way. He can't shape it into subtle structures like bunshin or henge, but he has no problem simply releasing it from his body, hence his ability to wall- and water-walk (and by extension, break genjutsu).

I wasn't a fan of the Orochimaru versus Itachi fight in which the latter lost his eye, but you've made up for it with completely epic chaos that went down in the last few chapters. It was pretty cool seeing Han and Hanzou show up, and the Sannin combos were absolutely lethal. (As an aside, my main problem with Oro vs Itachi wasn't that Orochimaru came out on top, but that he came out on top without Itachi giving his strongest showing [i.e., without utilizing Susano'o]. In a fanfic I always prefer to see someone win because he's stronger than shown in canon, rather than because his opponent's weaker than shown in canon.)

Ah, Sakura. I have no idea why she's still alive. I gotta say, she's my least favorite villain and the least interesting as well (and the weakest, and the pettiest, and...). She doesn't have epic motivations to bring world peace via the threat of mutually assured destruction, like Nagato. She isn't a bitter cynic who's been so traumatized by war that she'd rather find peace in an eternal illusion, like Obito. She isn't a Xanatos-obsessed magnificent bastard, like Orochimaru. She isn't a morally gray pragmatist in search of the greater good at any and all cost, like Danzo. She's just...retarded. Sad and retarded. Her self-pitying drama and delusional idiocy is so tiresome that I wish she would just die or be emotionally healed or be transported via Tobi's space-time ninjutsu to a Harry Potter fanfic, something, ANYTHING, just so I don't have to read her whining anymore.
Guest chapter 17 . 2/12/2013
No Susano'o for Itachi? The fuck? I'm sure getting poisoned by Orochimaru sucks, but Itachi managed to bust out his trump in the manga even when dying of AIDS and kept the jutsu going until his dying moment, literally. Surely he could have managed a bit more effort to prevent Orochimaru from making off with his precious eyeball.

Lame.
kakistocracy chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
Lol. The scheming Danzo buildup is quite suspenseful, but the dramatic tension completely drains from me everytime I realize that SAKURA is the linchpin of his conniving masterplan. Poor guy. He has no clue that he was doomed to failure from the start.
869 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »