Reviews for The Point of Divergence
Awesome chapter 31 . 2/2/2013
Good read, though I'll admit I skipped a large portion of this fic. I only read the parts that involved Naruto, Sakura, Neji, Lee and/or Hiruzen (sometimes Jiraiya as well). Every other character Just didn't hold my interest long enough for me to care what they were up to or I got impatient and skipped around to see what these 5 (or 6 maybe 5 1/2) were going to do next. Surprisingly, This didn't hurt my reading experience in the least and I could still follow what was going on.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
It's called DID Dissociative Identity Disorder
Not mutiple personality disorder... I'm not being mean or saying the story sucks, just stating a fact, but besides that it's very good.
Guest chapter 31 . 12/30/2012
i read the whole story and i have to ask do all of your characters wear hakama pants or is it just me
Ariana Deralte chapter 10 . 12/30/2012
So, I'm giving up on this story, but I thought I'd leave you a little advice as to why I am. Namely, your entire story is telling, not showing. It makes this whole fic extremely tedious to read. You're always describing everything to an extreme degree, over-using adverbs, and telling us again and again exactly what people are feeling and thinking. So for example, I chose a random sentence from this chapter.
""Restraining order…?" Sakura mouthed in a confused and fearful tone, her eyes darting from side to side as her teeth nibbled unto her lower lip." There was no reason in this sentence to tell us Sakura was confused and fearful since the second part of the sentence showed us she was with her actions, yet you consistently include both or just tell us again and again that someone is feeling something. I had hoped that your writing would get better as you went along and you'd learn to show, not tell, plus cut out a lot of your verbiage, but it's not showing any improvement. Writing is about showing the important things to the story and characters, not telling us every single thing in the world.

You had a very interesting idea here, and it was fun to see the focus on different characters and actions, but the writing style really lets it down.
obscurereader chapter 3 . 10/28/2012
sakura thinks that she'll be able to beat itachi..LOL
illuminios chapter 32 . 8/31/2012
One of the most interesting and logical (!) fanfics I have ever read. It has it's own faults, but perfection is unreachable;(
Hope the sequel doesn't contain so much angst (it's existence wouldn't be reasonable - sometime he should grow and mature, right? *pleading look*).
illuminios chapter 31 . 8/31/2012
One of the ideas I like this story for is adequate Danzou. It's simply idiotic how many authors show him as a caricature villain, not a completely logical and ruthless bastard he should be. He is overly obsessed with becoming Hokage, but the reason for such behavior are stated in canon: he was sure that Tsunade and Sarutobi were too "soft" for this position.
Strange fact though: didn't find any fanfics, where Danzou realises he is actually really old to be Hokage. He isn't medic of Tsunade's level, so how is he so healthy and fresh all the time.
Looks like it is a one of his most dark and villainous secrets...
illuminios chapter 31 . 8/31/2012
The thought that bothered me since the appearance of Kushina's scroll: why does she write as if Minato is dead too? She didn't know about coming Kyubi attack (except for the fact she was Jinchuuriki in canon). So why is the "revelations" (piss-poor excuses, really) are delivered as if Naruto is orfan and doesn't know about his origins? Not to mention that entire world suddenly forgot about specialty (and existence) of Uzu...
illuminios chapter 31 . 8/31/2012
I was too hasty to celebrate( The angst didn't disappear without any trace like I thought. It was hiding in the shadows to strike at the most unexpected moment.
Hope the sequel will finally exterminate this plague:)
illuminios chapter 30 . 8/31/2012
Daimyo chose not the wisest solution. Peace, established because of threats, can't exist for long - not while the power of Daimyo is fragile. It's really strange that they have so much free will: I was sure the Daimyos were puppets of Hidden Villages. You know, the military power is the foundation of political power, so Daimyo is as powerful, as the Village is. They can play their political games as long as they are supported by Shinobi, not the other way.
Really, strange world...
illuminios chapter 28 . 8/30/2012
O.M.F.G. That's all I have to say about this chapter.
P.S. Freaking awesome!
illuminios chapter 27 . 8/30/2012
Why do you keep using "replicated" instead of "substituted", when obviously Kawarimi is used? If you will ever decide to rewrite, you know where to start.
Orochimaru's plan here is much better than original "let's attack in the most dramatic moment altogether and see what would happen". Genius, yeah)
illuminios chapter 26 . 8/30/2012
"It's usually way more crowded during the chuunin exam."
Let's think about it. Exams take place twice a year, each in one of 5 Great Villages. Naruto is nearly 13 (or who knows how much: authors tend to forget that Naruto never was a genius, he started going to academy like everyone else, and failed 2 years in a row; if his teammates are 12-13 then he is 14-15). It means it happened in Konoha 4 times since his birth, 2 (if not 3) of which he couldn't conciously remember. So how can he judge all those things so confidently? And how do we even know that this Chuunin exam isn't the first in Konoha's history?
illuminios chapter 24 . 8/30/2012
You incorrectly translate "Kawarimi". It's substitution, not replication.
illuminios chapter 22 . 8/29/2012
Finally, Naruto is showing signs of maturing. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride to admit your arrogance, weakness, mistakes etc..
How will his personality change further? That's an interesting question. Hope he will stop moping and angsting about his horrible, horrible past (TM).
869 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »