Reviews for Occupational Hazards
pretentious kneecap chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
About time someone catered to the hardcore Gevanni fans like me, man. ;-)

Haha. Manly-man FBI agent, with a diary. Frightening.
Gamecrazy 25 chapter 3 . 9/1/2008
I finally got around to reading this, whoo!

Ah, Gevanni. I'm getting to like you more and more. You're more than a pretty face that looks kind of like the product of Mikami and Matsuda! I know I've already said that but it's still funny.

Yep, Mogi isn't a talker. If you ask me, he's the Lexaeus of Death Note. Basically, Lexaeus is a big, burly guy with a lot of strength and I don't think he says much either. He's from Kingdom Hearts.
forgetcanon chapter 3 . 8/31/2008
O.O Genuis... Pure, insane, genuis. I love it. _
Morne chapter 3 . 8/31/2008
That has been the longest chapter of this story youve written so far, and I enjoyed it a lot!

I like the sarcastic undertone you gave Gevanni, it looses the atmosphere in the story up, since the content has become far more serious than it was in the beginning – or maybe not the content per se, but Gevannis behaviour and inner monologues.

At the beginning of the story he seemed to be rather distant to everything, it was just a job – but, bit by bit, heve become more and more emotionally involved in the events.

As Near does, or at least thats how I see it. I like the idea of him opening to other people, even if its just a tiny little bit…

I can fully understand why he seems to be angry at Light for claiming the title as “L” for himself – I too was enraged by this!

What I also like about this story is the change between Gevannis musings and thoughts and actual action, like when the mob was attacking their headquarters.
puddingcup chapter 3 . 8/30/2008
lmao

Gevanni cracks me up!

i don't think i ever will be able to accept Stephen Loud (even if it does sound kinda cool) as a name... just because Gevanni is a cooler name (in my opinion of course) and that's what i'm used to hearing from the anime
thebookhobbit chapter 3 . 8/30/2008
We! Another chapter! I squealed when I saw the alert in my inbox.

I liked the line, "As he said this, I suddenly felt the urge to seek Mello out and warn him that Lidner wasn’t an ‘easily overpowerable’ kind of woman." and its following context. Lidner bodyslamming Mello would be feckin' hilarious.

Also October 31st was really neat, and November twenty-four was very fun to read.

Trekkie!Gevanni for the win.
Kudatsuo-chan chapter 3 . 8/30/2008
Kya! Bialy-chan UPDATED! Yesh! Okay I'm gonna... be... normal again. Seriously though this was a good chapter. I like it when Gevanni-kun is being all wry and sarcastic. Mwahahah.

*sorry about the manic-ness. I had a whole three sodas. In other words I'm runnin' off of more caffeine than I normally drink in three days. Not my best idea.

Thank you for the lovely update.
thebookhobbit chapter 2 . 8/24/2008
"March 16th 2009

Our new boss is a psychopath."

That line.

It was complete and total amazingness.

-falls down in humble bow-

I really like the flippant waves running through this. It gives it a feel of humanity and Stephan-ness. Which makes no sense. D: I'm sorry. But it's a very good story, at any rate. Thank you for writing this pwnage.
thebookhobbit chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
GEVANNI FIC?

HOORAY!

-shot dead-

Sorry.

But really. I'm way excited, because he does not get enough love at all. D:

So this is really awesome!

My favorite line, I think, was October 31st, 2004's

"I really hate Hallowe’en. Some kids knocked on my door asking for sweets, and told me I looked like a vampire. I think I’m insulted."

I laughed.
Star Jinin chapter 2 . 8/16/2008
Yay! Finally someone writes a fic on Gevanni. He's like my fave SPK member yet no one cares about him? I mean, the conversation Near has between Gevanni before he steals the death note is priceless!

Gevanni seems a bit too...childish and OOC...but maybe that's just my opininon.

'I wonder if L is this bad'

XD
Morne chapter 2 . 8/8/2008
Yay, a new chapter!

I really like how youre picturing Gevanni!

It may be just my interpretatin, but in this chapter its visible how the events of the Kira Case are influencing his personality.

At the beginning of this story he seems to be a rather airily character, despite his job.

But with the continuation of this story, more and more serious and darker undertones appearing, though he never fully loses his humor. Which Im very glad for :)

Im looking forward to the next chapter!
forgetcanon chapter 2 . 8/8/2008
:DD YAY!

Wait...

DD: NO! POOR... UHmm... EverYONE ELSE THAT WORKED WITH NEAR .

:DD Continue when you may, Bialy-sama!
Gamecrazy 25 chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
More Gevanni, whoo! I've started to like him more.

I wish I had more to say, but Gevanni swearing in the last entry is justified. I'd curse in that situation even though I don't.
forgetcanon chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
*huggles* Bialy-san, you are AMAZING! First Matsu-kun, now mah Giovanni-kun! Mah third favorite character right after Hatsu-Matsu! YAY! *huggles again*
Kudatsuo-chan chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I don't think that you missed Gevanni's character by much. We unfortunately don't get much characterization of him from the series. He is an interesting character when he isn't being a wimp. I like your ideas on why he joined the SPK. Thank you for the interesting read. Can't wait for the next chapter! n.n