Reviews for Desperate Times
Minadalrive chapter 4 . 7/6/2014
First sentence was marvellous!
Minadalrive chapter 2 . 7/6/2014
Wow...
Minadalrive chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
Very nice! I love the drama!
23smiles chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
I've only read the first chapter so far, but I can tell this is going to be very sad. Like the characteristics of a tragedy, you did a good job with all the foreshadowing which just intensifies the suspense and feelings.
Lynnxrider chapter 4 . 3/22/2013
This chapter was so beautiful and so sad that I couldn't contain myself and read it out loud. It was the only way I could keep from crying! Your writing technique is one of the best I've come across and you have the extraordinary ability to really pull at a person's heartstrings. The relationships are so beautifully woven together and you seem to have such a deep understanding of the kkm characters. A truly masterful piece. Thank you.
Sapphire Nymph chapter 10 . 11/10/2012
My brain has unfortunate affliction of loving the pairing that is least likely to happen- part of the reason why i turn to fanfiction.

I loved the premise of this story. I loved the thought you put into it. But i especially love the yozakyuuri you put into it. I was hoping in vain that somehow, it'd become a conradyuuriyozak threesome. But it didnt happen. :( i believe that the yozakyuuri aspect of the story was explored more than the conyuu. Yozak's voice was spot on, that i actually cried at the end. I loved yozak. You gave him a voice that we don't really hear in canon. While it was yuuri's story, somehow it was also yozak's story. How he deals with his love in the face of someone else holding his love's heart.
What im saying is, i love you. Please write yozakyuuri. Please. Thank uou!
You are an amazing writer.
Guest chapter 10 . 9/14/2012
The whole of this delightfull; fic, was one of the most Beautiful I have ever seen, though poor pathetic Yuuri :(, but, this was probably My favouritest line. (An,d yes, it IS a word. To Me anyway.) 'For the love of Shinou, he had, himself, wagered an exceedingly large sum against the date the king would actually call an end to the charade and slap the shit out of his other brother.' That's right, Yuri. Slap him SILLY. :) And the 'slapping' scene itself. Tres romantic. Was a bit worried, for a mo, that you were going to let bigotgy and hate keep them apart, but, I should have known better. You handled the whole if this fic, even the messy tempremental parts, and, man, your right, there is a real case for abuse in the series canonically. Of course, that can be said for a lot of Yaoi series, unfortunately, people do love to see Pretty Boys, hurting other Pretty boys. I Myself am not as kind as you, and, hate the character of Wolf, and, actually, DESPISE the character of Yuuri, naive little shit. The only reason I am in the fic fandom at all, is that you all write such glorious ConYuu. I really hope you do a sequel for this, as I would LOVE to see Yozzie find a man for his own, and would be interested to see what happens in the long run with Wolfie. Bye!
salty-sarah chapter 10 . 1/25/2012
Dear Striped Neko,

I love how you dealt with the obvious triggers and issues in this piece. All the judgments Yuuri made were very OC, and I love how you addressed the 'impossibility' of marriage between the Maou and, well, a mongrel (o: None of the harsh triggers or situations detracted from the Romantics permeating the piece, whether in the form of our favourite ConYuu, Gwendal and Gyunter, or even Yozak and Yuuri. That last relationship, let alone pairing, is rarely highlighted at all, and I felt you really depicted something only second to Conrart and Yuuri's romance (o: Really loved this piece, i you couldn't tell by now. Thanks for sharing (o:

Cheers,

Sarah
Art-Of-Escape chapter 10 . 1/9/2012
Oh wow! This would have to be my favourite multi-chaptered KKM story I've ever read. But I can't help but feel terribly sad for Yozak. You're story has caused me to love him all the more.

Oh, and I have to say, what a beautiful piece of writing! It was absolutely abundant with wisedom! It had many meaningful lessons and the writing itself was awesome, the characters were ratehr convincing too. Oh but poor Yozak! My poor, beautiful Yozak! It makes me wish that Yuuri had chosen him instead. Sigh.
Freya's Doll chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
The story is heavy but I started shedding tears during Conrad and Yuuri's reunion, forward. This is a well-written, no, great story. But I'd like to comment more on the technical part.

Besides the story itself, you used words enough to justify your plot. Heavy stories need wide-knowledge of words, mostly deep (I mean, words I dont usually hear or use when speaking ) I salute you for that. But what caught my interest the most is how you write the point of view of your characters. Most ff I read, I get confused with POVs. One moment it's the other's and then the next paragraph is the other's. I really dont enjoy much "God-like" point of views so I salute you with both my hands for that. You gave the characters their own pace of POV.

I'm not fond of elipses (the dot-dot-dot), I have to tell you that. One thing I would like to suggest, sometimes, readers would grasp the emotion of a sentence even with just using a period. Trust me. With the way you write, you dont need much use of the elipses.

Erm, that's just me. Dont take it personally.

Overall, Desperate Times would linger in my mind for a long time. You gave KKM a different light. Rate of 10, i'd definitely give a 10. I humbly thank you for sharing such story.
bleachTHEsky chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
Heh. Just wanted to say, once more, how amazing this story is, and how I love the depth you give to the characters. I hope that you're well, and thanks for posting this. :DD
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 10 . 1/4/2011
This was brilliant, truly.
Haurvatat chapter 7 . 12/4/2010
Hey, there! I'm pretty damn sure I've reviewed this story before, wonderful as it is, but there's something that I don't think I caught before, and if I caught it, I didn't mention it. Whoops!

"Bowels were filled with steaming soups, plates prepared, and covers capped them all." (- referring to the tomato soup)

I'm pretty sure the soup made its way to people's bowels eventually, but... well, one thing at a time. If you want to fix that, by all means, go ahead. Personally, I think it's almost funnier to leave it there. I lol'd, at least. Idk.

I really am so glad that you included a comfort-kitchen scene. I've always practically LIVED in the kitchen, and for some reason, whenever I'm unusually sad, I'll bake from dawn to dusk. I don't know why. Cakes, cookies, brownies, pies, you name it, I've made it. It happened when my Grandpa died and when my dog died and when my sister went away to college. There's something about a busy kitchen and mindless preparation that really sets you as ease, isn't there? I think that, aside from Yuuri's confession of his abuse to Yozak, this is one of the most powerful (and most memorable) scenes in the whole story, not just because it's laden with unnamed heavy emotions, but because it speaks of the simple things in life that can get you through a bad day or help you deal with grief or bring people together in happiness when happiness is otherwise impossible. It carries that kind of theme, and whether we realise it while reading or not, in this scene we are more included in the action that anywhere else. We certainly feel sorrow and anger at Yuuri's abuse, and we of course feel adoration and other happy emotions with all the Conrad-Yuuri love going on, but we can't exactly relate very well. Not all can really apply to our everyday life. Hopefully none of us will ever be abused, or find ourselves in a situation where we have difficulties being close to the people we love, but so long as it hasn't happened to us, we can't really consider ourselves included so much as observers. The kitchen scene brings everyone together, reader, author, characters, and all, and leaves everyone (well, probably everyone) walking away a little brighter and more optimistic for the direction of life from that point onward. You know, I've changed my mind. You might really need to change "bowels". It kind of ruins the atmosphere for those couple of milliseconds it takes us to remember that it's supposed to be "bowls".

-Brynna
bleachTHEsky chapter 5 . 7/12/2010
Honestly, I don't enjoy seeing Wolfram portrayed in this light... but it certainly doesn't ruin the story either, oh no. This is good literature, and I enjoy every paragraph of it. You've offered insight into the minds of many of my favourite mazoku, and made me feel a sense of suspense I don't often find in fanfiction. Overall, a good job. )

But, I did just notice(and forgive me if you addressed this already, I cannot be sure)that Murata hasn't been mentioned yet. Any particular reason for that, or simply because you didn't feel any focus needed to be on him for this particular story? Just curious. Anyhow, lovely fic. Thanks for posting.
Lady Halaia chapter 10 . 11/25/2009
I'm not really a fan of ConYuu - I'll read it, but I much prefer Yuuram. This story, however, was well written, interesting, had a believable plotline, and had me sitting down to read it straight - I enjoyed it greatly and I am now off to read some of your other stories, hopefully they are as delightful as this one is.