Reviews for One Happy Day
LuvinHP chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
That was really sweet. Of course, I'm inclined to think that if a day like that really happened, Severus would not have joined the Death Eaters.
aptteach123 chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
WOW! I loved this :) It was a great one-shot. Severus is so cute in it :) And I love his interactions with everyone!
whitehound chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
Very nice - but also sad, since it may be the only really happy day he ever had.

You missed a few minor Britpicks, which may be worth pointing out since you're trying to make it authentic (thank you for that).

Severus calls Mr Evans "sir", twice. British children don't do that, and haven't since maybe 1950. Only teachers, military officers and senior legal officials are "sir". A polite British child would call a man whose name he didn't know "Mister" and a man whose name he did know "Mr Evans", although normal practise is actually for children to call adults by their first names once they know them at all well.

"His parents could care less" - as a Britin, Severus would think "His parents couldn't care less".

"Sweets" is correct but the shop that sells them is a sweetshop not a sweets shop (or in Scotland, sometimes, a sweetie shop).

Severus and Lily use "Sure" more often than would be normal for British children in that era. Lily saying "Sure" to answer the question about them staying out is OK, where it means "Yes, that's what Im going to do", but when Severus is asked whether he wants orange juice, or help in the shop, a British child in the 1970s would say "OK" to that form of "Would you like such-and-such" question.
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 8/7/2008

that was avery cute story
honeybadger42 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Cute story! I enjoyed it. I wish all of Sev's days could have been that happy.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
awe that was so sweet, poor Severus I feel for him
Talon3 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Girl, you just keep surprising me time and time again. The story is wonderful and very beleiveable. Then again ALL of your stories are. This is my own treat is to read your stories after a very hard days work. Helps pick me up after the hard day of work.
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Wow, so sweet and sad at the same time.
blue artemis chapter 1 . 8/6/2008