Reviews for Artemis Fowl: The Book of Ages
OpgamingMC chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
This is easily the best After fanfiction I have ever read. You portray the characters right, you pace the story well. It's amazing. 9.5/10
Jwhy chapter 45 . 12/6/2015
One of the best stories on this website. I'm glad I found it.
DinoGuy2000 chapter 45 . 12/1/2015
I wonder if I ever reviewed this. If this goes through, then I'll know. Wonderful story, I had quite a bit of fun reading it. A pity NÂș1 had to die, but I suppose total victory is a rarity. Excellent work, though I regret this review is a few years late.
Uniasus chapter 45 . 10/22/2015
Right, I for went more things than I should have to read this. Sleep. Working out. Eating. But well, worth it. I really loved the alternative versions of themselves, especially when Lt Colonol Short told Holly the difference between them was one carried a Neutrino and the other a Softnose.

I'm really sad to see Qwan and No1 go, but you should true writing chops in letting them die - sticking to the rules of your world and story - instead of having a perfectly happy ending. Kudos for that!
Guest chapter 32 . 9/11/2015
I like this story and I am not trying to say you are wrong about the age difference between Holly and Artemis being nothing in relation to Aragorn and Arwen, but there is one particular difference between the two pair that I consider to be rather important. Aragorn and Arwen were both proper adults. Artemis is not an adult. More mature than most adults, perhaps, but physically a teenager. Teenagers are a bit insane. A fair portion of that is hormones and not-yet-fully-developed brains. The age difference isn't a problem. Artemis and Holly being together while he is still a teenager is a serious problem. That being said, you really are handling them well. Good job on the story.
The Defense Professor chapter 45 . 7/11/2015
Pretty good, but the ending was extremely sudden, and the death of a certain character was pretty pointless. Opal, Minerva and Artemis II-2 got no resolution at all. It feels like you just gave up before writing an actual ending, to be honest. Eoin Colfer did it too, actually, I wonder if people just feel intimidated.

But yeah, otherwise? Got me stuck to the screen for hours and hours. Added to my favorites.
whitealmond chapter 44 . 4/28/2015
*sniff* best... confession... ever... *dissolves into unintelligible weeping*
whitealmond chapter 42 . 4/28/2015
Don't know why I never thought it was the other Holly working with the other Artemis. She had to have done some mental loop-de-loops to justify that - working with a Mud Man, against Mud Men and her alternate self. Urgh. And now she gets to see her fiance die again... that's so harsh. :(
whitealmond chapter 41 . 4/28/2015
I was just thinking about how, if Minerva WAS responsible for the destruction of an entire race of fairies, she's getting along quite well, psychologically, lol. That sort of thing would be soul-crushing to anyone with a heart, but she doesn't seem to be one to wallow in self blame. That kind of coldness does remind me of alternate Artemis...
whitealmond chapter 40 . 4/27/2015
Hmm, I don't really see Holly as the type to wait around to be rescued... last time she was kidnapped by Fowl, she trashed the room and did everything in her power to try to escape. I know he said she couldn't attempt to leave the room, but still... she could've tried something, I feel like.

But, Artemis' entrance was SO worth it
whitealmond chapter 37 . 4/27/2015
Damn. So she was behind the war between humans and fairies? And what, she joined the fairies because she thought she could make amends? She was the reason why Hybras suddenly fractured in the beginning?

Seriously, though. Awesome revelation. And awesome plotting. How much of this did you have planned before you start writing?
whitealmond chapter 36 . 4/27/2015
Alternate Artemis is so deliciously evil XD
whitealmond chapter 35 . 4/27/2015
Just to make sure I've got it right - the other Artemis caught Holly when she was flying back to the Prius and Artemis and Minerva were going to customs? Why didn't anyone hear the gunshots? Muffler? :P
whitealmond chapter 34 . 4/27/2015
I think you're doing a good job juggling the complex plot and all its elements. The bits of romance and dashes of suspense are delightful to read. And that poem is wonderfully apt and chilling.
whitealmond chapter 32 . 4/27/2015
If I may, it's so remarkable that you wrote this in high school. It's so sophisticated and well done.

I wonder who are these people playing with our heroes? Alternate Artemis still has to make his move...
1,240 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »