Reviews for Artemis Fowl: The Book of Ages
Harlequin chapter 45 . 9/1/2012
Wow. This is without a doubt one of the most epic fanfictions I've ever read. You're writing style was quite similar to Colfers, not to mention all that research. And the romance was beautiful-natural. It just flowed. Much like it does in the books (except Colfer studiously avoids romance there).

And yes, you succeeded in making your alternate Minerva a not-Sue. The alternate Holly was really tragic too, and even alt-Arty if you think about it-everyone he loved was dead or insane. It's understandable why they ended up the way they did.

Thank you so much for writing and completing this marvelous fanfic.
G'lantFowl chapter 45 . 8/27/2012
Aww, poor arty! I thought he was going to ( or I was) cry at the end. This very well written and the best( plus longest) fanfiction ever! You should email this to eoin colfer. Keep writing and become an AWSOME writer! Hey have you heard of the last dragon chronicles?... )
kamberroxs1998 chapter 45 . 8/13/2012
Write about how the LEP deals with the kiss shared between Artemis and Holly:) Please. it would make an awesome short story or one-shot. I absolutely love this story and I only found this story 2 days ago. Your an amazing writer. I hope you keep writing stories on Fanfiction.
Guest chapter 45 . 8/11/2012
Write a sequl about how they deal with holly kissing Artemis - dennis
Sandd chapter 44 . 8/6/2012
I meant Book 7 in my review below. :P

Thanks again!
Sandd chapter 45 . 8/6/2012
Awesome! I remember reading this story on Fanfiction over 3 years ago, but since it wasn't finished I quickly forgot about it. Thanks for completing it! I remembered the story up to the point where the other Holly kisses Trouble, and then got to finish it now for the first time.

This is much better than Book 6 and I hope Colfer reads this one day. Looking forward to more from you!
Anonymous-cat chapter 45 . 8/4/2012
Holy cow that was confusing. And awesome, amazing, and exceedingly well written, but very confusing. I feel like this story has tied the entire timeline into more knots than the books ever did... it went from being a closed time loop to a big ball of wibbley-wobbley, timey-wimey stuff. But it doesn't really matter, because there were so many great character moments and plots to explore. And it was so suspenseful! I am very glad this story was finished by the time I discovered it, so that I could read it all over a couple of days rather than a couple of years. I don't think I would have been able to handle the cliffhangers otherwise. ;) It felt like reading a professional novel. Thanks very much for sharing!
Jerry2468 chapter 45 . 7/29/2012
Wow! This was a great story! I usually like Artemis Fowl fanfics that manage to go over 50K Words, no matter the content, but this one... Amazing descriptions and plot. While I may want to kill something, I admire your work! Keep Writing!
OwlFeather13 chapter 45 . 7/27/2012
Great writing and congrats on being able to finish your 2 year project. So many people do not.
OwlFeather13 chapter 34 . 7/27/2012
Nice poem.
OwlFeather13 chapter 27 . 7/26/2012
It's kinda funny. I suspected Hunter was Artemis before, but I couldn't figure out by 'Hunter' of all names even after you made your reveal. Then I remembered the quote from TEC.

The alternate Minerva is very 'mild' compared to herself.
OwlFeather13 chapter 26 . 7/26/2012
Arty's dad is dead, isn't he?Beck and Myles were never born!
OwlFeather13 chapter 19 . 7/26/2012
"I suppose it's time I served my time for all those terrible things I did in the past."
Artemis is too... Artemis to use a line with a repeating vocabulary. I believe a character says he is usually "poetic" in the Atlantis Complex. Try rewording that one. You know, if you care, cause it's not very important.
OwlFeather13 chapter 17 . 7/26/2012
I was wondering how long it would take your characters to realize succeeding on their mission meant Julius Root would die. Again.
Electricboa chapter 45 . 7/26/2012
Wow, this is absolutely amazing. I love how you pick up right after the Time Paradox and come up with a companion piece that stands on its own as a great work. You tied up the whole paradox problem very nicely, and quite frankly better than Colfer ever did. As far as I'm concerned, the series would have been much better if this had been book #7 instead of the Atlantis Complex.

The characters were spot on, they felt just like one would expect them to and acted accordingly. The Alternate ones had depth and were complex, especially Lieutenant Short. She probably changed more than anyone else I would have expected. I think we all knew Artemis was going to be more or less like he was (I had actually guessed he was Hunter very early on), though having Opal as a paramour was a novel twist (I guess no matter the timeline he has a thing for fairies), but Short was a pleasantly darker version. It was nice to see that not only did Holly have a positive effect on Artemis, but he had one on her.

The plot itself was very well thought out and fun to read. You didn't move too quickly or too slowly, but at a perfect pace to keep everything in line. You really thought out the alternate world and it showed though with the detail. The whole quest for the Book of Ages was really well done.

The one thing I probably would have liked to see a little more on was the whole romance between Artemis and Holly. You kept it pretty subtle throughout, very much how I would expect them to behave, but the revelation at the end was a little too short for me. I don't know, it's really only a minor issue, maybe an epilogue would have filled in the rest of the details. Or maybe, perhaps, a sequel? I can't imagine all that many people would be happy with Artemis and Holly together and you could really go into those "consequences" for it. Either way, I'd love to see more stuff from you. I see you haven't posted anything else, and this is a crime! You're really talented and I'd adore more.
1,287 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »