CornishGirl chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
Love this! Can see it very clearly. 8-)
LaedieDuske chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
LOL Wow, this is one of the best pieces I've read, I love it!

Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Haha! The rubber ducky was a nice touch. Great story. Very fun!
bhoney chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
VERY cute story! I was totally cracking up at this: "Dean valiantly tried to stare Sam down. He really did. But being clad only in a cheap white towel whose edges didn’t quite meet was seriously affecting his intimidation factor." LOL And man, does Sam know how to totally manipulate his brother or what? That was very smooth. :) Loved how in character you kept them. It sounded like a conversation they'd really have.

I agree with Dean, that baby in the bathwater thing-totally gross. I remember when I first heard that (though, geekily enough, have to admit I was fascinated to find out the origin of the phrase). :)

And I loved how you threw in the memory of Dean's mom. So sweet. You did a great job of really making him sound like a four-year-old, too.
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
aw samy!

loved it
AnickaMarie chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Got me hooked after that first sentence :D Although, maybe that towel should be a *thin* scratchy one, as I'm sure the hotels the boys frequent don't buy new ones all that often.

That was a lovely bit of fluff. Very nice tying the memory of bath time with Mary in too. And the mental image of ginormous Sammy sitting in the tub, lol.
L5472 chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
LOL! Aw rubber duckies aye HAHA
Tiffany chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
lol, how cute :p. Dont you just love their relationship :D. I really enjoyed the story, good job lol, god im still laughing.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Well thanks for the best laugh I've had in awhile. This was absolutely hysterical. Yeah, Dean doesn't seem like the bath type. Loved his memory of his bath as a little boy - it was touching ;).

Funny, funny story. I sadly have to admit that I knew the 15th century story and idiom as well. Geek! Thanks for sharing this with us, you made my day. Until next time...
XxCrash.And.BurnXx chapter 1 . 8/8/2008

Definitely one of my favorites.

I rubber duckies.

Favorite part:

“You don’t still take baths, do you?”

Sam was surprised to feel a smidgen of heat suffuse his face. “I don’t. I mean, I used to … with Jess and we …”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Dean threw up a hand. “TMI, lover boy. Definitely TMI.”

It inspired a scene for a story. *giggles immaturely* :D

darksupernatural chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
This was cute. Love the banter and the flying rubber ducky.
lili20 chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
! Cute and funny, great combination.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Great little story, funny how Sam got Dean to take a bath. I knew about the 15th century bath ritual and I always thought it was way disgusting. But different times... Anyway, I pictured Sam in the small tub, with his legs and arms all over the place. Rinsing his hair, the picture brought tears to my eyes, I was laughing so hard. Picture Sam lying in the tub with his legs up the wall in a 90 degree angle, almost drowning when trying to sit up again. Dean buying the rubber ducky, priceless and so much like Dean. Hugs, Vonnie
skag trendy chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
As soon as I read the summary and saw your name attached, I thought 'this it going to be fun'.

And I wasn't disappointed.

Laugh? I nearly wet myself!

Nice job.

Kind regards,

ST.x. chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Really enjoyed that fic Vanessa! Dean all grumpy because he couldn't take a shower and not wanting a bath, that is until Sam used a little reverse psychology on him - clever little brother! Gross the thought of 15th century families all using the bath tub once or twice a year, and interesting how that is where the saying comes from!

Typical Dean not draining and cleaning the bath for his younger sibling, instead quoting the 15th century thing at him! And loved the little flashback memory which brought a smile to Dean's face!

Just knew that it would be a rubber duck in that bag Dean brought back when he went to get the food - doubt if he thought Sam would get him with a direct hit to the face with it though!

That was real entertainment, thanks hon! :)