Reviews for Culture Gap
LaylanatorXVII chapter 1 . 7/4
WHOA, NOW WAIT JUST A MINUTE HERE...
I have no clue who Sari is. I obviously have never seen this version of the Transformers, or, if I have, it must have been years ago. But: THIS GIRL IS NINE YEARS OLD?! He does NOT need to be telling this girl these stories...especially the sapping, cause the sexual connotations of that act freak ME out, and I'm almost seventeen...
But on another note: AWESOME. DARK. AWESOME. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING. :-)
And poor, poor Ratchet...I saw it coming, but I had hoped that he didn't sap the dude... But I think the little girl is right: it's the fact that he was so horrified by the prospect of having done it and hoped so much that he didn't that makes him different than the Decepticons... And I personally find it hard to fault him for it... Especially since he literally could not stop himself... *shudders*
You freaked me out in the most glorious of ways. Thank you so much.
TO THE FAVORITES LIST!
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Oh, wow! Bravo! So Ratchet ended up draining him after all.

I love the little details in here, too; about Ratchet and Sari. I like the more tender moments between them: a little, innocent girl trying to soften up a crotchety old bot.

Especially when he's describing her: "She was precious, faithful little Sari, his guide to people-skills and the great, barbaric world of earth; whining, cantankerous Sari, who he let sit on his palm every once in a while because he secretly liked her quiet somnolence and trust and the way she curled against his fingers like a nosing kitten."

And I swear my heart just melted and I AAAWWWEEED loud enough for China to hear when I read: "Creator, but he loved that little girl."

And I love Sari's thoughts about her bot-friends.

This was actually something that was kind of on my mind: what do the bots think about how much technology humans waste and send to scrap heaps. I was thinking that it would bother them; especially Ratchet, because he's used to fixing things.

This is one of my new all-time favorite stories. I have it saved to my favorites list, but I'm also saving a copy on my computer with my favorite five stories (this one kicked another one right off of the list).

Well, I suppose I've rambled on long enough, haha. Just wanted to say that you're an amazing writer and I can't wait to check out your other works!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
disturbing
Shadowolf27 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Wow, just took the words right out of my mouth; I'm speechless. I've always tried to see transformers as in a truly dark war setting where there is really no truly straight forward good or bad; both sides are warped in a way. But I've never been able to find a fic or write one up myself that conveyed the story in a realistic way.

I love the way you translate between robotic and organic terminologies and make both seem equally real. Usually torn electronic parts wouldn't make a human squeamish or cringe because they're just pieces of metal but you make it perfectly clear and believable that it's a living being. I felt squeamish reading this and I never thought Cybertronian terminologies could seem so realistic.

Amazing piece of work; definitely faving this one.
Zaran chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
I found this fic through enolianslave and I thought I'd let you know first before anything that, between distractions and this and that, you kept me up until 3:30 in the AM reading this.

I don't know what to comment on first. Beautifully written, to be sure. The whole story was so heartbreaking, the way you brought the bad side of the Autobots out and brought into it a character I could have liked and still do, despite what he became in the end. I'll admit, I haven't done a lot of reading on other people's fics or ideas of the tragedies of war, but I haven't been introduced to the idea of cannibalism as a bad thing for Cybertronians. Then again, I'm used to the new movieverse stuff and that version's Ratchet used parts from his own body to repair others, but that's a different story.

The characters were well-written. No doubts there. That being said, I don't know what more to say other than I loved the way you gave the scene an uplift in mood at the end there. Great work!
Kloudy Reignfall chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Man I can't believe I stayed up to read this thing. Whew. It was a little (hah) longer than I originally expected it to be, but I couldn't stop in the middle! (Even though I'm freaking exhausted. Started nodding every other paragraph half the way through. Somehow I really woke up when the fight between Ratchet and Shortshock started, like his eyes turning red jolted me awake. ; )

Right, so, *yawn*, oh, I really liked it. Definitely an important piece of personal history. The explanation of the Energon sapping makes perfect sense. And though I'm not far enough in the series to have heard them mention the term Energon much (if at all?) yet, this otherwise makes a decent-enough amount of sense. And Ratchet seems to be a good story-teller, and a big softy at heart. (Er, spark?) Ahh, makes me wish I had a grandpa.

Jeez, I need to be going to sleep. I'd really like to read a lot of the other stories you have here, but I don't think I'm far enough in the series to warrant reading them quite yet, so I'll try to be a bit patient about getting to the rest of the non-AU stuff. God I'm starving now too. What's more important, food or sleep? Guh...

Be back later! _

-Eloarei
Kerra Quigley chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Cool story but as a TFA fan I gotta say Ratchet would never try to kiss Sari.
Nicole Silverwolf chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
This too is a really strong step into the TFA universe. While it might feel like an episode I think it's a good thing. Sari and Ratchet don't get nearly enough together time in the series, so thanks for giving us readers a glimpse into your version of this universe.
my-dear-fangirl chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
that's so...cute! and the end: o...creepy. but in an awesome kinda way!
Dvana chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Dark and well-executed. You should be proud of this one. The gap isn't always bad; sometimes it allows us to talk about things we could never express to people who understood. This one has a lot of weight to it. Thanks for sharing.
Jetsir chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Wow, this is just absolutely amazing. I find myself unable to write a fluent review at the moment due to this story.

All I can say was that this is a very good story and that it inspires me to work harder to become a better writer. Please, don't ever stop writing.
27's Fury chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Wow...to come up with something so powerful like this...you are truely gifted to write emotions, and that's not a comment to be taken as if it were handed out randomly. This was really awesome.
Lina Ben chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Cool story. Keep writing.
ToonQueen chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Wow! Awesome! :O
Kibble Beast chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
oh... :(

that's sad :(

*sympathy for ratchet and shortshock...*

but poor ratch... i can't do one of my pathetic review this, it's too upsetting.

*sniffles and faves*