Reviews for Pikmin Tales
Sir Starlll chapter 14 . 12/18/2014
Wow, it's been a while.
I liked this one! Something about the image of a Rockmin waiting out the night under a pile of rocks kind of reminds me of how I used to sleep under the covers as a kid. It felt nice to read and remember that feeling.
Reevee21 chapter 13 . 9/22/2014
Wow. You never cease to amaze me with these one-shots.
And the lone breadbug marching into the distance was so hopeful! They shall LIVE!
your reader,
Golden Keyblade chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Part 2 of my review (fourth time trying to post this):

Hunt: Okay, but not the best. I don't think of Pikmin as that violent or hunting alone.

Cryptid: This one was really good, especially with the mystery of the underground cave, but I have to ask: were we supposed to know what the bird thing was?

Breaking Point: Again, didn't read. Sorry.

Pikpik Carrots: Really? Really?

Don't Go Into the Light: This one left me scratching my head a little bit. What was in the clearing?

Reds vs Whites: Meh. I sort of liked it; the ending was cool, with the purples saving the day at the last minute, but I don't like stories with Pikmin fighting. It kind of undermines the cooperative feel of the games.
Golden Keyblade chapter 12 . 7/25/2012
This story is awesome! I hope you make more soon. I'd like to break my review down into the different chapters.

Atmosphere: Very awesome. I like the idea of a floating biosphere and how Pikmin play into it. I like it.

Evacuate: Also very cool. It might be part of some kind of disaster which strikes after Pikmin 2. The only flaw that I noticed is that there's going to be Pink Pikmin in Pikmin 3, and they can fly. (This also kind of breaks Atmosphere.) But this story predates that, so maybe Nintendo's copying?

Ice Sheet: Mysterious, somber, and with an awesome ending. Cyan Pikmin with ice immunity is a little cliched, but all in all this is an incredible story.

Rocky Waters: Kind of violent and depressing, but I'm glad at least one blue made it. The ending was awesome; for some reason it made me think of Jurassic Park (or the way it SHOULD have ended).

The Bounds of Reality: Didn't read. Don't take it personally; I just don't like stories about Pikmin in the present.

The Traveling Bulborb: The name kind of let me down, but still very funny. Me gusta.

I'll continue with my next comment.
V rex chapter 5 . 1/27/2011
Definitely one of your best pieces on FF and one of my favorites now. The setting is unique and original and allows for a dark gritty tone. Pikmin, normal human and animals I usually find don't work, but you managed to do it perfectly. The pikmin names also fit well, usually not a big deal, but I felt I should mention it.

I think a full length fic is needed to be set in this world, or at least a one shot. That would totally be a potential hall of famer.
dragonsandpikminrock chapter 13 . 7/12/2010
Decent. A larger number of spelling and grammar errors than normal, but still decent. And the idea of purples working with whites is nice too; similiar but different than my own idea for them.

8/10, if you care about the numbers.
Great Thumbs of Wisdom chapter 13 . 7/12/2010
A number of errors and some minor problems with grammar (beginning a paragraph with 'and' before using the same word again in the same sentence), but mostly I have to say this was AWESOME.

While very dry at first, the story quickly picked up and I did find myself nearing the edge of my seat until the purples arrived, at which point it was fairly obvious it was over (while you could have carried the tension further and capitalized on the fact that it was an even match between the purples and the reds, you didn't and I didn't worry who would win).

The action was great, the battle was terrific, and it left me thirsting for MORE MORE MORE.
Great Thumbs of Wisdom chapter 12 . 9/21/2009
Well that was some fiercely awesome prose. Really tense, built up suspension, then put a bullet in my brain. I won't lie, this was fawesome.

But I don't get it. What was to fear from the light?
Sir Starlll chapter 12 . 9/19/2009
I wonder what killed the Pikmin!
Great Thumbs of Wisdom chapter 11 . 8/2/2009
Cool. Another slaughterfest.

The only problem I had was that it seemed like an unimportant info-dump on a trivial event. The meat of the story felt like it wasn't even really there, and it was only half the length of the beginning of the story. I would think that things would have gone on much longer and grown steadily more intense, but sadly not.

Also, I have no excuse. Things came up and I got lazy.
Sir Starlll chapter 11 . 7/27/2009
Wow- that didn't take long for a new chapter- not that I'm complaining.

So, People used specifically bred rats to contact other animals and attack? Must be hard to get away from.

But, how did the owl eat a pikmin the size of a rabbit on it's back legs? They usually eat things the size of lizards or small mice.

Keep the chapters coming!

Sir Starlll chapter 10 . 7/26/2009
This was great- information, food, and pikmin! The three best things in life!

I have one question, though:

When I finish growing them, how do I cook them?
Great Thumbs of Wisdom chapter 10 . 7/24/2009
Erm... well, you explained away and/or filled the plot holes/descrencies as fast as they appeared, so that's good.

I just have one teensy little problem. Space Bunnies are big, aren't they? And fearsome? I mean, they come from frigging SPACE...

And legless weasels. WTF is up with that?
dragonsandpikminrock chapter 10 . 7/23/2009
What about orange...?

And the combination of our names and pikmin enemies could have been better. Pretty good, other then that.
Code1295 chapter 4 . 7/5/2009
The last few were such happy chapters and then, wow. Dont get me wrong it was amazing but it was really sad.