Reviews for Code Geass: Infinity
nice story
Republic Che chapter 15 . 10/9/2016
This fic is awesome!
timothy.nguyen.73 chapter 2 . 2/27/2016
The way shirley and lelouch finally meet was very strange and uncharacteristic. No offense but Lelouch should be baffled why shirley is still alive instead of saying "Shirley?" Also The Britiannian soldiers were wearing masks under Schniezel's order. Theres no way Shirley could have geass them. Plot holes xp
shirleylulu chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
nice one
shirleylulu chapter 2 . 6/28/2015
thanks a lot for this
Akash Raj chapter 15 . 4/26/2013
Just the way I wanted it to end. I was disappointed when Shirley was turned in to a helpless love martyr. Though Shirley's personality is a lot different from the one in anime, I still enjoyed. And we really think alike. I wanted Kallen to go with Gino but have'nt seen anyone supporting it. But I also wished Rolo was there. Anyway this fanfic is more like One Piece than Death Note. There is'nt much Brain VS Brain. I also wanted Schneizel to be there. Anyway the ending is more happier than in the anime and I enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
AAhaha I wish this is how it really went. The fact that they kill alot of caracters that I liked made me angry. I stopped watching at R2 ep 15 because of this, they should've thought it through better.
Guest chapter 15 . 11/26/2012
did this really happen ?
01RandomUsername10 chapter 14 . 6/23/2012
I have one word to describe this story: EPIC. This is defidently one of my fav stories of all time :)
S.R.457 chapter 15 . 6/19/2012
Nice ending I wish all show had good endings... or at least more then one ending!

10 out of 10

good work!
SwissChocolate17 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
ShirleyxLulu 3 Awesome story!~
ChiefRusty chapter 15 . 5/24/2011
This is how Code Geass should have ended. My only criticism is that there are quite a few grammar mistakes, though I can put that aside. I love the story. I find it refreshing to see a quality Lelouch/Shirley fanfic out there.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 15 . 4/27/2011
You have a nice story here, I just wish it could be longer. Although it's not as complex as other stories (if this were, it could easily become the Shinji and W40k of Code Geass), has some problems (they were addressed at ShadowCell's review) but it's a good reading.

First, I've always wanted to read a fic where Shirley survives and finally scores with Lelouch, but then I say: cool, we're gonna explore the origins of Geass, something they never explained in canon and then we stay "what's that", it goes from the military sci-fi to Final Fantasy RPG. But I like this, because Code Geass makes this kind of distinction weird. But, as I said, I liked it anyway, I just wanted to see more of Lloyd and Cecile in the final battle.
bleachbabe03 chapter 15 . 4/12/2010
AW!~

That waz awesome!
ShadowCell chapter 15 . 9/26/2009
2) I like that you tried to flesh out that past civilization or whatever that was hinted to have built the Thought Elevators. I don't think it worked out so well when it was all said and done, though.

2.1) The common theme running between Lelouch, Schneizel, and Charles was that they all had competing visions of a new world. Charles wanted to return to the past and fuse humanity together with the Ragnarok Connection, turning back even death itself; Schneizel wanted to freeze the world in the present with the ever-present threat of Damocles; and Lelouch was willing to even kill himself so that the world could unite in its hatred of him and move towards the future. That common thread is totally lacking when the final villain is XX, a man who appears to want power simply for power's sake. Few if any characters in Code Geass wanted power purely for power's sake, and since all that's at stake is that a bloodthirsty demon wants to control the world, the final battle feels less important. It's just another irredeemably evil dude who wants nothing more than power for power's sake.

2.2) On a similar note, I don't know if you've watched Gundam 00, but the various new Immortals and XX and his minions all really reminded me of the Innovades from the second season of 00. The Innovators were lacking in much in the way of differentiating, unique characteristics. They were flat and one-dimensional, and their leader was at best one-and-a-half-dimensional. That's how I felt reading through XX and the Mythos and the other Code Bearers.

2.2.1) The problem with the Code Bearers, I think, is that only CC, GG, and XX received any sort of development. In fact, I'm not sure ZZ even had any lines, and AA was rather unimportant. They were pretty much just Code containers, and for all the importance attached to ZZ, I was expecting more to come of him than just getting picked up by XX and de-Coded.

2.2.2) Another problem, I think, is that you kept piling on increasingly powerful supernatural beings to make the story seem more epic in scope. Suddenly we went from Charles trying to bring about the Ragnarok Connection, to there being more than two Code Bearers, to there being this one Code Bearer who created Geass in the first place, to there being a whole army of supernatural creatures, to people trying to literally become God. It all became kind of silly and unbelievable after a while-at least for the scope of the world of Code Geass, where there were certainly supernatural forces at work in the world but what mattered to the story was how those powers were manipulated by human beings.

2.2.3) And that leads to a third problem. I really don't think the ending suits the world of Code Geass. Lelouch won his victory not through superior intellect, not through outwitting his enemy, but by brute strength and a bigger energy blast. It was like the ending of a battle from DBZ: whosoever can make the bigger energy blast shall be the victor. Which is great for DBZ, but not so great for Lelouch, because in R2 he defeated Schneizel by outsmarting him, but in this fanfic he defeated XX by making a bigger energy blast. It really feels out of place that the final battle should be a physical and not mental contest, because Lelouch was so physically unimpressive but mentally and intellectually formidable, and yet he had to use none of those skills in this final contest-and against the progenitor of Geass, the one whose power can affect the mind, as well. And that was part of what made XX so disappointing as a villain. It was like you wanted him to be a threat but couldn't think of an appropriate intellectual showdown for them, so you reverted to the easy answer and just have them fight each other with punches and kicks and big energy blasts.

2.2.4) And for that matter, I wish you had done more to characterize GG as something other than an albino CC. I don't have much to say about her, mainly because I've already talked about the problems she met with, and you didn't seem to have a whole lot to say about her either.

3) It is really difficult at times to tell who is talking, because you don't specify, and so I have to go back and count every other line to make sure. In addition to being really annoying, it breaks the flow of the story. This was especially difficult during the epilogue, where it's mostly just people talking, and I'm not entirely sure *who* those people are. I can understand how you might grow weary of using it often, and it isn't necessary to mark every quotation with a "_ said," but, well, suck it up and do it anyway. It makes reading the story much, much, much easier.

3.1) Kind of related to that is the random perspective jumps. It is very jarring, disorienting, and unnecessary. I don't see why you need to suddenly switch from third person omniscient perspective when Schneizel is talking to the Black Knights, to first person from Lelouch's perspective when the Black Knights try to kill him. Stick with one perspective-or, if you're going to change perspectives, do it consistently. In one chapter you take us to "Lelouch's POV" and it's written in the third person; in another chapter you take us to "Lelouch's POV" and it's written in the first person. Stay consistent.

4) Related to the dialogue, one of the most serious pitfalls I had when reading this is that you just write dialogue with some little chunks of narrative in between. The problem is that a story is not just talking heads having conversations and then the writer summarizes what happens in between. People react to what they speak, what they hear other people speak, or even to things not spoken at all. It seems like you really just wanted to write the dialogue of certain scenes and skipped straight to it. But you'll notice in the anime that they do much work animating and coloring and setting the atmosphere around the dialogue, because the dialogue is only one part of the story.

5) You don't do a whole lot of description. And description does not encompass just the appearances of characters' clothes and Knightmare Frames and locations. You have a lot more to describe: like, say, the characters' emotions, setting and background points, tones of voice, facial expressions, a great deal more description of locations. It's up to the reader to a certain extent to fill in details with imagination, but as the writer you should not be leaving important things (like, say, how the characters feel about all this stuff) up to the reader's imagination. Frankly, I think the best line of this story was the opening paragraph, where you seemed to understand that there's more to a story than moving talking heads from location to location, and had one of your best turns of phrase about the damage Geass was doing to Lelouch's soul. But that sort of thing became hard to find throughout the rest of the story.

5.1) One of the problems stemming from that is that you totally skip past some major scenes, just because, I guess, they were already animated and I guess you assume that we know what happens there already. That's a bad idea. Even if you have to retell parts of the Second Battle of Tokyo or the Black Knights turning on Lelouch, you have an opportunity to change those things, to tell them from a different perspective, to plant details that can come up later, to develop characters other than Lelouch and his posse, to flesh out the story and the world in which it occurs.

5.1.1) And stemming from that is a problem in which you totally skip through scenes we haven't seen already, which is even worse. For example, I really didn't feel any tension or any sense that the story was coming to a climax during the final battle, when everything is coming to a head and at the very least I should feel like everything is coming to a head. The way you skipped directly to "Nix's Battle" or "Jeremiah and Sayoko's Battle" was really inartful, as if you had remembered at the last minute that there were fights going on other than Lelouch and XX. But then there was almost no description of those fights, even though there should have been some emotional response on the part of, say, Jeremiah and Sayoko as they fight an evil force that has control of the body of dear little Nunnally who they know as peaceful and kind and gentle. And one would think as well that Suzaku and Shirley would've had at least some trouble fighting an enemy with the face of their mutual friend (sort of), Kallen Kozuki. For that matter, I don't see how Shirley could have been any use to them without a Knightmare. Even her ability to pilot a Knightmare was suspect, but where Suzaku had trained with Kyoshiro Tohdoh of all people and had military training, Shirley was a member of the swim team. That's...not the same.

6) I think it's very telling that you felt the need to clarify lots of things in author's notes. It's one thing to clear up something minor, like a typo from the last chapter or something. But if you basically have to summarize your entire plot so far, like you did at the end of chapter eleven, then that's a sign that something has gone wrong.

I know this fanfic has been done for a while and you've written stuff since then, which I have not read. And I do have more to say, but it may be redundant and I think this will suffice anyway. I think if you want to improve this story, it would benefit greatly from a much more careful and attentive rewrite. It will take much more time and much more work and you'll probably lose readers and get less reviews for it...but I guess that depends on what your priorities are. You can certainly make this story incredibly deep and interesting, but the key above everything else is effort, and I get the feeling that effort was lacking a lot throughout this story.