Reviews for Last Chance
Ladeedah chapter 27 . 10/15
Just gonna pop in here real quick~~

This is one of the best harry potter fanfictions I've ever read.
This is most definitely the best tom-redemption story I've ever read.

As there haven't been updates for about a year now, I'm not expecting much, but if you do still check these reviews: thank you so much for even giving me just a little more joy and entertainment from reading such an excellent and amazingly well thought out story. Go write actual books and become a famous author, or something; your writing is more than good enough.
Books85 chapter 27 . 10/13
Well, you have updated this in the pat 2 years. That's a good. And you are laying the groundwork to future plot lines, with the basilisk stirring in the depths of the castle. I see this as a viable story, if only Real Life will allow you and your muse to have at it. I really like the way you have developed Tom's personality. He almost seems like he is on the Asberger's spectrum, rather than evil. I know that Asbergers does not seem to manifest as a result of childhood trauma or isolation, and it appears that in this story a tendency towards darkness those are causes for Tom... Hmmm. I am not being very clear. Maybe you could write another chapter to clarify? (Insert puppy dog eyes, here, which are ludicrous in a 'woman of a certain age.')

Anyway, thank you for writing.
Books85 chapter 3 . 10/13
Oh, I like this! I believe that I read this years ago, but I did not retain anything except for the fact that Dumbeldore did his job and kept Tommy Riddle from creating Lord Voldemort. As a person who mentored young people in my job, I appreciate a story about a well done mentorship. It is harder than it looks.

A well-written story, too. Thank you!
purpleradiance chapter 2 . 10/5
You've written this well!
purpleradiance chapter 1 . 10/5
Well written and engaging!
StupidChinaBook chapter 4 . 9/24
Wasn't Longbottom Augusta's MARRIED name?
mowmers chapter 27 . 8/11
I have never read a story like this before. I loved the additional information timeline wise, regarding how the war was progressing and what steps had been taken by the various countries involved. It added a realism and also an urgency to the atmosphere.

I really hope you update this. I want to see how Tom grows, his choices and paths. It's an interesting character study, and the most authentic of "redeem Voldemort" tropes I have yet come across. I will follow this and hope you return to it soon.
SlytherClaw chapter 27 . 7/3
PLEASE POST CHAPTER 28 SOON!
LunaFlos chapter 1 . 6/21
This is a very good idea! I'm always interested in fanfictions that make the adults responsible instead of being careless
bartlettpear chapter 15 . 6/7
Cheers for your world building and read. Dunbledore's talk with Tom was much appreciated as well as a relief. I am really happy Tom didn't get hurt.
bartlettpear chapter 14 . 6/7
How unfortunate :-( On the other hand, I like how sensible Horace and John are, how hard Dumbledore tries, and Tom's relationship with Rowdy.
bartlettpear chapter 13 . 6/7
Another wonderful chapter :-)!
bartlettpear chapter 12 . 6/7
Good conversations :D I like when Dumbledore gets a chance to catch up with Tom and he is responsive :-)
bartlettpear chapter 11 . 6/7
This was an exciting chapter, I am super glad it turned out well xD Tom becoming more animated when he spoke about Merope was cute, and Miss Harris is a lovely social worker. Yay for Alastor's words making an impression on Tom and Dumbledore welcoming Tom as his new son. Thank you for the wonderfulness :'-)
bartlettpear chapter 10 . 6/7
I love this chapter, it also made me cry but anyways- Moody's talk with Tom and giving him something to think about and seeing in Albus what Moody shared about his dad, and then the reveal of the pending adoption and Tom's family. Very nice :D!
1,388 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »