Reviews for Last Chance
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 12 . 4/28/2016
The last sentence of this chapter is great.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 4 . 4/28/2016
Misuse of "allure" where "allude" is intended.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 3 . 4/28/2016
I think Dumbledore creating the illusion of setting Riddle's wardrobe on fire qualifies as a temper tantrum. It was definitely ill-considered. But since in this story he does not react that way you should assume that he has better control over his emotions at this point.

In canon nobody ever burned out a wand core, even Voldemort in the height of one of his rages when he was sending crucios to his followers left and right. "That strange calm" has to be the result of Occlumency training.

I like the story anyway, though, so it doesn't really matter if the excuse that Dumbledore gives for visiting Ollivanders is lame.
Outasync chapter 26 . 3/11/2016
Came here after a recommendation in "The Best Revenge" by Arsinoe de Blassenville, and I'm loving your take on Competent!Dumbledore. A refreshing change from the evil manipulator of fanon, while still acknowledging his woeful deficiencies in canon.

Tom as a layered character is a delight. I look forward to the next update, although I understand about time being scarce. This is a cruel cliffy!
tanilc chapter 26 . 2/24/2016
Great story I really hope you continue it
WittyBasketcase chapter 7 . 2/20/2016
I don't know if it's because i am on my menstrual, and I'm more of a mess than usual- but when albus said he's going to adopt Tom...awwww
Hermy365 chapter 26 . 2/7/2016
I just discovered your story and I read it very fast. I hope you will have time to finish it one day.
jayan0706 chapter 26 . 2/6/2016
This is really good! I hope you continue it sometime. :)
Alibi Nonsense chapter 26 . 1/28/2016
I love the quote from Ollivander: the 'there is only power and those too weak to seek it', but made anew, so that it supports the light. I love the friendship between Alastor and Tom, too, and how Tom steadily learns to trust Albus. :)
siehjin chapter 26 . 1/25/2016
This is good! :)

But where's the rest of it? :(
diana's pen chapter 26 . 1/18/2016
I wish you would have continued...such a wonderful story! I am searching for such kind of fanfictions where Albus is a kind of father figure for Tom. If anyone knows about such stories please do pm me
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 1/8/2016
If love potions are so foul, then why is Sluggy still allowed to teach how to make them?

I love the conversation between Aberforth and Ollivander, and the way that Ollivander helped Tom, and assure him that he won't have to face fighting the darkness alone. I also appreciated Albus being appalled at someone who is only thirteen fighting a war. Nice to hear!

And Tom will have a blast a the IFODs Junior competition!
trainreader chapter 26 . 1/2/2016
I would hate to see Tom being a spy or getting dark. So great!
Guest chapter 26 . 12/30/2015
U CAN'T DO THIS TO US!
How does it end?
Will Tom say yes? Or no?
Please update
I find this story new and exciting
PatronusHowl chapter 26 . 12/29/2015
CLIFFHANGER!
cant wait to find out what happens next
1,459 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »