Reviews for Last Chance
excessivelyperky chapter 27 . 1/24/2020
Excellent chapter. Tom found a way out of a hard situation, and did the right thing. Hope that Albus will recognize it, but it's hard to tell what his real reaction is going to be once he doesn't have an audience urging fairness on him.

Can't wait till Tom meets the Basilisk...

But it looks like I will have to! (sobs quietly)
BerserkLittleCook chapter 27 . 1/7/2020
The last update was 4 years ago. Pity. It's a good story. The writing is fluid, with no errors or wierd quirks. The narrative captivates I felt no need to skip any text, and I skip a lot. By that alone I would recommend this story. But it also has a great depiction of Dumbledore coping with Grindelwald's betrayal. I can safely say it is the best piecw of fanfiction I read in months if not years. I still follow the story with a spark of hope it will get picked up some day.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 16 . 12/31/2019
About that Hitler/Schicklgruber thing..

His name was **supposed** to be "Hiedler",
but either Alois or the clerk of records misspelled it as "Hitler" when recording the namechange.
HungryisI chapter 11 . 9/28/2019
This last chapter almost made me cry...
mickeysofine chapter 27 . 9/26/2019
This is good, I'll be watching for further updates.
mickeysofine chapter 24 . 9/26/2019
This chapter is what I meant by previous comment.

This chapter was good.
mickeysofine chapter 15 . 9/26/2019
Eh.

I'd have preferred that they worked through their feelings like people do.

Instead of this, where someone has to be saved and they are grateful instead of addressing what's causing the problems.
Ero Riddle chapter 27 . 9/15/2019
Hi
I love your story and the relationship between Tom and Albus. Unfortunally it's been years since you updated so have you abandoned it?
Ero
Vkw10 chapter 27 . 9/12/2019
This is an excellent story! Both Tom and Albus are believable, which I wasn't expecting. Pulling in earlier versions of other characters works very well, too, as I can see how different choices and friendships early on had the potential to shape them into different people as they matured. You also have me a bit curious about what events shaped Albus and Horace into friends who help each other be better people, since I never really saw that in Horace Slughorn.
Belios chapter 18 . 8/20/2019
That was pretty sad reading about the fire crabs. When even animal experts don't know a creature's natural lifespan because it is so thoroughly hunted there is something seriously wrong.
Guest chapter 27 . 8/20/2019
What a great story! You are such a gifted writer and I hope you’re going to finish this story someday. It’s just way too good to be abandoned!
Kawisdom chapter 27 . 7/17/2019
I don't think I've given the slightest thought towards redeeming Tom Riddle but you're really making me think it's worth doing. Some of your slang might be off, like sucks, which I suspect is more modern, but language evolves and slang changes fastest of all. Given the amount of historical research you put into this story, I'm going to label the slang AU and tell you this is really good. The way you tie events in the outside world to the wizarding world really gives it all perspective. The knowledge of what is happening creates a sense of why Albus and his allies are so determined to stop the Grindelwald/Hitler alliance. These "newsfeeds" also illustrate what young canon Tom grew up with when he returned each year to his muggle orphanage. War reportage, rationing and eventual bombing would have helped create his obsessive sense of his own mortality. Albus has no idea what changes he's already creating in this boy's life. I hope you get time and the impulse to add to this some day.
Guest chapter 27 . 6/11/2019
Very good story even if it seems abandoned :-)
Guest chapter 27 . 5/18/2019
Yo yo what’s next
ViajeraPensativa chapter 27 . 5/12/2019
Wow, I happened upon a rec for this on r/HPFanFiction and have spent the last day immersed in this world. I see you haven't updated since 2016, so I imagine this is abandoned, but I will be pleasantly surprised if you do ever resume the story. I'd like to see what happens with the basilisk. I'd also love to see a flashforward to our main characters from canon and how their lives are changed by these changes with Tom.
1,459 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »